October 31, 2014 | 893 users online

Eyes - Trish McEvoy - Finish Line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As always, not sure whether to give this a 4 or 5:
happy medium between using water, better than Visine, and not as strong as other more "waterproofing" fluids.
+doesn't destroy my brushes
+doesn't destroy my eye shadow pan
+no fall out like with water
+long wearing
+doesn't ruin my contacts

Great amount and I could see this lasting a long time. I use this without a primer or eyeshadow and I use an oil on my lids, so I'm not the best judge of longwearing.

Absolute must and I'm very happy to have discovered this. Happy medium between pencil, gel and powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are some m/u products that have changed how I used m/u and make me wonder how I lived without them. This is one of those products.

See, I had used water and Visine to wet e/s before and found that they did indeed help make e/s work better as e/l. I'd also tried using water and Visine to apply a few fallout-heavy shadows (like a few ultra-glittery UD shadows and LM Sequin e/s), but never got great results.

Then I tried Finish Line. Not only did it make my e/s-turned-e/l more intense, but I tried it with some of those problematic shadows (not using them as liner, mind you) and VOILA! My LM Sequin shadows and glittery UD shadows looked amazing with no fallout. Finish Line made them last longer and didn't cause any glittery messy fallout. My liner can make it through an entire workday with this.

I love the eyedropper--it makes application easy and sanitary. I don't use too much product. The bottle isn't big, but a little goes a long way. 1-2 drops is all I need to wet my brush, whether I'm using an e/l brush or medium e/s brush.

Yes, it's expensive at $24 for .3 oz, but this stuff works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loving this, I have so many eyeliner options now that I own this product. Like previous reviewers, I put a drop on the back of my hand, dip my eyeliner brush into it, tap out excess and then swipe it onto an eyeshadow or Trish eye definer. I have oily lids and it's a nice, long-lasting, grease-proof, transfer-proof line. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by DaisyLondon

Love this stuff.

I don't really wear eye make up very often so I probably don't have great technique, but it's pretty much mistake proof.

I just stick a drop or two on the back of my hand, put a brush in it, dip it into a definer and I can do a perfect line.

Not sure why the negative reviews, perhaps it's expensive compared to water?? It makes your eye make up go on and last much better though and I've had my bottle for far longer than I'd like to admit but it's not even a quarter used. Also fits nicely in my planner which a tap doesn't :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazed by the negative reviews! I'm on my 2nd bottle & use this every day of the week with cake liners as well as shadows & it works perfectly with everything. Gives you a beautifully-lined eye and the line stays put until you take it off. What more can you ask for? Some people say it's so messy to use. Huh? How are you using it? Here's how you're *supposed* to use it: put 1 or 2 drops of it on the clean lid of a tiny plastic jar (of any sort); dip your lining brush in it, then swipe the brush over your cake liner or shadow & apply to eyes. Done.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by stella22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use Finish Line with many different colors for new liner looks each day! The bottle last forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised to see so many bad reviews of this product because I don't plan to ever be without it again. It's awesome to be able to mix it with absolutely any of my eye shadows and get lovely colors of eye liner. It's a very unique product in that way. It makes a smooth, clean line provided you use the right angle brush (I use a Mac one). Maybe that's why some people weren't impressed by this product - they were probably using a crappy brush. But this is a solid product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Bobbalina

Big disappointment. I bought it based on these reviews, but this hasn't worked for me at all. maybe it converts CERTAIN brands of eye shadow, but it did not work for my Nars, bobbi brown and laura mercier.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite disappointed by this powder-to-liquid converter. I'm a fan of Too Faced Liquif-eye but am not fond of its felt applicator, so I thought I would love this which seemed to be the same product with a terrific dropper applicator. Unfortunately this just didn't compare to TF or Duwop's Payoff Intensifier. Ah well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is excellent!! i have very oily eyelids and even the most durable, waterproof eyepencil sometimes smudges on me, but finish line has alleviated that problem. something that ive found to work well is to apply a bit to mac eyeliner brush and then squeeze the excess out of the bristles so the brush is just damp before i place it in the desired eyeshadow and apply. without doing that, sometimes the line is to thick and undefined and the color is too sheer. the only reason i gave it a lower rating for packaging is because i tipped it over once and it went EVERYWHERE! lol