Clear Scalp & Hair Shampoo

2.9

TOTAL CARE NOURISHING SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200) NOURISHING ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO Active Ingredient: Pyrithione Zinc (1.0%) Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Glycerin, Zinc Sulfate, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) DAMAGE & COLOR REPAIR NOURISHING SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200) CLEANSE & NOURISH SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethiconol, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-9M, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

I wish that I could give this a lower review. I didn't know that it was making my hair fall out. I didn't even think that shampoo could really actually do that. Well, it can and this DOES. It should have been taken off the market years ago. I wish that I had looked at reviews before I used it on and off for about 3 years! Will my hair grow back normally? I'm really worried about it, and haven't read any reviews from people whose hair went back to normal after they stopped using this horrible product. If your hair did go back to normal, please post about it or let me know. This stuff is awful.

on 8/15/2015 2:33:00 AM

I didn't experience any strange amount of hair loss after using it, although Ive only used it for about a week now. The shampoo makes your hair super super super soft which is a plus for me, and it does not dry out your ends either. The smell is not extremely good but not bad either, just like any regular shampoo. I personally have extremely oily fine, and thin hair, when i use this product and night, in the morning it'll still look great. However, it got oily by afternoon.

on 8/13/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have the Total Care Conditioner so this is a review for that product. My hair is long, fine and prone to tangles. It is not particularly dry. I find this conditioner just ok. It is not the worst I've tried but I just wish it offered a tiny bit more slip to my hair so I could comb it easier. Scent is pleasant. I probably won't repurchase. Thumbs up for the practical packaging which has a clicky-lid on the base, allowing quick access to all of the product.

on 8/13/2015 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If Clear Scalp's method of curing your itchy scalp is to make your hair fall in ALARMING amounts so the shampoo can better penetrate your former hair follicles, then mission accomplished.

Don't use this shampoo.

on 7/8/2015 5:35:00 PM

WILL CAUSE HAIR TO FALL OUT! Today- after a steady year of using this shampoo and on and off use over the past 3 years, I found out why my hair had been "shedding" so horribly. Let me first start off by saying how much I initially loved this shampoo- especially the scent. I liked how light and non-oily it made my hair and would get compliments on how good my hair smelled on a regular basis. However, I didn't realize that the product I loved so much was the culprit for the hair loss I have been experiencing. (I'd also like to mention that I just recently had blood work done due to switching primary care physicians and everything came back normal and healthy just to rule out any health problems being the possible cause). I was just casually searching Amazon to see if Clear shampoo would be cheaper and scrolled down to the reviews and was completely appalled. Everything I have been experiencing was written in hundreds upon hundreds of reviews- hair loss caused by this shampoo! I have huge clumps of hair coming out in the shower, huge clumps when I get out and comb my hair, significant amounts of hair on the floor when I style my hair, and my house floors, carpets, and car are covered in my shedding hair. Part of my daily routine when I get out of the shower is to brush my hair by the toilet so that I can empty my brush and the falling hairs into the toilet to avoid them from falling all over the floor- it's that bad! I am SO upset by this that I have made an account on here to post my review upon all of these others to try and spread the word- Do not walk, RUN AWAY from these products- they are absolutely terrible and you will eventually notice hair loss. And I want to specify that I was using the Total Care the most but also tried the Damage and Color Repair, Strong Lengths, and Intense Hydration. They're all equally damaging and will all result in the same. Hope this helps!

I absolutley LOVE this shampoo and conditioner!!! I bought the volumizing root boost one's and they have really added volume to my hair. They smell so lovely, they leave my hair SO soft and smooth, literally it is everything I want in a shampoo. Only down side is that it's a bit pricey for a drugstore product, but I definitley recommend it!

I bought the Total Care Shampoo. It definitely made my hair feel nice and healthy, but I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily scalps. I couldn't skip a day of showering which is important to me because I dont want to overwash my hair. It wasn't anything special, I expected to have a refreshing feeling on my scalp like with John Friedas Root Awakening, which I prefer over this. Its a white shampoo, and has a subtle fruit scent.

on 1/17/2015 10:47:00 PM

I have been struggling to find a shampoo that doesn't cause dry, brittle ends and on the flip side doesn't make my hair greasy. I'm on a tight budget so when I found Clear at my local drug store I decided to give it a try.

I LOVE this shampoo. My hair feels clean, healthy and looks smooth. It smells great and the price is right. I would recommend to others and will continue using this product.

DO NOT USE!!!! HAIR LOSS!!! DO NOT SEND YOUR PRODUCT IN TO THE MFG. As you can tell from my user name; I experienced more than noticible hair loss. Sadly it took me a long time, doctors and tests to find out it was the shampoo. They have horrible reviews on amazo too, please go read and notice that the manufacturer has been replying with requests that the consumer contacts them. I did as I noticed that the hair loss reviews and mfg contact requests dated as far back as 2013. They were aware of the problem for a very long time. They will ask you to send it in so you have no proof the chemicals in their products caused your hair loss, DO NOT SEND in your product; send it to an independent lab. If anyone is as devastated as I am and want to stop them; the link below is information on class action lawsuits. Please contact me back if your interested.

Please click the link below regarding class action lawsuits; we certainly can get enough of us together; class action is better than individual lawsuits. http://www.jacobymeyers.com/questions-about-class-action-l.html

btw... my rating is too high on this product.

on 12/31/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My review is for the Clear scalp & hair therapy total care shampoo and Clear scalp & hair therapy total care daily conditioner (the purple bottle)

As I'm always using a combo of shampoo and conditioner from the same line and same brand, I'm always doing the review for both at the same time. I got 2x 50 ml bottle (1 shampoo, 1 conditioner) in a 5$ travel sample pack from Walmart.

I usually use higher brands for shampoo. I have colored hair with dry ends, and as I'm trying to grow my natural color, the scalp get greasy because it's not colored. This shampoo and conditioner combo is great. The shampoo is really a weird texture, kind of fluffy instead of a silky lotion. I like it. It smells great, lather well and it's easy to lather everywhere on my hair, which is usually hard because my hair is long to my butt. My hair are left clean without being squeaky clean.

The conditioner is really soft, and my hair are left super super soft in the shower after using it.

The packaging is great, I love the color. The smell is good also, a soft smell that doesn't linger once the hair are dry.

When I dry my hair, they are super soft and puffy, and super light! I don't even need to use a straightener most of the time. It's a really good product for the price.

I'll update eventually as I bought 2 big bottle of it, but for now I like it. I just hope that my scalp wont get greasy after using this for a while. Also, after reading all of those review, I'll really pay attention to loosing my hair and hair shed. For now I'm leaving the 4 lippie mark because I like it that much, but i'll update if I see anything changing.

Popular Shampoos