July 29, 2014 | 1940 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Confidently Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

This is supposed to be the new Cleanse and Mense. My sister with oily hair tried it- and it did not help at all.
Then I tried this shampoo and it left a burning feeling on my scalp! It was horrible!! After using it twice my scalp had pink irritation. I wonder if this is more like a cleanser than a regular shampoo?
I would NOT purchase this ever again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a big fan of Aussie products in high school (for a year or so, I used a shampoo and conditioner set that was especially for shiny hair--Miracle Shine, I believe--and it was amazing at the time), so I couldn't wait to try the Confidently Clean shampoo and conditioner after a friend's recommendation. I have a stacked bob haircut, and while my ends are dry from overprocessing, I have always had naturally oily hair. I can get away with having maybe 12 hours of great looking hair, but then it's time to either wash it again or use dry shampoo the next morning. I bought this because a friend who has the same issues claimed this was a gentle clarifying shampoo that made her hair feel incredibly clean and bouncy, without stripping it like most clarifying shampoos do. There are several things I love about this shampoo. For one, I love the scent. It is the same as many of the Aussie products; a lightweight, natural citrus scent, and it lingers on your hair long after washing it. It is also really energizing when used in your morning shower. Additionally, I'm kind of a sucker for packaging, and I love the purple bottles. But this is as far as my love for this product goes. After using this shampoo, my hair always feels really soft, well-cleansed, and bouncy--but by the end of the day (after using a flat iron on my freshly washed hair that morning), it looks as if I haven't washed it in DAYS. And I mean DAYS. So with that, I'll probably give this shampoo to my sister, and then it's back to my beloved Suave Damage Care.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by michellemonique

I have fine dry hair and I've never been able to find a shampoo that made my hair shiny and bouncy. My entire life it's been stringy, dull looking, and weighed down until I used this. This is the only review I've written because it's the only product that is worth it. I've tried sulfate free, natural shampoos and those just dry out my hair more. I use this with Aussie's 3 minute miracle conditioner. I hope this never gets discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Hair: fine, shoulder length, letting color grow out, oily at roots dry at ends.
This is the first sulfate shampoo I purchased in a long time. I had a coupon and it was on sale so I got shampoo and conditioner for $3. I don't even know why I bought it. I saw it on the store shelf, remembered my sister and her best friend using Aussie when they were teenagers (20+ years ago) and always having purfect hair. Well I should have know cheap shampoo delivers cheap results. I used the shampoo one time and my hair totally dried out! It looked horrible and stringy all day. Maybe my hair isn't used to the sulfates. Too afraid to try it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I have long, fine, bleached hair with very oily roots and damaged ends. I'm super picky with shampoos and conditioners because it can be difficult to find products that clean my hair well without stripping it, and that keep it looking shiny and healthy without weighing it down. I had sworn off Aussie for a while because years ago I found their products to do next to nothing for my hair. However, they have come out with new products and reformulated some things, so I decided to give them a shot again.
This is a pretty solid shampoo for my hair type. It cleans my hair very well and keeps it pretty much grease-free for about a day. I do still have to shampoo daily, though. It makes my hair soft and healthy-looking, and I really enjoy the fruity scent.
I bought the jumbo bottle that claims to last up to 100 uses for around $5, and it has lasted me several months, though I don't use this daily. I really like the pump dispenser, because I hate trying to squeeze out products with wet, slippery hands. Two pumps usually covers my long hair. This lathers pretty well, however the formula feels pretty thin and a little watery, and sometimes it just slips right out of my hands/hair and I have to pump some more out. It rinses well without leaving any heavy residue behind. My boyfriend also uses this whenever he comes over and he has no complaints about it.
This isn't a miracle shampoo, but I do really like it and I would repurchase, especially if I'm ever really low on cash. Like I said, I don't use this daily because I like to use shampoos for colored hair, purple shampoo, and more clarifying shampoos as well, but this gives me what I need at a super low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by lnb4563

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: My hair is medium-brown, usually long, and rather thin, but I have a lot of it. Due to heat exposure and the fact that it's long, my hair is prone to split ends. All this considered, my hair is pretty healthy. It's never been colored and, in truth, I don't do much to it. The roots are oily and the ends are rather dry. The same day I take a shower, my hair is perfectly fine. No oil. By the time I wake up the next morning, it looks like I haven't washed my hair in days. Gross, but true. So I usually wash my hair daily to avoid the grease.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I got one of those huge pump bottles that contains, like, 30 oz. It cost about $5-6 USD at Target. I wanted a smaller bottle, but for some reason I've never been able to find smaller Aussie bottles around here. Some Aussie collections, like Moist and Aussome Volume, I can find at any drugstore around here. Others, like Cleanse and Mend, I could only find at Wal-Mart. However, since this replaced the Cleanse and Mend I've been able to find it other places, such as Walgreens and Target.
PACKAGING: As mentioned, I bought the huge pump bottle. The bottle is the traditional Aussie purple. The packaging is sturdy. I've never had trouble with it falling over when I accidentally bump it or stuff like that. Water hasn't managed to seep inside. The only complaint I really have is the bulkiness of it. Since I rarely travel it's not an issue. But if I did travel a lot, I could see where it would be annoying.
PERFORMANCE: The smell is divine! Tropical and citrusy, but not overly so. The shampoo is an opalescent white. It's not too thick nor too thin. Due to the presence of sulfates, it lathers well. I focus washing on my roots and let it set for a moment while I shave or whatever. It washes out clean with no residue left behind. However, I wasn't so much worried about its performance the day of washing as I was about the next day. I woke up the next day with an oily scalp, but not as oily as usual. I could almost go out in public without a shower first. Almost.
SUMMARY: It gets my hair cleaner than most shampoos seem to do! However, it doesn't eliminate my need for a daily hair wash.
REBUY?: I would rebuy.
(PS) For those wondering, I compared the ingredients and unless I overlooked something, the ingredients in Confidently Clean match the ingredients in Cleanse and Mend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Tulip211

I found this sitting by itself on the shelf at CVS. I couldn't find any accompanying product to this line, but it is amazing!

The smell is mouthwatering tropical, citrus fruits, and it left my hair shiny, soft, and bouncy! I will be searching the internet for more!