April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Eyeko - Skinny Brush Mascara (Long &Tall)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by newmchugh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never felt the need to review a product poorly until I purchased this mascara. On application I found the mascara clumpy and needed to Separate with clean mascara brush. Was willing to get past this but then half way through my evening out for a meal with friends I realised the mascara had left black residue on my eyelids and panda eyes (after about an hours wear). Not a good look!!! Never again, il stick to Lancôme

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for a few weeks now, so I feel confident to write a review about it. I ordered this online via the Eyeko webshop, because my hero Lisa Eldrige used it a few times :). I thought it might be provide a good grip for my short, thin and straight Asian lashes. I was also curious about the eye shield that comes with it.

Pros:
The brush definitely catches all of my lashes, which is great. Even the tiny ones in my outer eye corner and the lower lashes. I don't even have to use my trusted lash primer by Lancome because every lash is covered in mascara, which for me on a workday is good enough. The color is wetblack, which doesn't show up much on my short lashes, but I can imagine if you have long lashes you might see the difference.

Cons:
My lashes do clump together, big time, so I use an old, dry mascara brush to comb through my lashes before the mascara dries. Not a big deal for me, but it might for someone else. Removing the mascara in the evening was more difficult than anticipated, since Eyeko sells this mascara as waterresistant, not waterproof. However the staying power is even better than my other waterproof mascaras (Lancome, Rimmel). So use a remover for waterproof mascaras and of course no rubbing of your eyes! Lastly I found the eyenshield to be completely useless, but thatnmight be my eyeshield-application skills.

I would recommend this product, and at €18 this is a better everyday mascara than Lancome Hypnose, the ONLY other mascara I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by archielester

I had high hopes for this after seeing a demo on television but I was dissapointed when it arrived in the post. I hated the texture which felt thick and tar-like- it just sat clogging my eyelashes to the point where it looked like I had none.

Liked the idea of it much more than the product itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: This review is about the mascara in the Skinny Mini Duo. The full-sized one may be different.

The brush didn't work for me at all.
The bristles form a screw shape, and huge amount of mascara just sit in the groove. The brush does a really poor job of separating lashes. My lashes are particularly sparse and this mascara just clumps them all together.

I don't plan on trying the full-sized one, because the brush looks like it will have the same problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

The MASCARA itself is great, the BRUSH is the problem. I love how its jet black, and lengthens my short lashes pretty well. I hate the brush because it carries way too much product, even after wiping it with tissue. The formula is wet, but it doesn't take forever to dry. Once I get this to work, I am satisfied of how my lashes look. It holds a curl OK. Overall its too much fuss to use this product so I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I really like this mascara. When using this, i don't find the need to put another coat on top or below to get the look i want.

I understand why others are put off this mascara - the formulation is quite wet BUT it gives you the most glossy black lashes you will ever have! It's fantastic at legnthening and volumising though i do imagine that after a little while, it will turn clumpy (But if you abide by the make up rules, you wouldn't really have a tube of mascara for that long anyway...).

The brush is skinny and not fluffy like a traditional brush. It works for me and is thin enough that i can get to my bottom lashes without too much mess :P I also like the tube style - i can place it flat on my vanity without accidentally dropping it on my carpet like i'm prone to doing!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try this mascara for ages after seeing how fabulous it looks on Youtube gurus (specially MissMavendotcom), but the price always put me off. Then I saw the Skinny Mini Duo (travel-size duo of the mascara and pen liner) and quickly added it to qualify for free shipping. Boy was I excited. And boy was I quickly let down. This mascara does not work for those of us with stick straight lashes unless you want to curl after it's been applied (no good if you want to keep your lashes). It takes the curl right out. If I had naturally long, curly lashes, I think I would love it. The formula is nice and wet, a really glossy intense black, and once it dries, it's on there. No smudging or flaking whatsoever. And I have no issues washing this off with my regular makeup removing cleanser at night. Another con is that it's not great for layering. I'd try to get as much product on in the first coat, because any additional coats leads to clumping and spider lashes. And once it's dry, the lashes are stiff and hard. So it's a disappointing no go for me. I'll stick to my CG and Maybelline mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

Just not my thing. The wet formula plus the strangely bare brush with its wide spaces combined to gloop all my puny Asian lashes together. I can't get it to look good no matter how hard I tried! It also uncurls my lashes straight away.

Not smudgy and lasts all day, but still looks horrible. :c

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this mascara as one of the free samples I received inside my loosebutton luxbox. I so wanted to love this product but sadly I don't. The mascara wand in this product is thin and shaped weird. When applying it the product produces a lot of clumps. The formula is great! It's smudge proof and it doesn't flake. It gives my short lashes length and volume. 2nd Pro about this mascara was the packaging. It's a squeeze tube...so nothing goes to waste... The only problem I really had with this product is the brush (Such a turn off). I also tried searching youtube videos on how to apply this mascara properly, and all the tips and techniques still gave me clumped up lashes. My verdict...this mascara is a bummer! Lol I'd recommend this product to anyone looking for the tarantula/spider legs eye look which i personally think is pretty gross!!! Sorry, Eyeko!but I'd rather be spending my money on some way better drugstore mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara has turned me onto black ones - yes, I know, but I've always used brown or a plum/auburn color (to help bring out my green eyes with minimal effort.) This gives an incredibly natural & glossy look, which I love. The portion is very generous and I love the packaging. To say its long lasting is an understatement. The few times I've tried to layer it its gone clumpy on me, but its not my every day look so I'm not really fussed by this - I'm more of a one coat kind of gal.

However, its a b!tch to remove. Really. I use an oil cleanser every single night, and even with that, I still wake up in the morning with smudges under my eyes. For me this is a deal breaker as I don't want to rub my eyes excessively either at night or in the morning.

So if you live in a humid climate or have trouble with smudging mascara, you will love this for its sheer tenacity of wear. For me, its too much. Pity because the look is divine.