October 1, 2014 | 1141 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel 907 Sable Beige

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This LE bronzer from Chanel had me 10 kinds of excited until I used it :(. It came in 2 shades: Sable rose and sable beige. The sable rose was obviously a rosier hue and the darker of the two, with sable beige being lighter and more "bronzer colored". I wish I'd have picked up sable rose instead and used it as a blush...because sable beige, although gorgeous in the compact, was mediocre at best (color-wise). A friend recommended the beige option, as it was supposed to be more flattering for lighter skin tones. It may just be my individual skin tone, but this bronzer went on much more "orangey" than I'd expected. Not natural looking at all. For reference I am NC20ish or Chanel 20-claire in the summer, naturally light blond, blue eyes, but have golden undertones. It looks beautiful in the compact and is very finely milled, the texture is lovely and in my opinion, the design is much nicer than the LE bronzers from the previous year's collection.. The finish is quite nice as well..very very subtle shimmer (almost sheen rather than shimmer) but not over the top. Lets face it, not many lines pull off "illuminating" like Chanel! It's not glittery at all and definitely not coarse or gritty as some bronzers tend to be. The darn color is just no good on me...like i said, it pulled VERY orange on my skin. Another thing to note: if you already own the Chanel fall '12 Lumiere d'artifices Beiges illuminating powder, you may wanna skip this bronzer. They in no way shape or form look similar in their compacts or presentation, but I have both and they are almost identical after applied. Crazy! In short, other than its gorgeous presentation and sturdy classic packaging, this one from Chanel just didn't do it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the high end bronzer I buy when I have the spare cash to throw around. This product feels and looks luxurious, while living up to its brand’s name. A natural sun kissed glow is delivered with a hint of pink flush adding to the natural look. This product is something I’m sure you would have found in Marilyn’s make-up bag if she were still around. If you are will to spend the money I definitely recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know... I should like this more than I do. It's a challenge to find a natural looking bronzer for my very fair, cool toned skin. They clash or look too obvious given that bronzers are generally so warm toned. That was probably my biggest issue with this one. I liked it in the pan and when I tried it on at the Chanel counter but in natural lighting the golden sheen is very present and too overpowering for me, especially because I like to use bronzers in an all-over capacity (in the traditional "where the sun hits" places like foreheads, tops of cheeks, nose bridge, chin type of thing) rather than as a highlighter for the cheekbones or something to that effect.

I really appreciate the actual beigeness of this though. The powder doesn't have that deep, earthy, bronze, sun-baked look that is typical of most bronzers. My favorite bronzer is Giorgio Armani no. 1 and even that is a dark sandy bronze in the pan. The majority of the stripes here are on the lighter side so for pale skinned people I can see how this would be particularly flattering as an all-over bronzer. It doesn't overwhelm my paleness or look dirty/ruddy/orange whatsoever. I apply bronzer with as light a touch as possible and despite my efforts it looks like I'm wearing a powder foundation with a little too much pale gold sheen. The sheen is just wrong, and it doesn't look bronze enough to be a bronzer. One of the bottom stripes contributes the most the the gold shimmer but even avoiding that area still produces a sheen that I can never quite get on board with. I've been using it as eyeshadow and occasionally as a highlighter for cheekbones, collarbones but I don't love it or feel amazing when I wear it as I do with my GA bronzer.

The powder is very soft and dense so it goes on smoothly and feels very luxurious. I didn't notice it settling into pores or fading off too quickly. I like that it's not dry or difficult to blend. But it does tend to get a little messy when using a brush over it because of how soft, light, and powdery it is. I never have any irritation or any problems when wearing it. The compact is huge and flat with the included brush located to the side of the powder. Not great for carrying with you or travel if you prefer smaller cases. I'm annoyed that I can't pinpoint exactly why I'm not happy with this when I can sit here and list all the great things about it. The sheen issue is only a small part of it, but I guess when something feels wrong then it's just wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Armanix09

keeps skin soft, isnt cakey at all
the brush that comes with it is also very soft and applies evenly.
Limited edition so was £35?
can use colours seperately or altogether
all in all a good bronzer/blusher

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate loving this bronzer because I have a policy of no backups now (i only ever needed one- Chantecaille Whisper), I bought it on the tail end of the release, and I now think I will have to head back to my LE dealer store for a backup. What is not to love?
Normally Chanel bronzers are chalky and orange, in my experience. I got this because I read a makeup blog (was it MBB?) where it actually looked good. I was not disappointed: this is a subtle browny beige when all the colors are mixed together. The yellow stripe has the most shimmer (it is the color of Guerlain Sun in the City) but nothing too OTT and if you want to go more matt you can just avoid the bottom two colors. I am super pale (NC 15 on a dark day) and this is at the limit between a bronzer, highlighter and finishing powder for me- I use it really only to warm my face up. I have used the darkest stripe at the bottom as an eye shadow, as well. The included brush is fine for touchups and would do on vacation, but usually I use my LM bronzing brush.
If you are pale and can still find this, get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a bronzer which I have avoided doing for ages because none of them ever look right on me. I am nc20 in Mac products so quite pale skinned and I have quite oily skin too. My t zone can look greasy by mid morning and I need to do touch ups!
I wanted a bronzer that had enough glow to give the healthy look without too much sheen and sparkle as that would emphasise my oily skin! I tried Bobby Brown, Estée Lauder, Clinique, lancôme, Mac (the list goes on.....)
I was going to try Nars Laguna but I had to order online which put me off as I like to try it on my skin first.
Anyway, I was strolling past the Chanel counter and I saw this, it has seven different colours in the pan and they are lovely. The make up assistant put some on me on the brush and it gave me such a light glow without any streaks or orangeness but did give me a nice glow. After she had applied it, she used the brush to collect powder from the top two colour lines and used it as a light blush. It looked amazing! I am soo pleased. It just looks great, exactly what I wanted.
The packaging is really lovely too. The compact comes in the box and the compact itself is in a lovely soft case, the compact has a big mirror and lovely brush which is useful when out and about.
I am soo pleased with my purchase, I had to review it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No