September 2, 2014 | 1710 users online

Fragrances - Versace - Yellow Diamond

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Smells amazing. It's made of all the scents I love- pear, orange blossom, bergamot, citron, etc. It's a scent that's not overpowering- it's very light so it can be worn in a professional setting, as well as, formal settings. The only negative is the scent does not last at all. Seems like as soon as I mist it in, it dissipates. Definitely needs to be reapplied throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sharp citrus musk with yellow fruits lurking about. Generic chemical but still wearable. Lasts 3 - 4 hours on me. Overpriced for whats inside.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This is a terrible scent. I cannot identify any scent in particular, which makes it smell a little bit like chemicals. I cannot really speak to the lasting power, because I did not wear this scent for too long. It is not pleasant, does not attract others, and does not make me feel confident. To sum it up, this is a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Andyloo

I really like the versace bright crystal but, my friend wears it. So I wanted to maybe try anothet versace scent, maybe something similar. When the guy at the perfume store sprayed the yellow diamond on the card it smelled amazing! After trying to decide between the yellow diamond and the crystal nior, I finally picked yellow diamond. I was really excited about it, but when I got home and opened the bottle it smelled awful! Nothing like what was sprayed on the card. I realize that perfume reacts differently on everyone's skin so I sprayed it on my wrists anyway. It just got worse and worse, it didn't smell like any singular notes anymore! Just the old, stale musky smell of old lady perfume! Maybe I just got an old bottle or something, I don't know. But for a huge investment of 80 something dollars, it better make me smell like a million bucks! I was furious, will not repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I received a sample vial of Yellow Diamond. When I first sprayed it on, it smelled wonderfully of citrus (which I like) and I actually said, "Wow!". Now, this is when it becomes very strange. In less than 5 minutes the fragrance turned rancid on my skin. It was horrible! The beautiful citrus scent turned into a bitter and metallic smell. What in the world happened?!? I assume it reacted with my chemistry. I was shocked at how bad it became and how fast it did it. This has never occurred with any fragrance I've ever tried. I wonder if all Versace scents do this as I have Crystal Noir on order (having never tried it on my skin) and am now concerned that it might happen again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Fruity floral. Freesia and pear very pronounced, with a spiky wood lurking. Not my thing at all. Seems thin and just a little too much without a smoothing base note to ground it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I received a sample of this from Sephora. I enjoy wearing it simply because it doesn't induce a spliting headache like most fragrances. I'm pretty sensitive to scents and I typically can't wear perfume for this reason. I usually only wear body sprays. However, I love the feeling that I get when wearing perfume. I feel like my wardrobe is complete while wearing one. I would describe this fragrance as energetic, young and cheerful.
Notes:
Citron from Diamante, Pear Sorbet, Neroli, Bergamot, Nymphea, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Mimosa, Amber Wood, Palo Santo, Musk.
I adore anything freesia and amber. I feel comfortable in this fragrance. However, this isn't a statement scent. I wouldn't reach for this on special occasions. This is a slightly valley girl who takes her mom's Volvo out to the mall type of scent. There is nothing sexy, memorable or alluring about this fragrance. I do find that this is very work appropriate. Would I purchase this? Not the full size but I would consider a rollerball to keep on hand.
Overall: 3.4 Rating

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Love this smell. I dont own one but I spray it on my wrist when I came to the mall. And seriously, it lasted all day, even till the next day after I shower. Unbelievable. I'm not good at describing smells but I can definitely say that it's for modern girls, and perfect for night party

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My DH bought me this for my birthday, and I like it. There is a bit of a musky (which translates to unappealing for me) undertone to this, which prevents me from loving it. The staying power is not that good. The bottle is beautiful, and the scent is very lively and fresh. I love it because it reminds me of DH, but I don't know if I would pick this for myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at all. Smells just like D&G Light Blue which I despise. I love Bright Crystal and can't get enough of it but this just reeks and is VERY long lasting - of course.