Clinique Chubby Stick - 05 - Chunky Cherry

4.2

on 4/17/2015 3:12:00 PM

I used it for more then 2 years and I still like it. It moisturized well and is comfortanle on my lips. I do not like a clasic lipstick so this is the best choice for me-no lip liner. It stays relatively long. I can recommend it.

on 1/28/2015 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This came in a Christmas gift set that I bought for the Lash Power mascara. I usually wear nudes or plum-pinks so this colour isn't one that I would have selected, but having tried it now I absolutely love it!
it's bright red in the tube, but depending on how heavily you apply it can go from a light Popsicle tint to a deeper sheer red, great for evening. I usually aim for somewhere between the two, blending it in with my fingertip for a more natural look. I have black hair and olive skin, and this shade really lifts my colouring. it also makes my teeth look whiter - always a plus!
I have mixed it with the Whole Lotta Honey Chubby Stick for a lovely red-coral result.
I have very dry lips and at the moment I don't find it moisturising enough on its own, so I wear it over Chapstick or under Eight Hour Cream. Colour payoff is not bad at all, particularly if you work it in with your fingertip - I find that the tint will last a good few hours.
I will definitely buy this when I run out of my sample.

on 10/10/2014 11:20:00 AM

Looked "coral" to me in the store but when I applied it at home, it was more pinkish tone. I was going to return it, but tried it as a blusher and it was a sheer, perfect, natural, rosy tint and it was perfect!

on 6/30/2014 2:42:00 PM

I love Clinique's Chubby Sticks and this one is no exception. I bought it last winter and initially put it aside because I thought the color was just a little too bright, but then, my skin is very pale during the winter. Now that it's summer and I have a bit of a tan, the color is perfect. It's a cool, light rosy red which brightens up my whole face. It doesn't have the same staying power as a lipstick but it has more than most lip glosses. It's very moisturizing without being greasy or slippery.

on 2/26/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The colour is very nice. A blend of pink and red which brightens your complexion and it's very flattering. The formula is very mosturising and comfortable to wear. The shine is just right without looking lipglossy. Very good packaging as the pencil doesn't need to be sharpened. The smell is a bit chemical and I would have prefered a nicer scent, like a fruity smell. However, I still think Revlon Lip Butters do the same job for a fraction of the price.

on 2/19/2014 4:14:00 AM

Firstly let me start by saying I love a red lip, cherry reds included. I'm also quite fond of cherry scents/ flavours and therefore was massively let down by this product. With a name like chunky cherry I was anticipating a punchy red pink with a scent of some kind.
What I found was if anything a 'plasticky' synthetic smell, very sheer coverage and on top of that it wore off very quickly!!
Very disappointing Indeed :(

on 9/13/2013 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

The Chubby Sticks are very convenient as they don't need sharpening and the texture is sheer enough that you can apply the lipstick without looking in a mirror.

Pros:
Nice wearable everyday red, especially for women who are afraid of wearing a full on red lip colour.
No need to sharpen as the pencil twists up
Moisturizing feel and leaves a soft shine that doesn't look over the top

Cons:
Texture can feel greasy and not long lasting in the least
Sheer pigment so if you like rich colour, you'll be disappointed

Repurchase? Meh... Revlon makes something similar for less money so I'd rather save the $$

on 7/12/2013 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Chubby Sticks are so fun and easy to use! Chunky Cherry is cool toned red, that will suit many skin tones. The color makes my green eyes really pop. I use this in the summer, when I don't wear much other make up.

This is would be also great for someone who likes classic red lips, but is afraid to try real red lipsticks.

Pros:
+cute packaging
+easy to apply
+lovely color
+sheer formula
+moisturizing

Cons:
-the staying power is quite poor
-bit messy, would need lip liner for polished look
-no SPF!!

on 1/23/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

good lord, this is beautiful! if you are interested in color analysis, this color is recommended for those considered "bright winters" and it is GORGEOUS! so sheer, yet so pretty and bright! it's like a very lovely strawberry + dash of coral color . really makes my green eyes pop. i have yellow undertones and NC15ish skin and this is now my HG everyday color. i love the ease of it, and i love how travel-friendly it is. such a great product, not only the color, but the shine too. perfection. oh and i also use it as a blush too (just dab and blend!) perfect, perfect, perfect. ok, i am a little excited. basically i just wear tinted sunblock (elta), then maybelline purestay PF as a concealer around my eyes, nose and mouth, then Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, and then this lovely chunky cherry color for my lips and cheeks, and voila! fresh and pretty. it's natural, but a polished look. i think it would be great for a night look too, just add a black liquid eye liner. LOVE!!!!!!

on 1/3/2013 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Love Chunky Cherry! I'm a longtime fan of the Clinique Superbalms - one of those (or a chubbystick) plus a tube of Touche Eclat and your preferred mascara and you have a complete antidote to jetlag. The chubbysticks are easy to apply, and the colors are blush-like and flattering. What's especially good about this shade is how quickly you can create a bold, cheerful lip, but with a soft finish.