August 21, 2014 | 1734 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Sail La Vie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

To be honest, I bought this lipstick because it looked good compared to the "Hey Sailor" lack of colour. The packaging is really nice and the picture advertising it also looked very nice. However, it is TOO bright. I put it on on a Summer night and it was that type of "on your face" red lipstick. I'm more into sheer or muted reds and this one screams really loud. I know this is a limited edition but I wouldn't repurchase anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by latoniajeanette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is a very orange red. its not coral at all on my nc44 skin If your into bright l/s its a ok choice. its turns into a nice color when topped with a coral lipgloss. the collection has it paired it with rivera lipglass. too much red for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

love the packaging of the new Hey sailor! collection!!!! it's down right adorable!!!!

but now to the actual lipstick. I feel I got tricked into buying this to be honest. when I tried it on in the store I had applied it rather thickly and it was blood ORANGE!!!! this caused three of the SA to approach me and complement the colour heavily.

I'm a NW15 with pink warm undertones so orange generally suits me and the texture of the lipstick is rather nice. it says satin but gives a more matted finish without being too dry. applied heavily it's really loud and eyecatching but never clownish like some other bold colours tend to be so I now wear it for occasions only.

I would not buy this again as I'm not getting much use out of it as it is. but for special occasions it makes a lovely colour for the summer. be sure to try it out first before purchasing as I've noticed it looked better on me when I tan a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging grew on me. It's quite cute. The color's kind of an orange-red. It's buildable. When I apply it sheer, it's more red than orange. I felt that the orange-red was a really nice, loud without being obnoxious summer color.

I prefer the amplied finish, but satin's not terrible. It's not as dry as Ruby Woo. I think it lasted 3-4 hours on me.

I wouldn't buy this again, mostly because I have too many red lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Ragw33d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is so lovely, I can tell right away that it'll be my favorite for summer. How orange it is depends on how much you apply and your skintone, how ever I think almost everyone can pull it off. Applied lightly over balm its a bright happy tangerine, applied heavily its sort of a blood orange color. And don't even get me started on how cute the packaging is! It makes me wish all of MACs collections got their own pretty packaging.