Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Waterproof

3.4

on 3/9/2015 3:15:00 AM

This mascara really doesn't do a whole lot. I mean it does lengthen my lashes a little but that's it. Most of all, I can't STAND the wand - it's so flexible it's ridiculous and doesn't do anything except make it more difficult to apply the mascara. I'm glad it's a relatively cheap mascara, cause I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/14/2015 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like the formula but just can't get the brush to work for me. It's so flexible that I have trouble really getting in there and coating my lashes.

on 1/22/2015 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've basically tried almost all the Maybelline mascaras, with the exception of Mega Plush, until now. For the past few years, I've enjoyed really voluminous lashes, but as of lately, I don't really care about how long my lashes look. I just want something to put on them that'll make them look nice, but not dramatic or anything. Mega Plush does just that! It's really natural looking, while still enhancing the lashes. The formula isn't too wet like the Falsies, so it's easy for me to apply. The waterproof formula is great as with the other Maybelline mascaras. Along with the Rocket, I can say that the Mega Plush mascara is one of my favorites out there. If you just want natural, but pretty lashes, this is the one for you!

on 12/13/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I needed a waterproof mascara due to my allergies. I never wore waterproof mascara cuz of the hard time it takes to remove it. I have long blonde lashes that hold a curl well without using a curler. I bought it In black/brown and it looks good with my blue eyes. I think the flexible wand is an interesting concept and I like it. I agree with some it's easy to take out too much mascara when using but I just angle the brush when I'm taking it out. It doesn't clump. I love the wet formula. It volumezes and thickens my lashes very well. This will def be my go to waterproof mascara from now on.

on 11/30/2014 1:30:00 PM

I really love this mascara! I have it in brown/black and this shade is perfect for blue eyes, it doesn't look too dark and overwhelming but still nicely darkens the eyelashes. The brush is so nice and coats every single eyelash, and doesn't clump. The only bad thing I've noticed is that if I put the wand back in to get more product it gets way too much on it and I have to stir it around and remove some of it or it clumps, but its such an amazing mascara that this does not matter whatsoever!

on 10/12/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great product! I like it!

Pros:
Lengthens a bit
Thickens more
Nice black - brown colour
Doesnt clump
Easy to use
Lightweight brush, so therefore it doesnt clump
Cool packaging
Cheap
Cons:
Flakes a bit
Dries out quickly

But yeah! I really enjoyed this product!

on 10/11/2014 8:17:00 AM

This product doens't give me much volume, but it did make my eyelashes stay curled all day.
Not a fan of the wand, too hard to put mascara on.
Take a long time to get it off, because it's too waterproof.
Another negative is that it's on the pricey side.

on 10/8/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this gel formula, the brush is cool too. It really does stay on waterproof but it's not too bad to remove. I got mine at Kroger for about USD$6, is easily found at most places like DS that sells Maybelline. I think this is their 2nd best waterproof mascara (after GreatLash!), but the brush being flexible makes it unique & I love how it holds a curl & is really black.

on 8/8/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an okay mascara. I needed a waterproof mascara because I go to the pool or the beach a lot. This one doesn't give much volume but it's pretty water resistant. If you touch your eyes after getting wet it will smudge a bit. Not buying again but it'll do for now.

on 8/5/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Maybelline usually is on point with their mascaras, but I don't like this one at all. I purchased it in purple to change it up a bit, but this just doesn't have much pigment, doesn't really lengthen, volumize, or provide any oomph. For the extra work to apply and curl for little effect, I'd rather just get 5 extra minutes of sleep and skip this altogether. This one will probably just get thrown out soon since I never use it.