August 22, 2014 | 1627 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Color Balm (all)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color I purchased was Danke it's more of a nude shade. It feels great on my lips, its not too cakey and lasts throughout the day. I normally use it under a matte lip color to brighten it and use it as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by misscrys85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in "Asante." It's a pink/mauve color. I love it! It feels creamy on my lips and lasts for a while. It gives me a light tint in a very pretty shade. I definitely plan to repurchase this shade and many others.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

Bought this in a whim at Ulta. I'm not a fan of full coverage lipstick much and I'm kind of over the super glossy look so I've been trying to find a happy medium with tinted balms. My lips are rather pigmented and I bought Danke to tone down the plummy mauve tone in my lips. However, it erased my lip color completely. Sheer this was not! It made me look weird and to top it off made my lips peel. Texture was very slick. Will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by heathergitgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have three of these. All the names for each of the products are different languages, all meaning thank you. But I have "Merci"(french) which is one of my favorites because it's not a deep pink, or one that makes my lips look weird (because I have weird shaped lips, and my skin is odd, some lip colors look odd on me)

I also have "thank you" which is the english thank you, obviously. It's more of a darker red. At first Merci and Thank You look like the same color, so when I received them I was confused. But once I swatched them I seen the difference. It's a great color, but not for me.

The third one I have, which is the one that I love the most I'm on my second tube of it, is "Danke" (german). It's a nude color. While I find that "Thank you" And "Merci" moisturize more, I like "Danke" because it's a nice color on me. I recently started using it as a base, which works amazing.

But I would suggest NYX Color Balms for anyone who isn't too big on lipsticks, because that is why I originally bought them.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by kaydee000

This product isn't all that great. Some of the colors last long (which is impressive for a tinted balm) while others are gone alomost instantly (typical). Also I find that even if I exfoliate and moisturize my lips before applying this product, my lips get all dry and then the product starts to flake off. I would not purchase this product again but it was nice to give them a try and they do have a pleasant smell and flavor (not that I ate it).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

These come in some nice YLBB colors, but fail to show up. Even after I applied some of the shades two or three times, I got only very sheer, minimal color on my lips. They also don't moisturize much for a balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NYX's Color Lip Balms are one of their newer products. This balm is available in 12 shades, each of their names is a different word for "Thank You". I have the shade Grazie, which I believe is Italian. I kinda regret not getting Spasibo. NYX says that their Color Balms are "perfect for when your lips crave hydration, and you crave color", and promise that they'll give you "color and moisture in one application". I didn't know my lips had cravings. These mineral oil based balms are said to give you the 'moisture, shine and sheer color your lips desire, while still looking natural". Oh so my lips have desires too? NYX's Color Balms retail for $3.75 for 4g, but I got mine free as an Ulta reward. Like all NYX products, these balms are cruelty free, hypoallergenic, and made in Taiwan.
Packaging for Color Balms are a black twist up tube with cap. Packaging looks a fair bit cheaper than most NYX products. The label peels up a bit and overlaps strangely. It might just be my tube though. Like most NYX products, the tube offers a great amount of product info and a full ingredient list. The black label features the name of the brand and product written in white lettering. The label is also accented by a stripe matching the color of the balm, a nice detail.
In the tube, Grazie appears to be a dark pink toned red. However, keep in mind that this is a balm, and therefore sheer. Grazie makes my lips appear a darker pink or very light red. It's a sheer, natural shade that's like a my lips but better color, but I have fairly pigmented lips, so you might have different results than me. Grazie only delivers the slightest shine. It's much more of a natural moist look than a shiny gloss. Despite being called "Color Balm", Grazie doesn't really give off much color. Boo, misleading names.
So Color Balms don't deliver in the color department, but what abut in the balm department? Meh it's ok. This balm feels pretty greasy on the lips when first applied and kinda slips around. Once the balm sinks in it leaves your lips feeling pretty soft and moisturized, but it doesn't last very long, only an hour or two. To be fair, NYX never made claims of how long the moisture would last, unlike some balms that promise like 8 hours of moisture. One note is that this balm tends to melt and separate easily. Don't leave it in the car on hot days. Trust me.
NYX's Color Balm isn't the best lip balm I've used, but it gets the job done and lives up to it's claims of moisture, shine, and sheer color. I'd prefer if I got just a bit more color, but Grazie is nice the way it is, for natural lip kinda days. Grazie is a little slicker than I'd prefer as well, but with mineral oil as the first ingredient, what do you expect? I'm kinda "meh" about NYX's Color Balm in Grazie. I'm glad I got it for free, and wouldn't repurchase, at least at full price. It's definitely not worth four bucks to me. If you're curious about this balm, try to get it when Ulta or CherryCulture has NYX on sale, which is almost always.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No