Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara (Long &Tall)

3.1

on 1/4/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best mascaras I've used to date. I have small, average length lashes. I use a eyelash curler always, no matter the mascara and the results when I curl my lashes and apply a coat of this is truly great! I bought this off ASOS,I think it was $19AUD which is good value for us considering drug store mascaras start here at $17! The quality of this maraca is really great but I do think it dried out quickly-ish.. The other downside to this is that it's waterproof and when eyeko say waterproof they MEAN IT'S WATERPROOF! I use bioderma micellar water to remove my eye make up and it has a hard time taking this mascara off. I find warm water does help, even rinsing your eyes before removing this mascara helps with the process. Overall, this is a bloody great mascara and I would recommend it for people with short lashes. I also find it makes my bottom lashes extra extra long!

on 12/30/2014 5:19:00 PM

This stuff is fantastic for bottom lashes. It doesn't smudge, flake, or anything even when it gets wet, though it doesnt say waterproof on the package. Gives a nice doll-like length. Not the best for top lashes, doesn't hold curl too well, but I will repurchase for bottom lashes. The wand is easy to use and the price was great!

on 11/3/2014 10:03:00 PM

Love this mascara! Glides on lashes pretty well didnt leave any clump and stays quite long. I dont like the hassle of curling my lashes & this mascara did a good job lifting and curling them. The effect is really obvious, longer and defined lashes. Love that it's easy to remove too!

on 7/18/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I don't really know what to say about this mascara... Some days it works nicely and other days it clumps up my lashes real bad like no other mascara I've tried. And it's quite expensive where I live. I have nothing bad to say about its lengthening effect or the fact that it does not smudge at all. Maybe it's the brush... Because the product is really great.

on 6/13/2014 9:53:00 AM

I really love this mascara, it gives me mega long lashes with one stroke. This is one of my hg mascara's (i have many more mascara's that i really enjoy)
The packaging is great too.

it doesn't smudge. I bought it online because eyeko doesn't sell in the Netherlands.
This is my second mascara and i will buy again!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a very good mascara. I don't get the poor rating.
Firts and foremost, I love the tube, it is tiny and light, does not take place in your makeup bag especially when you're on the go.
Then, the formula.
You have to love the distinct result it gives, I mean It gives a "triangular" shape, if I can call it like that. The lashes get grouped at the base and go up in a triangle-like shape. Difficult to explain but it colours more the base that the tip of the lashes... that is due to the brush that has a peculiar shape.

I like it because this is a one coat mascara, 2 coats as a maximum! So it is great when you have no time. One coat and your lashes are jet black, long and defined.
It is waterproof and it's guaranteed, lasts forever without smudging or fading. Spectacular!
and the formula is black black and very gentle with sensitive eyes (mine often get stingy with mascaras, especially the Dior ones).
Please be aware of the following, to get the best out of it:

- Never more than 2 coats...(3rd coat and it's clump city!!)
- you need to curl your lashes first (and yes, it will hold the curl!)
- it is a b*tch to remove.:o) So bi-phase remover as usual and after pleanty of hot water... and you'll need to remove the tiny bits with your fingers.
Other than that, this is a top notch mascara

on 5/25/2014 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It's not bad. I've tried 3 Eyekos now and this is the best for me. I have short, sparse, blonde lashes and this gives lots of length & jet-black colour. Trouble is, it doesn't hold curl from my lash curlers & is clumpy. It's also tricky to get the colour onto your lashes; it seems to take ages to get good coverage. It also flakes into my eyes. It won't last the night if you sleep in it.

on 9/28/2013 9:38:00 AM

I have never felt the need to review a product poorly until I purchased this mascara. On application I found the mascara clumpy and needed to Separate with clean mascara brush. Was willing to get past this but then half way through my evening out for a meal with friends I realised the mascara had left black residue on my eyelids and panda eyes (after about an hours wear). Not a good look!!! Never again, il stick to Lancôme

on 7/16/2013 3:09:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for a few weeks now, so I feel confident to write a review about it. I ordered this online via the Eyeko webshop, because my hero Lisa Eldrige used it a few times :). I thought it might be provide a good grip for my short, thin and straight Asian lashes. I was also curious about the eye shield that comes with it.

Pros:
The brush definitely catches all of my lashes, which is great. Even the tiny ones in my outer eye corner and the lower lashes. I don't even have to use my trusted lash primer by Lancome because every lash is covered in mascara, which for me on a workday is good enough. The color is wetblack, which doesn't show up much on my short lashes, but I can imagine if you have long lashes you might see the difference.

Cons:
My lashes do clump together, big time, so I use an old, dry mascara brush to comb through my lashes before the mascara dries. Not a big deal for me, but it might for someone else. Removing the mascara in the evening was more difficult than anticipated, since Eyeko sells this mascara as waterresistant, not waterproof. However the staying power is even better than my other waterproof mascaras (Lancome, Rimmel). So use a remover for waterproof mascaras and of course no rubbing of your eyes! Lastly I found the eyenshield to be completely useless, but thatnmight be my eyeshield-application skills.

I would recommend this product, and at €18 this is a better everyday mascara than Lancome Hypnose, the ONLY other mascara I like.

on 3/9/2013 10:17:00 AM

I had high hopes for this after seeing a demo on television but I was dissapointed when it arrived in the post. I hated the texture which felt thick and tar-like- it just sat clogging my eyelashes to the point where it looked like I had none.

Liked the idea of it much more than the product itself.