October 20, 2014 | 1535 users online

Lips - Clinique - Chubby Stick - 05 - Chunky Cherry

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by shilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looked "coral" to me in the store but when I applied it at home, it was more pinkish tone. I was going to return it, but tried it as a blusher and it was a sheer, perfect, natural, rosy tint and it was perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I love Clinique's Chubby Sticks and this one is no exception. I bought it last winter and initially put it aside because I thought the color was just a little too bright, but then, my skin is very pale during the winter. Now that it's summer and I have a bit of a tan, the color is perfect. It's a cool, light rosy red which brightens up my whole face. It doesn't have the same staying power as a lipstick but it has more than most lip glosses. It's very moisturizing without being greasy or slippery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The colour is very nice. A blend of pink and red which brightens your complexion and it's very flattering. The formula is very mosturising and comfortable to wear. The shine is just right without looking lipglossy. Very good packaging as the pencil doesn't need to be sharpened. The smell is a bit chemical and I would have prefered a nicer scent, like a fruity smell. However, I still think Revlon Lip Butters do the same job for a fraction of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by gemLTate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly let me start by saying I love a red lip, cherry reds included. I'm also quite fond of cherry scents/ flavours and therefore was massively let down by this product. With a name like chunky cherry I was anticipating a punchy red pink with a scent of some kind.
What I found was if anything a 'plasticky' synthetic smell, very sheer coverage and on top of that it wore off very quickly!!
Very disappointing Indeed :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Chubby Sticks are very convenient as they don't need sharpening and the texture is sheer enough that you can apply the lipstick without looking in a mirror.

Pros:
Nice wearable everyday red, especially for women who are afraid of wearing a full on red lip colour.
No need to sharpen as the pencil twists up
Moisturizing feel and leaves a soft shine that doesn't look over the top

Cons:
Texture can feel greasy and not long lasting in the least
Sheer pigment so if you like rich colour, you'll be disappointed

Repurchase? Meh... Revlon makes something similar for less money so I'd rather save the $$

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ninnu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Chubby Sticks are so fun and easy to use! Chunky Cherry is cool toned red, that will suit many skin tones. The color makes my green eyes really pop. I use this in the summer, when I don't wear much other make up.

This is would be also great for someone who likes classic red lips, but is afraid to try real red lipsticks.

Pros:
+cute packaging
+easy to apply
+lovely color
+sheer formula
+moisturizing

Cons:
-the staying power is quite poor
-bit messy, would need lip liner for polished look
-no SPF!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

good lord, this is beautiful! if you are interested in color analysis, this color is recommended for those considered "bright winters" and it is GORGEOUS! so sheer, yet so pretty and bright! it's like a very lovely strawberry + dash of coral color . really makes my green eyes pop. i have yellow undertones and NC15ish skin and this is now my HG everyday color. i love the ease of it, and i love how travel-friendly it is. such a great product, not only the color, but the shine too. perfection. oh and i also use it as a blush too (just dab and blend!) perfect, perfect, perfect. ok, i am a little excited. basically i just wear tinted sunblock (elta), then maybelline purestay PF as a concealer around my eyes, nose and mouth, then Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, and then this lovely chunky cherry color for my lips and cheeks, and voila! fresh and pretty. it's natural, but a polished look. i think it would be great for a night look too, just add a black liquid eye liner. LOVE!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love Chunky Cherry! I'm a longtime fan of the Clinique Superbalms - one of those (or a chubbystick) plus a tube of Touche Eclat and your preferred mascara and you have a complete antidote to jetlag. The chubbysticks are easy to apply, and the colors are blush-like and flattering. What's especially good about this shade is how quickly you can create a bold, cheerful lip, but with a soft finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clinique really got it right this time--I'm old enough to remember the original Chubby Stick collection and I held off on trying these because I had be disappointed by the original collection. Curiosity got the best of me, though, and I tried this.

What struck me first was how vibrant Chunky Cherry appears to be. Once I applied it, I was amazed at how sheer it is, but how easy it is to build up the color. It's lovely and not as shockingly hot pink as the stick appears. The previous review is right on--the color reminds me of how my lips look after eating a red popsicle.

The lasting power isn't bad too--this lasts about 3-4 hours easily on me. The texture is great. It's not at all greasy, not sticky, and feels like a lip balm. I haven't test-driven it in the winter when my lips are at their driest, but it does feel moisturizing.

I have my eye on a few other colors, so I'm certain that Chunky Cherry won't be my last Chubby Stick. Way to go, Clinique, on an excellent product revision and launch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

When I bought this I was on the hunt for something moisturizing and that could add a hint of color. The awesome thing about this is that the color is buildable. You know that reddish tint you get after eating a red popsicle? Thatís what it gives me on the first application and you can intensify the color with more swipes of the lip product.

Itís moisturizing but nothing insane like you get from carmex or Vaseline but itís nice. Iím not interested in picking up any other colors since I already have plenty of pinks and natural lip colored products stashed at home already.

At ~$16 I think just owning one in the right color you love is enough with this product.