October 31, 2014 | 892 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Hi90girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! I like it!

Pros:
Lengthens a bit
Thickens more
Nice black - brown colour
Doesnt clump
Easy to use
Lightweight brush, so therefore it doesnt clump
Cool packaging
Cheap
Cons:
Flakes a bit
Dries out quickly

But yeah! I really enjoyed this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by NETGEAR

This product doens't give me much volume, but it did make my eyelashes stay curled all day.
Not a fan of the wand, too hard to put mascara on.
Take a long time to get it off, because it's too waterproof.
Another negative is that it's on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Love this gel formula, the brush is cool too. It really does stay on waterproof but it's not too bad to remove. I got mine at Kroger for about USD$6, is easily found at most places like DS that sells Maybelline. I think this is their 2nd best waterproof mascara (after GreatLash!), but the brush being flexible makes it unique & I love how it holds a curl & is really black.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an okay mascara. I needed a waterproof mascara because I go to the pool or the beach a lot. This one doesn't give much volume but it's pretty water resistant. If you touch your eyes after getting wet it will smudge a bit. Not buying again but it'll do for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Maybelline usually is on point with their mascaras, but I don't like this one at all. I purchased it in purple to change it up a bit, but this just doesn't have much pigment, doesn't really lengthen, volumize, or provide any oomph. For the extra work to apply and curl for little effect, I'd rather just get 5 extra minutes of sleep and skip this altogether. This one will probably just get thrown out soon since I never use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupismyjam998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Maybelline mascaras. I'm never too crazy about their wands, which are usually cheaper and more flimsy than other brands. Clumps were at a minimum, but still definitely there, which is to be expected with all mascara. I definitely didn't like the "flex" wand, the mostly just sprung up and got mascara on my eyelid! I found a slight difference from other mascaras, with their claim for plush, non-stiff lashes. They were still relatively stiff, which I guess is required for it not to smudge all over the place. Overall, I don't think I'll be buying again, but it was a decent mascara if you like past Maybelline mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wore this once and i guess it's not a fair review if i only wore it once, but I'd still like to review this mascara before tossing it in the garbage. The performance of this mascara on my lashes was okay, it was nothing special. The gel formula is unique, but when I opened it, it looked as if it was old and it smelled slightly overwhelming. The formula looked extremely thick and made it hard to apply onto my lashes, especially with the flexible applicator that moves around. I didnt mind the flexible applicator or the smell, but the formula was just too thick for my liking. It performs quite like the Maybelline The Colossal WP mascara when it's close to drying out. It clumps quite a bit, provides little to some length and it gave some (not too much) volume. It's nothing special and gives a fairly natural look. This did not smudge on me throughout the day and it holds true to it's waterproof label. (I went in the shower with this and it did not come off at all)

However, it was a little TOO waterproof and it took me a lot of effort just to remove it. I use EVOO and a waterproof Makeup remover and it still doesn't wash off completely. There's still a little remaining when i sleep, and doesn't completely wash off till the next wash.

Better off with the Maybelline the Colossal WP mascara (that one washes off quite easily and performs much better!) :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy the formula of this mascara, it goes on well, doesn't come off throughout the day, doesn't make my lashes too clumpy if I wipe off excess, BUT.. I cannot get this crap off of my eyelashes! It takes a good 3 minutes to get it all off, and that's with waterproof mascara makeup remover. I liked it, but I threw it out because it's definitely not worth damaging my eyes just trying to get it off. I like Maybelline's The Colossal. Works similar, but actually comes off!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by CatherineCarnage

Did not like the bendy brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Angeleee

I bought this mascara after reading great reviews. Boy was I disappointed. The brush is horrible. It does not grap my lashes at all and it moves! IT MOVES! I can't even apply any mascara to my lashes because the bending mechanism thing on the wand does not allow me to use pressure. The formula has the potential to be good, but the brush doesn't allow me to find out. It is waterproof however. I slipped numerous times trying to put the mascara on due to the wand and found that the mascara wouldn't come off with out a hefty amount of remover. I'm not sure if I had a defective wand or what.