April 19, 2014 | 1898 users online

Moisturizers - Physicians Formula - dark spot corrector & skin brightener

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a dark spot corrector, as I often seem to be, and I found this at Wal-mart with a sale price of $15.00. I had never seen it before, so I was curious, and after checking the original price I realized it was $10.00 off...So I bought it. So the original price is $25.00 and that sort of breaks my heart because I know I want to repurchase it, and soon.

I have lots of dark spots, lots of acne scars, just general things I would like to fade, and I found this works surprisingly well. My skin really DID look brighter the next morning after I used it. I find it leaves me a little oily in the morning, after using it over night, and I avoid it on my forehead just because I don't need anymore oil there. In any case, I love how it moisturizes and fades, brightens and lightens and everything just looks better. I will repurchase, althoguh I find I have to use too much product so it is going quite quickly. But it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by yellow2825

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Physicians Formula Dark Spot Corrector and Skin Brightener
This really works. It takes a long time on really deep, dark age spots, but their development is arrested and slowly reversed. I rub it into the age spots on top of my hands and they are disappearing. You have to be patient and persistent in applying it, then use high SPF sunscreen to protect the skin. The sunscreen is as important as the spot corrector. One outing without sunscreen and you're nearly back where you started. This is not a moisturizer. I use it twice a day under a moisturizer.
At 55, I have a variety of brown spots, discoloration, scars and freckles on my face, but this makes a visible difference on them and my skin is brighter. Another self-contained product in a useless box, so 1 for packaging. Nice little pump - substantial; not flimsy. Not cheap, but I used a coupon on top of a sale price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

I suffered from bad acne when i was a teenager, I am now 21 and am left with lots of dark spots! i came across this at ulta, it is a little pricey but i thought "why not". I use it twice a day, for about 2 months now, I have noticed a big difference, the less dark have completely vanished! and the more pigmented ones are fading significantly! i would have never thought i would be this happy with my skin again!

Pros:
does what is claims
Pump bottle
works as a great primer
easy to add to your daily/nightly routine

Cons:
smells kinda like wine (but goes away almost right away)
A little Pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this about two months ago using some combination of CVS extra care bucks offers and coupons. I had never known PF to have a skin care line only make up so I thought I would try it and wanted to get something I needed and would use. I was not expecting much. Well, I do not even know when they faded because I wasn't really expecting it, but I used this twice a day for the last two months and just this week I noticed the brown spots from 3 previous breakouts (really visible on my otherwise clear skin) were at least 96% faded and one was completely gone! Now I did use this in combination with Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer SPF 30 during the day, but things did not seem to change until I added PF. I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

About 6 weeks ago, the coupon printer at CVS gave me a $15 off coupon for any Physician's Formula skin care. I purchased 3 products, which were ridiculously on sale-I think I got the eye gel, the night cream (both blue) and the Dark Spot/Skin brightener for $5 to $8 each. I thought it was a mistake, too. For me, this doesn't work. The bottle states Formula Rx 123, and lists phytonutrient & soy something, some sort of algae extract, pea peptide blend, and bella perennis flower extract. It smells sharp like acid, and I feel a momentary tingle. Other than that, nothing. I have two pale brown spots, both pregnancy induced, and neither are lightened at all after using 2 X d. So, if this works as a serum for you, good! But at $20, for me, it's useless. I worked for a plastic surgeon, and his advice still holds true-if it doesn't contain a good concentration of hydroquinone (at least 2%), just forget about it. I do agree with a previous reviewer that it might be an OK microexfoliator. Gets a big fat "whatever" from me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Eh, it's ok. I purchased this a little over a month ago and have been using it in the a.m. and the p.m. since then. I use it as a moisturizer as well. I found this rather pricey for a drugstore buy. I had a coupon and it was on sale, but I still think it was around $15.00.
Pros:
- Has not broken me out.
- I like the pump bottle. Very easy to get just the amount I want.

Cons:
- I see absolutely no difference in my skin.
- It has a weird "cake" smell. It sort of bothers me when I first put it on. Thank God it fades quickly.

The first 'Con' is why I won't buy again. I think I'm spoiled by Clarin's who have a similar product that really does well with my skin. The problem is, it's very pricey and right now I'm trying to cut back. Therefore, I'm on the search for something I can use that's not so expensive. This isn't it. Am still searching....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by greendiet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does smell a little, but the smell goes away quickly. I haven't used it long enough to be able to tell if it lightens dark spots, but it's great as a primer. It seems to act like a liquid exfoliator (sans grittiness) that dissolves the small dry patches of flaky skin I get. My skin feels incredibly smooth after it dries and I think it looks brighter. I really like this product and would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Jessieq

The bottle is very cheap, the pump broke immediately after I open the package. Actually, most of their packages are not that good. They look good, but they broke very easy. I tried a lot of their products, because I got them with very low price. I used one bottle of this lotion, but not sure it works or not.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by CherylJMD

I purchased this item because there was a really good sale going on and I generally like all of Physicians Formula cosmetics. I was really disappointed in the packaging (cheap plastic) and the smell is awful. The only way I could describe it is that it smells like wine. Unfortunately for me, the smell is enough to keep me from keeping it and using it. I will be returning it to the store in the morning. I am glad the other reviewer commented on the smell because I thought that I had purchased something that had gone bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and have suffered from acne in my teenage years. What I have left behind are dark spots and acne scars. Now that I'm in my 30's, I'm trying to be more vigilant about my skin care. I went to wal-mart and ended up purchasing PF dark spot corrector and skin brightener. I've been using this morning and night for a week and I noticed a huge difference in the way my skin looks. It looks brighter, some of the dark spots on the side of my face have gotten lighter. My husband even noticed a difference which is something he never does. I stopped using skin illuminators and highlighters because my skin looks like it's glowing all day after I apply this in the morning. I also use it under my eyes and have noticed a brighter effect there too. I bought Benefit's eye brightener for $32 and used it for a month and never noticed a difference. Physicians Formula gave me results in a week that are noticeable and I paid 13 bucks for it. The only thing that stopped me from giving this 5 stars is the smell. It actually stinks but if you can withstand the smell for a few minutes (it does go away) you'll see results after a week of using it twice a day.