October 30, 2014 | 1682 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Long Lasting Eye Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was 3$ I believe, tell me if I'm wrong, and I love these. I have 19 hot scorch and my sister has go black and both are extremely long wearing and I would highly recommend. Must haves!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by anishayunus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my god. I bought these in green, blue and purple for real cheap, because I like to use coloured eyeliners. I didn't expect much from it. I thought it would fade in a couple of hours or so. Plus, I have slightly hooded lids, so lining my upper lashline with any pencil/crayon eyeliner will ensure transfer to the upper lid in a very short while. Guess what? This seriously proved me wrong. They have amazing colours, doesn't transfer OR fade! It lasts a VERY long time, and resisted some sweat and the humidity and temperature outside! Only downside is it isn't as pigmented as it could have been, and sometimes requires going over the line a couple of times for the colour to truly show. The thickness of the line made is easily controlled which is fantastic, too. They are packaged according to the colour inside (which is quite accurate), so makes for easy locating and if you don't have testers in the store it's not a big deal. Most of them don't have shimmer while some have a minute amount, which I don't mind at all. I really want to buy every colour they sell now, especially the bronze! This is truly fantastic value for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I am incredibly impressed with the pigmentation on this! It is very, very black and only cost me $2.50! I generally use this to line my waterline.

I do think it is VERY long wearing for a pencil liner (NOTE: it is not waterproof and it is a pencil...when you consider that, this is quite an impressive product!)

My only con is that the tip can break off rather easily, but hey, that's what happens when a super smooth & creamy eyeliner is applied by a rube like myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by cindygl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! I use the gold/bronze colours on my lower lash lines for a subtle pop. However I can't seem to find the gold shade anywhere anymore (can't remember their shade names), so I'm settling for the bronze. It doesn't smudge or anything on my lower lash line, it lasts and looks perfect at the end of a long a day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Saiuri5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product to bits! It is affordable and lasts forever! In South Africa, it used to retail for like R20 but recently, the price has been raised to R23(around $2). I really don't mind repurchasing this product because I am certain that it works wonders! It does last for a long time, but if worn on the eyelid, it usually turns grey. I find that the eyeliner is super soft and really pigmented, which I absolutely love!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wasn't impressed with the performance of this product.This "Long Lasting" eye pencil makes a complete mess within a very short amount of time. Classic raccoon eyes. Which is fine if you're going for a blown out smokey look, but if you're going for anything other than that, you might not appreciate this product's tendency to travel. And it traveled everywhere. On the positive side, the black was really truly inky black. Great pigmentation on this thing. I just wish it would stay put.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

Sorry to give this low lippies. Like the previous reviewer, this is not good for oily eyelid. I tried this as eyeliner and it doesn't stay at all! It smudge everywhere. But why i still gave this three lippies is because i used this as eyebrow pencil when i run out of brow pencil and usually i used brown for eyebrow and this happen to be in the colour brown, so i thought i gave this a try and it does work! But it may not be that natural and can go on too dark and thick but it is oh so long lasting. I've found their eyebrow designer pencil which work more natural and just as long lasting, so i will go for that and won't be repurchasing this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner. It's opaque black, super creamy, doesn't tug, and NO SHARPERNING. I hate sharpening my productss, it feels so unsanitary and wastes product!
Anyway, for the first couple of hours of trying this eyeliner, I loved it. It's beautifully intense and ffelt comfortable to wear. Then a few more hours passed and my face was starting to get oily. This is the make or break time for my makeup. I checked my eyeliner in the mirror, and boo, it started to melt and collect at the outer corners of my eyes. Thankfully, it wiped off easily rather than leaving a panda imprint on my undereyes. I'm still dissapointed this couldn't become my holygrail, esecially with so much hype.
This may not work well for me, but if you don't have super oily skin, it should work beautifully :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Mira99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this eyeliner for 2 years now I love it. It looks great and even though it's not waterproof but it doesn't run out I even used it at the beach and swam with it. It didn't completely stayed on but it didn't run off and I looked fine. To have all this with that price is amazing!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great, creamy, long-wearing and pigmented liner, but it irritated my eyes and made them ache immediately! I don't have sensitive eyes, had to remove this quickly. Too bad, I loved the price. Back to beloved Chanel Waterproof. UPDATE: I'm downgrading this after finding Vasanti's Kajal Extreme. It even beats my long-term Chanel fave while being significantly cheaper. No irritation, better lasting power and look. It's still not as cheap as Essence, but very reasonable for the quality.