October 21, 2014 | 1602 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Spoiled

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I own tons of these and they are all great. I haven't really run across one that was bad or I regretted. Same company as WNW and these are more colors you would look for if you were just experimenting or looking for something different.

One of my favorite glitter top coats is My Saturn Broke Down. Gorgeous blue jelly base with blue and silver micro glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by SthuperSarah

I recently borrowed the color My Saturn Broke Down(clearish blue jelly color with small to micro multi-colored reflective glitter), OMG I absolutely love it! I love french manicures I am not a big fan of all over color so I used this as my "flesh color" over another color I had called cobalt from another brand. Its gorgeous, my husband literally lost his breath for a moment then I told him it was an at home mani XD. The sparkle over the pop of color just looks AMAZING. The light blue clear color gives a blur to any nail imperfections ( I have a discoloration underneath my nail) and so far the manicure has held up very well. Oh and the brush is awesome, I have wide nail beds and this just rocked my boat! Now onto the one con I have that isnt really too much of a con for me but dry time is a little higher than most other polishes I do my manis& pedis before I go to sleep so it didnt bug me to spend a bit more time waiting but I waited and woke up smudge free and thats with base coat, tip coat and two top coats of the spoiled color. Overall im happy and I will be visiting cvs asap to buy this color for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Puggurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this polish! I'm a polish snob, I usually only do OPI and Essie. For some reason the colors drew me in and I'm hooked! For $1.99 a piece it's a steal. Also, the brush is phenomenal. It's one of those flat brushes that widens when you paint. I could see how someone might not like this brush if you have tiny nails, but I don't so I love it:)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Kdevlaeminck

Ladies, I bought spoiled by wet n' wild. I was doing polka dots on my nails. So I put a drop of nail polish onto a paper plate. In a couple of minutes it BURNED a hole into the plate!! Someone has to explain this to me. If it did this to a paper plate, imagine what it's doing to your nails!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by emilynelson0817

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying I absolutely love love love nail polishes especially wet n wild ones. I picked up 3 different pink shades at cvs (they were doing a buy two get 1 free deal I couldn't pass up) but I'm only going to review 2. I'm sending one to my mom so I didn't test the 3rd one out. The first one is called cotton mouth which is a pretty slightly darker than bubble gum pink. I absolutely love the brush. It is f later than normal brushes and wider with a slight half moon tip shape which make applying it a breeze. I have small nails so usually I can just do one stroke and my whole will be covered. (the exception being my thumb nail.) the color is very rich and opaque and it doesn't look little girl-ish pink and it's not too dark purpley for me. The second one I got is Pretty is Pink which is kind of deceiving to me. I was expecting more of a lighter shade but it is actually more of a strawberry pink mixed with a little coral undertones (if that makes sense). Again, great coverage, opaque color, brush made it easy to apply.....All that good nonsense. The drying time is pretty quick. I found after doing 1 coat on all 10 nails I could immediately do a second coat and all of my nails were nice a pretty and painted. The polish has a nice shine so you can get away with no top coat if you wanted. The price was amazing and I have a feeling my fiance is going to hate me later when I come home with a whole new nail polish collection to clutter up the shelf (lol). The packaging is simple and cute and the names are playful. Absolutely love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jenniferlee5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this polish in "breakfast in red" (orangey-red) and "my button fell off" (very pale pink). I really like the thick wide brushes. it makes for easy application. I go slow and get nice clean lines. The red is really a perfect polish if used with a separate shiny topcoast. I find it to dry very quickly and it gives highly pigmented, even coverage. I do 2 coats and it looks great. I think you can very slightly see the line of the white part of the nail from underneath but it is slight and doesn't bother me. I love love love the color. it is true red, hold your nails up to something plain red and it is a perfect match. but the slight orange undertone is just enough to flatter your skin tone and add warmth to it. my skin looks instantly more tanned when I use this, instead of more pale or old-ladyish as they can look when I wear a red with a mauve or pink undertones. The "my button fell off" is less outstanding, with streaky coverage. This color is also very flattering to the skin, and it is buildable to an opaque, if you have the patience to do 3 coats and get a clean line along your cuticle. I have thought of using this color as a natural looking french tip too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by huddlesa17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been putting off reviewing Spoiled because I knew my review would be a lengthy love letter to the brand. I have been so into these polishes lately. Their color selection is always improving. I have Good Karma, Did I Dye It Too Blonde?, Distant Memory, Pretty in Punk, The Parking Meteor Expired, Trust Fund Baby, and Mar-zi-panna. Whew!

The main draw of this brand is the price: $2, but CVS often does Buy 2, Get 1 sales and I have frequently walked away with 3 bottles for just over a dollar each. The only thing cheaper is Dollar Tree or Grocery Outlet.

I have heard some horror stories about the brushes, but have never experienced any issues myself. I really like the wide, flat brush shape. They make it easier and faster for me to do my nails, but I also know that some people just prefer the traditional round brush.

A word of caution: Distant Memory, a very pretty blue-ish/emeraldy green, dries with a very unexpected matte finish. It's still a gorgeous color, but you'll need a top coat if you want that shiny look.

My current favorite is Mar-zi-panna. I've heard this color described as robin's egg and Tiffany blue. I just love it. When I found it, I had been searching for weeks for a pastel blue or green. Mar-zi-panna is the perfect compromise. It's a lovely sea foam color that looks blue or green depending on the light. It chips more than I'd like, but it's worth the risk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own two colors in this line (exclusive to CVS) - "Mar zi Panna" and "Are Mermaids Real?" Mar zi Panna is a beautiful matte finish robin's egg (or Tiffany & Co.) blue. Are Mermaids Real?, in the bottle, is a medium-range purple with flecks of gold shimmer. I'll start with my review of Mar zi Panna:

This goes on a bit streaky, but dries into a beautiful opaque finish even with one coat. This lasted on my nails, after pretty moderate wear (doing dishes, taking a shower, typing, etc.) for thee days before showing signs of chipping just along the tips of my nails. This is one of my favorite nail polishes in my collection.

Are Mermaids Real? is a bit deceptive. In the bottle it looks brighter than it dries. On the nail, after applying two coats, it's more of a shimmery, smoky amethyst color. It goes on thick, but streaky. It takes more than one coat for full coverage. It's pretty, but this one does not dry very well at all. Maybe I'll try it without a base clear coat first, because even with a completely dried coat of clear base (Sally Hansen XTreme Wear) it stays sticky after an hour of application, which shows every little ding and smudge.

I would buy Mar zi Panna again. And again, and again. It's a gorgeous color that goes on fantastically and dries to a stunning finish. Are Mermaids Real? is another story. While it's pretty, it's not worth the hassle of it streaking when brushing it on or how tacky it stays. But you really can't complain when it comes to a polish that costs less than $2. On that token, these are great nail polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Owhatshername

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the color black momba which is a beautiful dark silvery shade. my problen however is that this polish NEVER dries if you have the time to sit for an hr and maybe it will dry then but concidering it definitly needs two cotes its rediculous. if it actually dried it would be amaxing but as is its just frustrating.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I haven't experienced any of the brush issues most have experienced. I bought two, and both have evenly-cut brushes that also evenly cover my nails. The colors are numerous and gorgeous, and after Day 4 I have experienced a very tiny bit of tip wear (with Wet n' Wild clear nail protector and Sally Hansen's Dry and Go Drops). I cannot comment on the drying time because I used the Sally Hansen fast dry product. There was no problem with streaking, however, and it took 2-3 coats for full opacity. This nail polish is thicker than your average nail polish, so you ought to dab quite a bit of the nail polish from the brush on the edge of the bottle, just so you don't get a goopy mess on your nail. I like this nail polish and it's price overall, I just wish the nail polish wouldn't require more than 2 coats at times. Otherwise, this would be no-fuss and my favorite nail polish.