August 29, 2014 | 1778 users online

Polishes - Essie - Bikini so Teeny

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by bubblepowerflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore this when I went on vacay with my family in Mexico. I bought it in one of those airport shops. I really loved the color and my mom, sister, aunts, and cousins, and new friends all wanted to wear it too. Haha it was halfway empty when we got back. :) Ps. barely any chipping too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This light blue/periwinkle is such a pretty color. I love to wear it during spring and summer. It looks amazing over a white base coat. My only complaint is that I have to apply 3 coats to get full opacity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kamiforr

This is a perfect spring/summer shade. The color looks surprisingly good, even on my pale skin. I usually purchase sally hansen nail products to save money, but this is worth the splurge.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Tere86

Very beautiful and unique colour with a very soft shimmer. It's a pain to apply as the formulation is a little thick and streaky, required at least 3 coats to be opaque. Like with all essie polishes it has good staying power so it's worth the mission of putting it on. I always get compliments when wearing this colour!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this colour, it's perfect for spring/summer. The formula is thin and streaky so it needed three coats, which can be a little annoying and time consuming. I'm currently on Day 4 with no chips, so I'd say it doesn't chip very easily as long as you use a top coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by bexw88

Love the pretty summer colour. Didn't get on at all with the formula, it seemed to get very sticky on the brush very quickly. The colour was true to the pot until my Seche Vite dried, then it went a deeper blue and a bit patchy. Okay for occasional wear but only if you have time for careful application. Won't be one of my go to shades. Slightly disappointed - its not up to Essies usual standards!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by deusex

Formula wise it is perfect - nice summer shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I get into why I love this color, I will say this: HEY- ESSIE- GET IT TOGETHER WITH YOUR BRUSHES! Considering Essie is a somewhat pricey nail-product-only brand, you wouldn't think that Wet n' Wild polish brushes would far surpass theirs. I don't get it.
Ok. Yes, it's streaky, but it builds to a good even coverage and I'm hoping it will dry out a bit overtime.
I haven't worn blue polish on my toes since 2003. I loved St. Barth's Blue which was a very light barely blue. But then I stopped wearing toe rings and drinking appletinis and wearing blue polish. I have kind of jacked-up toe nails and toes from years of dance and high heels. So I generally keep it simple. Beiges and nudes.
Last week I got a pedi and just went for it. Livin' life on the edge. And I'm so glad I did. I actually went on a search for this color (I didn't even check the name at the salon) and bought it. Which never happens.
Here's why it's a winner-it's a combination of funky and - classy. I know - but it is. It's like a baby blue periwinkle. Very slight shimmer that just reads as a nice finish.
My pedicure starts chipping pretty soon, but this one started almost immediately. After I found the shade and bought it, I patched the pedi, applied a gel top coat and put it under the uv lamp (obviously only plausible if you have a lamp). Now it ain't going anywhere till I file it off. And it's dumb shiny too ; )

I can't believe I just spent a solid 15 minutes reviewing a nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this 3.5 stars. The color is really pretty - as others have stated, light blue with just a hint of purple. Cornflower or perhaps a periwinkle. In the right light there is just the tiniest hint of superfine shimmer. Very pretty, great for spring or summer. Looks nice with a tan but is a springy color that also looks good without a tan, which is perfect for the winter-to-spring segue. Unfortunately, it's very thin and prone to streaking. It takes me three coats to be decent, and even then there are streaks of thin spots. It also dings and dents easily - not so much flaking off, but nicks. Essie isn't my favorite formula but this is worse than average.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by emxs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, love, LOVE this color. I was hesistant to buy it because I already have several light blue polishes, but this one is truly unique. It's more of a "cornflower blue" than any of the other polishes I own, including the vague hint of purple. (Seriously, google the term "cornflower blue," and the results will give you a great idea about what this color will look like on your nails. I'm saying this because I just googled it to make sure I was using the right term for this color.)

It might look like just another light blue shade in the bottle (it did to me, anyway), but trust me, it's not. Even though Essie polishes cost an arm and a leg, I find myself coming back to them all the time because they just have so many unique and interesting shades.

As far as the formula goes - This is definitely a two coat minimum situation. That being said though, I don't really mind all that much because once I got to the second coat, the application was streak-free.

(Disclaimer: I've only been wearing this for a day, so I can't really say anything about its ability to stand up to wear-and-tear at this point, but - So far, so good.)