April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Nude Beach (2012)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Why does it have to be only a limited edition? its an amazing colour, with a fantastic longevity, and most importantly I used it up before i realized its LE. shame, hope they will re-promote it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nude Beach is a lovely pinkish-nude-pale beige shadow. It has a slight shimmer, nothing over the top; very wearable even on mature eyelids. I have pale and cool-toned skin so this shade works better as a wash for me than Shore, which was just a little too yellow and dark. I generally just use Nude Beach as a "my-lids-but-better" wash. Looks good with BB's Malted and Stone. Also plays very well with other shadows, including powder (makes an excellent smooth base). Wear time is great and it doesn't crease at all on me. The texture, like all my BB Long-Wear Cream shadows, is a little stiff but I tap it on with my finger, smooth with a concealer brush if needed, and it's fine. I just really wish this wasn't a limited edition shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Nude Beach is a new color added in spring/summer summer 2012 (LE according to the SA). It is very similar to Shore, but with a subtle shimmer (and I do mean subtle). The BB website describes it as a shimmery pink nude...I would say a shimmery beige taupe....but that is me (imagine a touch of shimmer in Essie's np Sand Tropez & you have this shade). I was looking for a neutralizing, easy to wear shadow that would brighten my eye area for summer. I was loving Maybelline Bad to the Bronze, but it was feeling too dark with my summer makeup (I like a clean, bright eye in the summer). Per the SA's suggestion and trying it on, I walked out with Nude Beach over Shore...NB looked more polished. But NB was not the exact look I was looking for...this did not brighten as much as I wanted. However, Nude Beach was so soft, pretty, polished, tasteful, yet far from over done, I had to pick it up. The name of the color describes it well. It has a beigey-almost taupey feel but very, very soft & light. For those of you who always heard how great MAC Patina was, but felt like you couldn't pull it off...try this! It is much lighter/softer...like candlelight. This would also be the perfect shadow to wear with red or bright lips too. It is warmer than Benefit's Birthday Suit which always feels too cool on me for summer. And as I said before, no where near as dark as Maybelline's Bad t the Bronze. The shimmer is a mature soft sheen, not the OTT.

Due to the reviews on here, I may be going back for Malted. It sounds like that may be the "brightening" shade I wanted (NB doesn't brighten so much as enhance). But Nude Beach was a beautiful surprise & LE so I grabbed it first.