Essie Bikini so Teeny

3.9

on 7/29/2015 8:50:00 PM

This color is absolutely beautiful, although the silver shimmer is more apparent in the bottle than on the nail. However, the formula is awful. You would expect a pastel to be streaky on the first coat, but this took 4 coats to alleviate the patchiness and reach full bottle color. I love this in the summer on tanned toes, so I don't have to see the patchy spots and spots where it didn't self-level. If I put it on my fingers, I would be constantly aggravated by imperfections in the application. For that reason, I probably would not repurchase.

on 7/28/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this color for my toes and my nails, but the formula is very streaky and thin. I always use at least three coats, which is annoying. Would not repurchase, as I see there are so many dupes that have come out like Sally Hansen Babe Blue.

on 7/28/2015 1:44:00 PM

I ended up liking this color a lot more than I thought I would. I bought it in a pack with the gel topcoat, which is what I really was going for, but the store I was at wasn't carrying any of the single topcoats. They only came in a pack with one of the Essie colors, and Bikini So Teeny was literally the ONLY option they were carrying at the time. Anyway, it turned out to be a very flattering blue for my pale skin, and I received lots of compliments on it. The formula is a bit streaky on the first coat because it's a pale color, but two coats does the trick, and it didn't chip on me until about day 5. Nail polishes typically chip on me after a day or two, so overall I'm really satisfied.

on 7/25/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite summer colors, and my favorite nail polish in blue (for summer).
Easy application, two coats. Love it.

on 7/20/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very nice pale blue/lavender colour from Essie. It is opaque in two coats and the formula is not too runny or thick. It is a little streaky with the first coat, but this streakiness is not noticeable with the second. It dries quickly and lasts for about a week before chipping, which I find to be the standard amount of wear from Essie polishes. The colour is pale without being chalky. This is a must have spring/summer shade.

Beautiful color. Formula is thin so you need at least 2 coats to get it opaque. The brush on Essie nail polishes are a bit cheap and hard to maneuver on the nail. Overall a great summer nail color and I recommend it

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a pretty color! Never in my life have i received so many compliments on my nail color. I was a bit hesitant to purchase after reading the reviews about the formula but it's not as bad as I expected. It takes a little bit more patience and about 3 coats to be opaque but it's pretty easy to apply, and I've had horrible experiences with Essie polishes in the past.
I would describe the color as a light cornflower blue that can look lavender in some lighting.
Very pleased with this nail polish!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this after hearing/reading so much about it. It's a periwinkle/powder blue with ever so so so subtle reflects in it. Great for summer, I feel I need to be tan to wear this otherwise it looks a bit odd on me. However it is a nice color. Reminds me of limited color "barefoot in blue" but lighter

I have never gotten so many compliments on a nail color ever. Beautiful blue color that looks perfect on all skin tones! Love Essie and their nail lacquers - I've had bikini so teeny on for 5 days now & it has barely chipped. Get this color!

on 3/29/2015 3:39:00 PM

This is a must-have Essie. It is a perfectly gorgeous shade of periwinkle blue that dries to a shiny finish. So great for spring! Four lippies instead of five because the formula is a little more sheer than I would like. This polish definitely needs three coats. But I found it to be easy to work with overall.
I love the color and I would buy it again. Recommended!

Popular Polishes