October 2, 2014 | 1135 users online

Mascara - Eyeko - Skinny Brush Mascara (Long &Tall)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't really know what to say about this mascara... Some days it works nicely and other days it clumps up my lashes real bad like no other mascara I've tried. And it's quite expensive where I live. I have nothing bad to say about its lengthening effect or the fact that it does not smudge at all. Maybe it's the brush... Because the product is really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by RJDJ54

I really love this mascara, it gives me mega long lashes with one stroke. This is one of my hg mascara's (i have many more mascara's that i really enjoy)
The packaging is great too.

it doesn't smudge. I bought it online because eyeko doesn't sell in the Netherlands.
This is my second mascara and i will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very good mascara. I don't get the poor rating.
Firts and foremost, I love the tube, it is tiny and light, does not take place in your makeup bag especially when you're on the go.
Then, the formula.
You have to love the distinct result it gives, I mean It gives a "triangular" shape, if I can call it like that. The lashes get grouped at the base and go up in a triangle-like shape. Difficult to explain but it colours more the base that the tip of the lashes... that is due to the brush that has a peculiar shape.

I like it because this is a one coat mascara, 2 coats as a maximum! So it is great when you have no time. One coat and your lashes are jet black, long and defined.
It is waterproof and it's guaranteed, lasts forever without smudging or fading. Spectacular!
and the formula is black black and very gentle with sensitive eyes (mine often get stingy with mascaras, especially the Dior ones).
Please be aware of the following, to get the best out of it:

- Never more than 2 coats...(3rd coat and it's clump city!!)
- you need to curl your lashes first (and yes, it will hold the curl!)
- it is a b*tch to remove.:o) So bi-phase remover as usual and after pleanty of hot water... and you'll need to remove the tiny bits with your fingers.
Other than that, this is a top notch mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

It's not bad. I've tried 3 Eyekos now and this is the best for me. I have short, sparse, blonde lashes and this gives lots of length & jet-black colour. Trouble is, it doesn't hold curl from my lash curlers & is clumpy. It's also tricky to get the colour onto your lashes; it seems to take ages to get good coverage. It also flakes into my eyes. It won't last the night if you sleep in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by newmchugh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never felt the need to review a product poorly until I purchased this mascara. On application I found the mascara clumpy and needed to Separate with clean mascara brush. Was willing to get past this but then half way through my evening out for a meal with friends I realised the mascara had left black residue on my eyelids and panda eyes (after about an hours wear). Not a good look!!! Never again, il stick to Lancôme

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for a few weeks now, so I feel confident to write a review about it. I ordered this online via the Eyeko webshop, because my hero Lisa Eldrige used it a few times :). I thought it might be provide a good grip for my short, thin and straight Asian lashes. I was also curious about the eye shield that comes with it.

Pros:
The brush definitely catches all of my lashes, which is great. Even the tiny ones in my outer eye corner and the lower lashes. I don't even have to use my trusted lash primer by Lancome because every lash is covered in mascara, which for me on a workday is good enough. The color is wetblack, which doesn't show up much on my short lashes, but I can imagine if you have long lashes you might see the difference.

Cons:
My lashes do clump together, big time, so I use an old, dry mascara brush to comb through my lashes before the mascara dries. Not a big deal for me, but it might for someone else. Removing the mascara in the evening was more difficult than anticipated, since Eyeko sells this mascara as waterresistant, not waterproof. However the staying power is even better than my other waterproof mascaras (Lancome, Rimmel). So use a remover for waterproof mascaras and of course no rubbing of your eyes! Lastly I found the eyenshield to be completely useless, but thatnmight be my eyeshield-application skills.

I would recommend this product, and at €18 this is a better everyday mascara than Lancome Hypnose, the ONLY other mascara I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by archielester

I had high hopes for this after seeing a demo on television but I was dissapointed when it arrived in the post. I hated the texture which felt thick and tar-like- it just sat clogging my eyelashes to the point where it looked like I had none.

Liked the idea of it much more than the product itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: This review is about the mascara in the Skinny Mini Duo. The full-sized one may be different.

The brush didn't work for me at all.
The bristles form a screw shape, and huge amount of mascara just sit in the groove. The brush does a really poor job of separating lashes. My lashes are particularly sparse and this mascara just clumps them all together.

I don't plan on trying the full-sized one, because the brush looks like it will have the same problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

The MASCARA itself is great, the BRUSH is the problem. I love how its jet black, and lengthens my short lashes pretty well. I hate the brush because it carries way too much product, even after wiping it with tissue. The formula is wet, but it doesn't take forever to dry. Once I get this to work, I am satisfied of how my lashes look. It holds a curl OK. Overall its too much fuss to use this product so I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I really like this mascara. When using this, i don't find the need to put another coat on top or below to get the look i want.

I understand why others are put off this mascara - the formulation is quite wet BUT it gives you the most glossy black lashes you will ever have! It's fantastic at legnthening and volumising though i do imagine that after a little while, it will turn clumpy (But if you abide by the make up rules, you wouldn't really have a tube of mascara for that long anyway...).

The brush is skinny and not fluffy like a traditional brush. It works for me and is thin enough that i can get to my bottom lashes without too much mess :P I also like the tube style - i can place it flat on my vanity without accidentally dropping it on my carpet like i'm prone to doing!