October 25, 2014 | 916 users online

Eye Shadow - Jordana - Eye Shadow- Toast

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I bought this product on a whim and ended up using it down to the last crumb for years! 99% of the time I used this as a crease/transition color as it is a light matte brown shade. When I first began using this I felt it had almost an orange-y tinge to it and was a bit too harsh without another darker brown blended out over it. Toward the end of using this, I would often
use it on its own or with a base or highlight only for the daytime. I suppose my technique improved over time and I began using better quality brushes. Jordana isn't a brand I use or see often in stores, but from what I've experienced you can't really go wrong, especially considering their prices. I feel they're a bit more consistent as far as quality goes when compared to brands such as E.L.F. or NYC. Definitely a great bang for your buck, as I don't feel something like a transitional matte brown shade is something that needs to be purchased from the department store!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by dyellowrosek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this colour to blend out my lid/crease colours, it is THE perfect transition colour for me! Wish I could find this again, I want backups. Its a matte tan colour, and depending on your complexion, it can be used in various ways. It can be a crease/ contour colour, or a transition colour, or even a hightlight colour.I really love it and is HG for me. No fallout or grittiness, its smooth and buttery soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Most of my neutral palette is full of Jordana shadows because they're comparable to MAC shadows, fits into a MAC palette too, comes in a lot of matte shades but dirt cheap with wonderful quality.

Toast is a buff beige/tan matte shadow that has a very silky smooth texture for a matte color. I like to pair it with an ivory matte/champage color to make my eyes pop with a bit of depth too. I'm fair/ivory with yellow undertones for reference.

I don't suggest this being a "wash" color unless you're tanned, otherwise it might appear chalky or muddy depending on your complexion. If you're tanned/olive/buff beige tone, you probably can use this as a matte highlighter too :) If you're pale this could be opted as a contour shade as well.

It's a really versatile little pot that costs $1. I think a lot of people should own this in their palettes/kits :) No loss and worth the bargain.

I recommend all the neutral matte shades from Jordana along with almost all their shadows but the neutral matte shades are very useful for "natural" looks and the consistency for a matte shadow makes them beyond the price they cost! They're barely chalky for a matte and VERY EASY to apply to the skin unlike some other mattes from other companies. No under eye mess!

The matte neutral shades I know about so far are: Winter White (ivory), Peach (peachy beige), Toast (tan), Cocoa (light brown), Chocolate (deep brown). All recommended and highly versatile! There is also the basic black and white shadows, Ebony and White.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by medorose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color goes with everything. No problems with fading or creasing at the end of the day. I use it almost everyday without planning to at all. It works with so many different color combinations. It's good for a lighter smokey effect by applying it to the crease of your eye. I am definitely going to buy Jordana eye shadows again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by PARISSUNSET

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this eye shadow! I have tried everything from Jordana up to Dior, and this is my all-time favorite both because the Toast color is the perfect natural looking shadow (it looks just like a real shadow on my eye crease) and because it's very soft & smooth & fine. It lasts a long time (using a concealor/base underneath always helps too). I use the Sand-Toast combo and highly recommend it for anyone who likes a neautral/natural look. It looks great on fair to very light olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2005 12:59:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

Got this RIS and thought, uhhh...what a bore. But I find myself reaching for this over and over! I have "hooded eyes" and this is a great versatile shade for my crease-to-brow area to recede it a bit. Soft and wonderful texture and pigment as with all Jordana shades; I apply with a Prestige Crease Brush and it looks great - subtle and effective. Great e/s staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by SassE142

I actually love this color, I pair it with Jordana Beige and it gives me the perfect everyday subtle look I'm looking for. Will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2002 3:09:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually love Jordana e/s but this one is so-so. It's a warm tan color. It's a nice color it's just not for me. When I applied it, it turned an orangey tan and made me look awful. It's only .99 so if you look good in warm tans you might want to check this out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 12:22:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from my local dollar store. The color is a matte light tan. The color looks awful on me, this might suit you better if you have a darker complexion. The texture is a bit chalky but not too bad for $1. I would not repurchase this.