Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled - Pirate's Booty

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/6/2013 3:29:00 PM

As a layering polish, this is great. But if you want an opaque glitter polish, look elsewhere. It will take 3-4 coats to get the opaque color that you'd imagine from looking at the bottle. The good news is that it's relatively fast drying, so if you have the patience, it can be accomplished.

When I purchased this, I figured it wouldn't be the opaque glory that I was hoping for, but I couldn't resist the gorgeous gold and copper color. My 3 coats lasted almost a week on my nails, which is impressive with the amount of handwashing that is necessary at my job. Interestingly, I experienced that the polish peeled off my nails once chipped a bit.

Bottom line: Even though this wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, I don't regret my purchase. Due to time constraints though, I will probably reserve this for use over other polishes.

Repurchase: Probably not...unless I find myself using it a lot.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this, it's a good layering polish. The clear is quite thick but other then that its good. It reminds me of fall

on 8/25/2012 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this polish is made and meant to be a layering polish. meaning its to be used as a topcoat for a base. i think this polish is very pretty if used properly. its adds a beautiful gold shimmer flakey touch to a base. its a clear suspension filled with tiny gold, bronze and reddish/copper/pink flakes. i especially love to use it for frankening. as with all spoiled polishes, it comes with the special mop brush but that isn't necessarily a bad thing if you know how to work with it. but i took off a lippie for that brush. i hate most of the spoiled names but i think this is one of the cuter ones.

on 8/25/2012 1:37:00 PM

I think the biggest problem with this polish (besides the name) is that it is very deceiving in the bottle. Just looking at the bottle, you'd think that this would be a fabulous opaque gold glitter polish, but it's not. Having read the previous reviews, I purchased this polish specifically because I knew it would go on sheer with a light wash of gold glitter and that was the effect I wanted. If you're looking for a polish that adds a bit of gold glitter on top of a base color, this is a good choice. However, if you're looking for an opaque glitter polish, it would be best to purchase a different polish.

on 6/10/2012 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to agree with MAChostage: "Pirate's Booty" (ugh, what a name) is not as good as the other Spoiled polishes from Wet 'n' Wild. Most of what you get out of the bottle is a thick clear gel with a relatively low amount of glitter suspended in it. As a result, this does well on top of a more toned-down gold with smaller glitter pieces (Sinful Colors' "This Is It," for instance), but it's really not worth applying on its own.

The brush is wonderful, as it is with all Spoiled polishes, and the formula is pretty long-wearing. However, this polish takes longer to dry than most Spoiled polishes do, probably due to how thick it is. This is especially problematic since you're almost certain to be applying it as a topcoat; exercise caution, and expect your nails to be gummy disaster zones.

Edit: This works OK if you're willing to spend a lot of time between layers. The good news is that this formula is just as indestructible as Spoiled's other shades; I gave myself glittery gold tips with Pirate's Booty (hur hur) that lasted for ages.

on 5/31/2012 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm enjoying the new Spoiled line of polishes by Wet N' Wild, but "Pirate's Booty", a yellow-gold glitter, is a flop. It wasn't until I applied the FIFTH coat that it started to resemble what you see in the bottle. That's way too much effort (and product waste) for me. I'd pass on this particular glitter nail polish.