July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Polishes - Essie - Bikini so Teeny

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Tere86

Very beautiful and unique colour with a very soft shimmer. It's a pain to apply as the formulation is a little thick and streaky, required at least 3 coats to be opaque. Like with all essie polishes it has good staying power so it's worth the mission of putting it on. I always get compliments when wearing this colour!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this colour, it's perfect for spring/summer. The formula is thin and streaky so it needed three coats, which can be a little annoying and time consuming. I'm currently on Day 4 with no chips, so I'd say it doesn't chip very easily as long as you use a top coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by bexw88

Love the pretty summer colour. Didn't get on at all with the formula, it seemed to get very sticky on the brush very quickly. The colour was true to the pot until my Seche Vite dried, then it went a deeper blue and a bit patchy. Okay for occasional wear but only if you have time for careful application. Won't be one of my go to shades. Slightly disappointed - its not up to Essies usual standards!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by deusex

Formula wise it is perfect - nice summer shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I get into why I love this color, I will say this: HEY- ESSIE- GET IT TOGETHER WITH YOUR BRUSHES! Considering Essie is a somewhat pricey nail-product-only brand, you wouldn't think that Wet n' Wild polish brushes would far surpass theirs. I don't get it.
Ok. Yes, it's streaky, but it builds to a good even coverage and I'm hoping it will dry out a bit overtime.
I haven't worn blue polish on my toes since 2003. I loved St. Barth's Blue which was a very light barely blue. But then I stopped wearing toe rings and drinking appletinis and wearing blue polish. I have kind of jacked-up toe nails and toes from years of dance and high heels. So I generally keep it simple. Beiges and nudes.
Last week I got a pedi and just went for it. Livin' life on the edge. And I'm so glad I did. I actually went on a search for this color (I didn't even check the name at the salon) and bought it. Which never happens.
Here's why it's a winner-it's a combination of funky and - classy. I know - but it is. It's like a baby blue periwinkle. Very slight shimmer that just reads as a nice finish.
My pedicure starts chipping pretty soon, but this one started almost immediately. After I found the shade and bought it, I patched the pedi, applied a gel top coat and put it under the uv lamp (obviously only plausible if you have a lamp). Now it ain't going anywhere till I file it off. And it's dumb shiny too ; )

I can't believe I just spent a solid 15 minutes reviewing a nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this 3.5 stars. The color is really pretty - as others have stated, light blue with just a hint of purple. Cornflower or perhaps a periwinkle. In the right light there is just the tiniest hint of superfine shimmer. Very pretty, great for spring or summer. Looks nice with a tan but is a springy color that also looks good without a tan, which is perfect for the winter-to-spring segue. Unfortunately, it's very thin and prone to streaking. It takes me three coats to be decent, and even then there are streaks of thin spots. It also dings and dents easily - not so much flaking off, but nicks. Essie isn't my favorite formula but this is worse than average.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by emxs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, love, LOVE this color. I was hesistant to buy it because I already have several light blue polishes, but this one is truly unique. It's more of a "cornflower blue" than any of the other polishes I own, including the vague hint of purple. (Seriously, google the term "cornflower blue," and the results will give you a great idea about what this color will look like on your nails. I'm saying this because I just googled it to make sure I was using the right term for this color.)

It might look like just another light blue shade in the bottle (it did to me, anyway), but trust me, it's not. Even though Essie polishes cost an arm and a leg, I find myself coming back to them all the time because they just have so many unique and interesting shades.

As far as the formula goes - This is definitely a two coat minimum situation. That being said though, I don't really mind all that much because once I got to the second coat, the application was streak-free.

(Disclaimer: I've only been wearing this for a day, so I can't really say anything about its ability to stand up to wear-and-tear at this point, but - So far, so good.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by hermetic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most perfect baby blue color I've ran across so far. The touch of purple makes it unique and gives starkness to it, that makes even the pale skin look slightly tanned. Shimmer particles are mostly invisible, the polish is not chalky in appearance and dries rather fast. The only downfall is somewhat problematic formula, it needs to be applied with light touch otherwise you'll get bald spots. 2 coats are enough as far as opacity goes. Great lasting power too. I'd repurchase this for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Grayson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This np is probably one of my favorite COLORS in my collection. The brush is sooo tiny though, and the application is really horrible until the third coat, and then it looks descent. But it still has a very streaky look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The formula is easily workable. The first coat goes on smooth with a few slightly sheer patches here and there. The second coat makes the perfect, glossy finish. It does take ages to dry so a fast-dry top coat like Seche Vite or Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat is a must with this shade.

The color description "baby blue with silver sparkles" combined with the cute name sounds pretty, but there are barely any sparkles, unless you squint close up, its basically a creme finish. The color is closer to blueberry milk, or, pale lavender blue with a hint of grey. For a start purple-grey undertones aren't attractive on me (makes my fair skin look corpse-like). And I see this type of color more "cold winter frostbite" than "sexy summer bikini" so I won't re-purchase.