Essie Bikini so Teeny

3.9

on 8/8/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This Essie formula runs a little thinner than the others. Normally I find that Essie formulas are superior because they apply really easily, they have a sort of viscosity that minimises the mistakes. But for me this one doesn't get rolled out very often as it seems to turn a bit violet under seche vite.

This nail Polish is a beautiful color. It is especially gorgeous for spring and summer. I love Essie's nail polishes and how long they stay on your nails!

on 7/31/2015 1:44:00 PM

I soo wanted to love this nail polish, because it is so popular and raved about. I just need to learn that what works for some, or most, usually does not work for me.

I love and tend to favor cool toned polishes. This looks quite pretty in the bottle. However, this looks just terrible on my nails. Applies unevenly (I can see the brush strokes, no matter what tricks I try) and once on my nails, to me, this just looks like a little kid color. I am not opposed to fun shades and I even like blue shades (I ended up picking up Morgan Taylor's Nautically Inclined, a much better shade and formula ime....also, Morgan Taylor's Water Baby is also in the same color family, and is lovely!! Much more 'grown up' and adult looking)........but this just looks garish on me (and uneven). :-(

Add in the fact that this chips like crazy on me (I usually have luck with Essie, just not this one), and this is a no re-purchase.

Maybe I got a bad bottle as far as the formula looking streaky, but the color itself just does not work out on me. I ended up giving this to my friend's teenage daughter.

on 7/29/2015 8:50:00 PM

This color is absolutely beautiful, although the silver shimmer is more apparent in the bottle than on the nail. However, the formula is awful. You would expect a pastel to be streaky on the first coat, but this took 4 coats to alleviate the patchiness and reach full bottle color. I love this in the summer on tanned toes, so I don't have to see the patchy spots and spots where it didn't self-level. If I put it on my fingers, I would be constantly aggravated by imperfections in the application. For that reason, I probably would not repurchase.

on 7/28/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this color for my toes and my nails, but the formula is very streaky and thin. I always use at least three coats, which is annoying. Would not repurchase, as I see there are so many dupes that have come out like Sally Hansen Babe Blue.

on 7/28/2015 1:44:00 PM

I ended up liking this color a lot more than I thought I would. I bought it in a pack with the gel topcoat, which is what I really was going for, but the store I was at wasn't carrying any of the single topcoats. They only came in a pack with one of the Essie colors, and Bikini So Teeny was literally the ONLY option they were carrying at the time. Anyway, it turned out to be a very flattering blue for my pale skin, and I received lots of compliments on it. The formula is a bit streaky on the first coat because it's a pale color, but two coats does the trick, and it didn't chip on me until about day 5. Nail polishes typically chip on me after a day or two, so overall I'm really satisfied.

on 7/25/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite summer colors, and my favorite nail polish in blue (for summer).
Easy application, two coats. Love it. I get many compliments when I wear this color.

on 7/20/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very nice pale blue/lavender colour from Essie. It is opaque in two coats and the formula is not too runny or thick. It is a little streaky with the first coat, but this streakiness is not noticeable with the second. It dries quickly and lasts for about a week before chipping, which I find to be the standard amount of wear from Essie polishes. The colour is pale without being chalky. This is a must have spring/summer shade.

Beautiful color. Formula is thin so you need at least 2 coats to get it opaque. The brush on Essie nail polishes are a bit cheap and hard to maneuver on the nail. Overall a great summer nail color and I recommend it

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a pretty color! Never in my life have i received so many compliments on my nail color. I was a bit hesitant to purchase after reading the reviews about the formula but it's not as bad as I expected. It takes a little bit more patience and about 3 coats to be opaque but it's pretty easy to apply, and I've had horrible experiences with Essie polishes in the past.
I would describe the color as a light cornflower blue that can look lavender in some lighting.
Very pleased with this nail polish!

Popular Polishes