Banana Boat Natural Reflect Baby

2.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3.6%), Zinc Oxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecyl Citrate Crosspolymer, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG 8 Dimethicone, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene, C30 38 Olefin/Isopropyl Maleate/MA Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Capryl Glycol, PEG 8, Alumina, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxythanol

on 2/1/2015 10:16:00 AM

I was putting this on this morning and realized, "You know what? This smells and feels pretty much exactly like paint." It really does.

It's very thick and takes a while to absorb, but the white cast fades down until it's barely noticeable, which was a relief since it's really white on the skin at first. It's non-greasy, yet I can still feel it lingering on my skin. It's quite resistant to being washed off, too, so handy if you're going to be in the water. The smell is really mild, though, and I appreciate that it isn't scented.

I think at this point in time I wouldn't repurchase, but perhaps I'll feel differently when I've had more of a chance to use it in warmer weather. At the present time, I'd prefer something that was easier to apply.

on 8/26/2014 1:18:00 AM

Was looking for a sunscreen for "sensitive" skin because that's what I thought mine was, but after numerous tests on different sunscreens, I guess I'm intolerant. After skin testing on my arms--left arm outer part, right side inner--had bumps without itch on my left arm, itching and with one big bump on my right arm. No reaction for the 15mins that I was waiting but suddenly was itching on my arm after 2 hours so I felt my left arm, felt the bumps, and that's that.Even tried Bioderma spf 50 and spf100 with the same effect. A tan is better than these bumps, mineral oil it is!

on 7/22/2013 3:12:00 PM

I have hyper-sensitive skin on my face (and probably my body for that matter lol) so finding a facial sunscreen that doesn't break me out or cause an allergic reaction is not an easy job! I had been using the neutrogena baby pure and free previously but found that made my skin very dry/flaky. I saw this at walmart for under $9 and decided to give it a try. What made me give this a shot was not only was it PABA free but it was also paraben and oxybenzone free! Yes, the product is very thick and it doesn't blend easily but what i do is I just mix it in my hands and then pat the lotion all over my face. Then, I slowly massage it into my skin. I don't find it takes too much time when i do it this way and i'm not rubbing my skin as hard neither. It does feel a bit heavy when you first apply it, but after about 5mins or so, it dries to a satin finish and you don't feel like you're "wearing" it. I haven't tried this under makeup, so i will update if anything bad happens lol. So far, I really like the feel of this sunscreen on my face. It leaves it baby soft and supple.

Claims to be:
UVA/UVB Protection
Very Water Resistant

on 6/5/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I broke into rashes after 1 week's use. It has the chemical sunscreen Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene hiding in the list of ingredients. I'm now using Badger SPF 16 sunscreen with Aloe.

on 5/31/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a very decent sunscreen option from the drugstore. There are 3 products in this line, All-Purpose, Kids, and Baby. The formulas for all three are virtually identical, offered in the same sizes and at the same price point. The main difference is that the Kids and Baby formulas have 3.6% titanium dioxide as opposed to 2.8% in the All-Purpose (all three formulas have 4% zinc oxide). I was interested in using this for daily wear but it's a bit too heavy for me for that purpose (I can definitely feel it on my face). I save it for outdoor days and it's suitable for that. This sunscreen goes on very thick and white at first and takes some time to work in and absorb. Once it does it dries to a satin finish on my oily skin, not overly greasy. I can apply my cream foundation or mineral powder over this with no issues. It does leave a bit of a white cast on me although I'm pretty fair but it's not enough to prevent me from using it. This sunscreen seems fairly tenacious although i have not tested it in water. I have not burned or gotten any additional color while using this so I believe it's quite protective. I would repurchase this for outdoor use for myself and my 4 year old son. I have added the ingredient listing for this product as well as the Kids version.