October 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Moisturizers - Physicians Formula - Aging Dark Spot Corrector & Skin Brightener

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Physicians Formula Aging Dark Spot Corrector & Skin Brightener to do just thatócorrect dark spots & brighten my skin. Since I was 13 or 14, I've suffered from acne & it awkwardly leaves me with dark marks & scars. Being a fan of & trusting the Physicians Formula brand, I gave this corrector a try. The skin concern is aging but I'm just barely into my twenties, so "looking 6 years younger in 4 weeks" isn't what I'm interested in. Aside from the benefits of correcting dark marks, the other things that attracted me were the fact that this product is hypoallergenic & 100% fragrance & paraben free. To those of you concerned about it, this product is not fragrance free; it smells like wine. It doesn't smell bad, but there is a smell & I know that matters to some people. Anyhow, this corrector costs $22 at Walgreens & unfortunately, that's probably what'll keep me from buying it again.

What I do is apply this at nighttime after I wash my face before I go to bed. I simply a small amount onto my fingertip & target the areas of my face where I have uneven skin tone. I don't apply it all over my face. The areas of my face where the cream is applied isn't left greasy or oilier than my skin already is.

Some people saw no noticeable results, which I can understand. While this did work for me, it took much longer than I'd hoped. I didn't see results in a week like some others did. It took me almost a month before I saw an obvious difference in my skin. Coincidently, another reviewer wrote: "I use once a day at night & it seems to work great." I'm not sure if it's my skin or if it's my routine (I don't use this day & night), but I took significantly longer than others to see results. If you have acne &/or sunspots, I recommend this corrector. Beware: you could see results in a week or you could go through an entire bottle before you see anything haha

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a dark spot corrector, as I often seem to be, and I found this at Wal-mart with a sale price of $15.00. I had never seen it before, so I was curious, and after checking the original price I realized it was $10.00 off...So I bought it. So the original price is $25.00 and that sort of breaks my heart because I know I want to repurchase it, and soon.

I have lots of dark spots, lots of acne scars, just general things I would like to fade, and I found this works surprisingly well. My skin really DID look brighter the next morning after I used it. I find it leaves me a little oily in the morning, after using it over night, and I avoid it on my forehead just because I don't need anymore oil there. In any case, I love how it moisturizes and fades, brightens and lightens and everything just looks better. I will repurchase, althoguh I find I have to use too much product so it is going quite quickly. But it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by yellow2825

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Physicians Formula Dark Spot Corrector and Skin Brightener
This really works. It takes a long time on really deep, dark age spots, but their development is arrested and slowly reversed. I rub it into the age spots on top of my hands and they are disappearing. You have to be patient and persistent in applying it, then use high SPF sunscreen to protect the skin. The sunscreen is as important as the spot corrector. One outing without sunscreen and you're nearly back where you started. This is not a moisturizer. I use it twice a day under a moisturizer.
At 55, I have a variety of brown spots, discoloration, scars and freckles on my face, but this makes a visible difference on them and my skin is brighter. Another self-contained product in a useless box, so 1 for packaging. Nice little pump - substantial; not flimsy. Not cheap, but I used a coupon on top of a sale price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

I suffered from bad acne when i was a teenager, I am now 21 and am left with lots of dark spots! i came across this at ulta, it is a little pricey but i thought "why not". I use it twice a day, for about 2 months now, I have noticed a big difference, the less dark have completely vanished! and the more pigmented ones are fading significantly! i would have never thought i would be this happy with my skin again!

Pros:
does what is claims
Pump bottle
works as a great primer
easy to add to your daily/nightly routine

Cons:
smells kinda like wine (but goes away almost right away)
A little Pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this about two months ago using some combination of CVS extra care bucks offers and coupons. I had never known PF to have a skin care line only make up so I thought I would try it and wanted to get something I needed and would use. I was not expecting much. Well, I do not even know when they faded because I wasn't really expecting it, but I used this twice a day for the last two months and just this week I noticed the brown spots from 3 previous breakouts (really visible on my otherwise clear skin) were at least 96% faded and one was completely gone! Now I did use this in combination with Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer SPF 30 during the day, but things did not seem to change until I added PF. I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

About 6 weeks ago, the coupon printer at CVS gave me a $15 off coupon for any Physician's Formula skin care. I purchased 3 products, which were ridiculously on sale-I think I got the eye gel, the night cream (both blue) and the Dark Spot/Skin brightener for $5 to $8 each. I thought it was a mistake, too. For me, this doesn't work. The bottle states Formula Rx 123, and lists phytonutrient & soy something, some sort of algae extract, pea peptide blend, and bella perennis flower extract. It smells sharp like acid, and I feel a momentary tingle. Other than that, nothing. I have two pale brown spots, both pregnancy induced, and neither are lightened at all after using 2 X d. So, if this works as a serum for you, good! But at $20, for me, it's useless. I worked for a plastic surgeon, and his advice still holds true-if it doesn't contain a good concentration of hydroquinone (at least 2%), just forget about it. I do agree with a previous reviewer that it might be an OK microexfoliator. Gets a big fat "whatever" from me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Eh, it's ok. I purchased this a little over a month ago and have been using it in the a.m. and the p.m. since then. I use it as a moisturizer as well. I found this rather pricey for a drugstore buy. I had a coupon and it was on sale, but I still think it was around $15.00.
Pros:
- Has not broken me out.
- I like the pump bottle. Very easy to get just the amount I want.

Cons:
- I see absolutely no difference in my skin.
- It has a weird "cake" smell. It sort of bothers me when I first put it on. Thank God it fades quickly.

The first 'Con' is why I won't buy again. I think I'm spoiled by Clarin's who have a similar product that really does well with my skin. The problem is, it's very pricey and right now I'm trying to cut back. Therefore, I'm on the search for something I can use that's not so expensive. This isn't it. Am still searching....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by greendiet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does smell a little, but the smell goes away quickly. I haven't used it long enough to be able to tell if it lightens dark spots, but it's great as a primer. It seems to act like a liquid exfoliator (sans grittiness) that dissolves the small dry patches of flaky skin I get. My skin feels incredibly smooth after it dries and I think it looks brighter. I really like this product and would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Jessieq

The bottle is very cheap, the pump broke immediately after I open the package. Actually, most of their packages are not that good. They look good, but they broke very easy. I tried a lot of their products, because I got them with very low price. I used one bottle of this lotion, but not sure it works or not.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by CherylJMD

I purchased this item because there was a really good sale going on and I generally like all of Physicians Formula cosmetics. I was really disappointed in the packaging (cheap plastic) and the smell is awful. The only way I could describe it is that it smells like wine. Unfortunately for me, the smell is enough to keep me from keeping it and using it. I will be returning it to the store in the morning. I am glad the other reviewer commented on the smell because I thought that I had purchased something that had gone bad.