August 27, 2014 | 902 users online

Deodorants - Secret - Scent Expressions Crystal Clear Gel - All

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got it in the Pasion de Tango one. Alone, it doesn't work as well on me, but it's fair enough, seeing as I sweat a LOT. Under this, I put a Degree deodorant on, then the solid version of this, and after that I use the gel. It takes a while to dry, but it doesn't matter, really, seeing as I smell great all day long afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a deodorant junkie. Weird I know. I've been buying the expensive clinical strength ones, Certain Dry (which burned), and aerosol ones. I picked up the Secret gel one at Walmart on a whim. I'm really glad I did! All those other ones never really worked for me, I wouldn't necessarily sweat, but the odor was still there. I never understood it, especially an hour after I showered. Anyways, I started using the gel and it is like a miracle! It doesn't burn after shaving. I still use an aerosol deo on top, just because I think it gives me more "protection". I got the summerberry one, and it smells okay. You can't really smell any particular scent after it is applied, at least I can't. Will most definitely repurchase! So happy with this deo!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Since trying this line, I'm hooked. My favorite scent is "Mystic Melon." Its scent is fresh and delicate.
The clear gel is perfect! It doesn't feel slimy, greasy, or sticky. It dries quickly after application.
Absolutely love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Octobercutie888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Secret Deodorant i have this kind in Cherry and i love the scent and it protects the entire day through sweat and all not to mention it stays clear. <3 They could lower the price just a little bit that's my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

This never let me down on prom night, when I was sweating like crazy and dancing like I never danced in my whole life. Enough said. I got this in Oh-L-Lavender and the smell lasted from the morning until I took a shower 25 hours later. Pretty amazing. The only thing I dislike is the so small amount you get for the price you pay. I feel like gel doedorant last waaayyy more little time than solid ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by suchaprettygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT. i chose this because i was hoping to get rid of the white balls of deodorant i get with normal deodorant and it worked. love this stuff. works. works. works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging:
Scent Expression Gel comes in a standard plastic container with a twist mechanism at the bottom to dispense the product, Plastic is clear and tinted blue to allow you to see its contents. There's 2-3 dozen holes at the opening and one click/twist of the dial pushes out enough product for one underarm. The dial can be turned backwards if you dispense too much and it does a good job of sucking back in most of the product. The lid is easy enough to remove but feels secure enough for travel, but the lid can get a bit mucky sometimes and if you aren't careful the piece of plastic through which product comes out can get stuck to the inside of the cap - I've had this happen once now. The shape of the plastic is rounded and smooth and glides nicely over the skin without tugging, itching, pulling, or causing any other general irritation. Upon purchase the dial has to be turned numerous times before product starts coming out, after that one or two turns is sufficient each time.

Formula:
This is a gel formula, meaning it comes out as a gel and dries clear over the skin. It's somewhat thick and cool but still feels quite liquidy, and is easy to spread over the skin. It dries a bit sticky sometimes, but usually it dries without leaving any noticeable film or layer. The formula is completely clear. The scents are pretty strong, some of them being more artificial than others, but I enjoy all of the one's I've tried so far. My favourites are the pear and vanilla scents.

Performance:
Antiperspirants and deodorants are very much about body chemistry, so results are very YMMV. The Scent Expressions line (I've also tried the solid version, which I feel possibly works a bit better but I do prefer the gel) is the only one I've tried so far that doesn't change scent on me or start making me sweat during the day. I cannot attest to how powerful its antiperspirant action is because I use Certain Dri, but when I slack off on that my underarms are usually still good for at least a few weeks post-Certain Dri before they start getting a bit sweaty. Compared to using nothing at all it definitely helps with body odour and sweat though. The fragrance lasts all day for me without reapplication. One downside is that it can dry out the skin a bit, but usually only with overpaplication. Since it's a gel it can also take a while to dry, although compared to a paste once you've given it time to set it actually does dry. If wiped over the skin without working it into the skin it will take a while to dry, so massaging it in or continuing to wipe the packaging over the skin until it has dried will provide faster dry-time. I rarely experience white marks from this, and there's no staining of any kind while I use this - with paste products I'd always have residue. I also do not experience (at least rarely) a change in the consistency of the formula while wearing it - if sweating or hot it will not start melting and smearing.

Bang for your Buck:
This line averages for about $4.00CAD for a 48g container. It's a good price, although I assume that pastes might have a bit more product and might last longer. I have no issues repurchasing regularly, I'm not really sure how often I repurchase because I enjoy having multiple scents at hand.

Final Thoughts:
I realized tonight that I've been using this line since 2010. At that time I just liked it, but two years later I consider it a staple product for me. There are a few things about it I would change but formula-wise it really is the best I've found when used in conjunction with Certain Dri.
* Overall Rating: 4.5/5