October 1, 2014 | 1627 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Claims of long wear in an eyeshadow rarely work for me, but in these 15 hour wear cream shadows, it's actually true. I have hooded eyelids, but even without primer, these lasted forever...until I decided to remove them. All of the colors are great. I chose Topaz, Gemstone, and Stone. They are versatile enough that I can wear all three colors together, or mix and match. I found they were easy to blend, and once they set, they didn't budge. I just applied with my finger...I've found with cream shadows like this, basic application works best that way. For lining my lashline, or applying on my lower lid, i'll use a pencil brush. They have a slight sheen to them which I like. It doesn't look dry or matte, but it isn't shimmery or glitterly. Stone is a real winner for me. The name implies it's a gray, but it looks green on me, yet it makes my green eyes pop. Not many colors can do that. Gemstone is also good for green eyes, as it's more of a mauve shade, and Topaz is a champagne based color that can be used to accent the other colors, or just as a light wash on the lids to make you look wide awake. Very impressed with this product, and I may pick up a couple of the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

While I like these, I'm not sold on them. Anything saying "creaseless" or "no creasing" is a lie to me with my hooded, oily eyelids, but I understand the long-wearing aspect will work for me. Topaz, "soft golden beige", works well as a brow and inner-eye highlighter. Icon, "bronze", works well as an outer crease color and lower lid eyeliner.

These stay on my eyelids for a decent amount of time with primer and setting spray, maybe 6 hours out of summer heat. They blend pretty well, the payoff is good, the packaging is very good, the feel is creamy and smooth, and they're nice colors. I really like Icon's color, Topaz is only okay on my skintone. Besides the iffy animal testing status of Smashbox currently, I'm just not fully impressed with the product for a "15 hour wear" product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Still loving the colour but these creased on me on a humid day like any other cream es :( So I am still using my trusty NARS es base underneath and I am happy although I am taking a lippie off.

I had a very bad experience with MAC Paintpots which a) dried in their pots 6 months after opening (and I was very careful to close the lid very tightly after each use) b) were not very durable as a lid base on me - I have quite oily, sweating a bit, deep set lids and so far only NARS Smoodgeproof Eyeshadow Base (the one in the wand) manages to keep my eyeshadow crease free but I have recently finished off my third one and I was looking for some change.

Here comes Smashbox and their Limitless 15 hours wear shadows - I have two colours:

Iris - plumy, smoky deep violet with pinkish micro glitter and Gemstone - warm brown/dark peach with silver micro glitter.

I use Gemstone all over and Iris in the outer corner (I've tried it as a liner as well and it worked that way too, although it was not pigmented enough for just one swipe, I had to add a second layer but it truly held all 15 hours + day! ) - both applied with my ring finger. I am able to do an everyday look with my fingers in 2 minutes flat. I thightline sometimes with Charlotte Tilbury's Iconic Eye pencil in Elizabeth Violet to get a stronger look but Smashbox eyeshadows look good on their own as well, just with a lick of mascara. Micro glitter brightens the lid but does not give any wet or metallic finish. Shadows set and do not budge even on a warm, summery day. I am SUPER happy with my purchase (15 each, easily accessible in Boots).

Gemstone reminds me of my favourite but discontinued Benefit cream eyeshadow so I am chuffed I have found a decent replacement.

Jars are huuuuuge (5g) so I hope to use them for a long time - I decided to keep them in the original cardboard boxes to minimise risk of them drying out. That is also why I gave them 4 stars only - if they last longer than MAC's Paintpots, I will be back to hopefully add another lippie.

It is my 4th array into Smashbox offering (I've had their collection of 10 eyeliners before, very dinky very long lasting) and so far I am very happy with everything I've bought. I would like to look more into their brushes offering as well in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Pilky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Icon and as well as being a fantastic eye shadow, it makes a fantastic brow colour which looks amazing as it has a bit of a gloss to it that resembles eyebrow hairs more closely than flat powder. Wouldn't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by parisianwalkways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

super pigmented, doesn't flake or crease, lasts forever, extremely buildable and does not move!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

They are smooth, not too soft (like Shi's), no chunky glitter particles, they go on well and you need very little. Easy to build up or use very sheerly. I don't use a primer, I use it as a base. The colour I have is Icon, a bronze/brown shade. It looks like Fyrinnae Fire Opal, in cream shadow form. Used alone, it gives a sort of grunge look, many would just leave it there, it's so pretty.
I wear it as Lisa Eldridge did in her Chocolate Berry winter look, with cranberry shades pressed on top, and a deep plum to line.
One con (which is a good thing, really) is that they are difficult to take off without a good makeup remover. You can't just use a wipe and call it a day. I was torn between this and other cream shadows from Benefit, Dior, etc. The Dior was coming off without me even trying. This was the longest lasting one. It is similar to Estee Lauder's cream shadow, but longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So happy to have found this. I have used many primers, both HE and DS and nothing stays on me like this. I have it in Gemstone and use it without a shadow over it. It lasts longer than LM Caviar Sticks, paint pots, and Bobbi Brown cream shadows. The price is steep but this is a winner. I plan to get more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently I received this as a gift and I am so glad I did! This is probably one of my favorite cream eye shadows ever. I have the shade in gemstone and the way I would describe the color is a cross between a dark purple with a bit of topaz and almost golden shimmer. In the pot I thought it would make my eyes look red and puffy but it doesn't. The color goes really well with almost every outfit I pair it with and it goes on so easily. It doesn't dry very quickly so I can always buff it out with a blender brush if I need to and I love that as well.
I have brown eyes and the shade makes my eyes pop but also look sultry and sexy at the same time. I do not even have to wear eyeliner with this color. Also I found out that this can also be used as a cream eyeliner in a pinch. I just used an angled eyeliner brush and it went on so easily and did not smudge once. I love the two in one factor with this shadow.
I definitely recommend this product, I don't know what it costs exactly but I think that it is worth it no matter the price. Also a little goes quite a way so you won't go through it fast. Another thing, it is in a glass pot so you just have to be careful not to drop it or bang it up against things.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by AimeeNicole91

I have this in topaz, gemstone and stone. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of these. They are by far the best cream eyeshadows I have ever used. They really do stay on all day long and don't ever crease or fade and I don't wear primer with it. Actually instead of using primer with my powder eyeshadows now, I use one of these as a base and it works great. It's also nice to just have a wash of color you can put on in a minute with your finger. The ONLY thing I dislike about these is the price, however they do last forever, even when I wear everyday so it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in the new shade called Icon. It is a shiny, glitter-free, bronzy brown gorgeous color similar to UD smog. This one stays on all day without creasing at ALL on me and is flattering in the crease or on the lid.... A new staple for me as it does an excellent job of recessing my hooded lids without highlighting the crepiness which I have become a bit self consious about! Want an interesting eye look? Try it on top of a grey , blue or plum eyeshadow, just a dab in center of your lid. I wish the little glass jar similar to a Mac Paintpot was less clunky and heavy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No