Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil

4.4

cyclopentasiloxane, mica, synthetic beeswax, cera microcristallina (microcrystalline wax), trimethylsiloxysilicate, myristyl lactate, silica, c30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, myristyl alcohol, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, magnesium silicate, glyceryl oleate, citric acid, may contain: ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77891 (titanium dioxide).

on 7/28/2015 8:39:00 PM

Very very nice. Smooth application. I used to use them solely back then but now I started putting on the top coat of Essence waterproof liquid eyeliner on it to make eye makeup look more vivid and rich in color.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Eventually I ll get more colors. Last yr I got a turquoise one. Yesterday I bought "Cool Down" which is a really nice blue shade. Ever since Cover Girl discontinued "Indigo" I've tried to find a replacement and this Essence one's really close. No complaints at all. Glides on perfectly and lasts hours. Love it!

on 3/27/2015 2:16:00 AM

There was a sale at Priceline, 30% off and I was like might as well try this out since it's so cheap. I am definitely satisfied with the product, it does the job and glides on my lids smoothly and for a decent price too. It's good for smudging but does still on your upper lids a bit, however not bad of an eyeliner.

on 3/11/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This eyeliner is AMAZING. Its cheap but it glides on SO SMOOTHLY. It has a thin tip so you can create a thin line or thicken it up.. whatever you want.. it's also long lasting. Way smoother than MAC eyeliner and less smudgey than the urban decay one (it also lets you make a thinner line). Love it!

on 2/26/2015 8:22:00 AM

this eyeliner won't change your life, but it's pretty good.

i bought this for like $AUD2.50 at big w and considering the price, i'm pretty pleased! it applies well and smudges well too (but i wouldn't bother trying a cat's eye or anything like that), and looks great immediately after application. i've only ever used it for everyday makeup, nothing too fancy, and it does the trick.

one application definitely won't last you the day though! i have a black, a dark brown and a silver, and they only last a few hours on the bottom lid and half the day on the top if i've smudged it. you may also get a little bit of unintended smudge in your eye creases if you're not careful.

however, if you're trying to save your pennies and don't mind the thought of occasional reapplication, go for it!

pros:
hella cheap
easy application
looks great immediately after you put it on

cons:
will fade throughout the day
tiny bit of residue

on 2/4/2015 3:24:00 PM

This eyeliner is brilliant for the price. It cost 1.50 and performs really well. I tried it on my upper lash line on the lid and the waterline and it stayed put all day. My eyelids can get quite oily but this didn't budge. I only bought it in black but now that I've tried it, I will definitely stock up. They're pigmented and long lasting so highly recommend. The black is a true black too :).

on 1/18/2015 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am a bit bummed that this didn't work for me. It is so cheap and it works so well for my sister. It applies smoothly and sets quickly so if you want to smudge it out you need to be pretty quick. I have this in 02 hot chocolate a dark brown shade. I just could not get this to stay on me, I would apply it on my upper lid and it would always smudge down to my lower lash line/eyelid. I could not get it to stay even with primer and powder/eyeshadow. I am prone to this though. I am not even that oily but my eye shape makes it difficult to wear eyeliner and mascara without smudging. If you are like me you may want to give it a miss.

on 11/11/2014 4:21:00 PM

I bought it because it was cheap, or so I thought. I purchased the colour 18 Berry Merry. I've worn it all up 1/2 dozen times and it's all gone. The pencil broke easily despite me being super careful only to wind the bare minimum out. I used it once for water lining and never again as it fell, it irritated and my eyes reacted terribly. It appears cheap and good value but when I add the price to the very few wears it actually gave me it's a very expensive product for what it is. I will not be repurchasing any of these pencils.

on 10/26/2014 9:30:00 AM

This was 3$ I believe, tell me if I'm wrong, and I love these. I have 19 hot scorch and my sister has go black and both are extremely long wearing and I would highly recommend. Must haves!

on 8/15/2014 2:15:00 AM

Oh my god. I bought these in green, blue and purple for real cheap, because I like to use coloured eyeliners. I didn't expect much from it. I thought it would fade in a couple of hours or so. Plus, I have slightly hooded lids, so lining my upper lashline with any pencil/crayon eyeliner will ensure transfer to the upper lid in a very short while. Guess what? This seriously proved me wrong. They have amazing colours, doesn't transfer OR fade! It lasts a VERY long time, and resisted some sweat and the humidity and temperature outside! Only downside is it isn't as pigmented as it could have been, and sometimes requires going over the line a couple of times for the colour to truly show. The thickness of the line made is easily controlled which is fantastic, too. They are packaged according to the colour inside (which is quite accurate), so makes for easy locating and if you don't have testers in the store it's not a big deal. Most of them don't have shimmer while some have a minute amount, which I don't mind at all. I really want to buy every colour they sell now, especially the bronze! This is truly fantastic value for the price.

Top Rated Essence Products