Sephora Microsmooth Foundation Powder

4.3

Mica, Talc, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Dimethicone, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Lauroyl Lysine, Coral Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Nylon-12, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol

on 8/22/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like this powder as a setting powder much more than a standalone foundation. I owned one for months and just felt it was too sheer for any real coverage. However recently I used it as a setting powder instead and it works beautifully. The powder is really fine and slightly reflective so it works great esp under the eye. Would have wished it had a metal pan though, because now i want to put it in my makeup kit but without the pan i cant put it in a z palette and have to carry each individual shade.

on 8/13/2015 2:56:00 PM

Part of my new everyday routine! I decided to get this instead of the MAC MSF because I read that the bismuth in it breaks some people out.

I use it to set my undereye concealer and as a foundation. I've yet to try it as a setting powder over top foundation because it works amazingly alone. Covers my redness completely; provides a sheer-medium coverage. (I use an ecotools kabuki brush.) Looks flawless, very natural (satin?) finish, which is what it claims. The powder itself is very soft and blends very easily. Try just applying on half your face first and see the difference haha!

I wear a MUFE #117 (NC15/20) and I bought #15 nude.

on 7/29/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my go-to powder! I used to use the MAC mineral powder but switched to this one and haven't turned back since. The powder feels light and gives good coverage - whether I just want a natural look or if I'm needing to cover-up some blemished, this powder does the trick. The price is affordable too, especially compared to the other powders at Sephora. The only "complaint" I really have is the fact that it doesn't come with a mirror... But I go through a few of these a year so maybe it would be a bit of a waste anyways.

on 7/27/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I saw this a little while ago while browsing in Sephora and decided to give it a try, as I was running out of my other powder (I've used Sephora's Mattifying Powder Foundation FOR YEARS).

I have to say that I love this powder. It feels lighter, and looks smoother on my skin than the mattifying powder foundation. I would sometimes feel like the mattifying powder made my skin look "dusty". I don't have that issue with this powder. It seems to give my skin a luminous look, blurs imperfections, and sets my foundation perfectly. I use it with Sephora's Teint Infusion Ethereal Natural Finish Foundation.

I would definitely repurchase. This powder retails for $22.

on 7/13/2015 4:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder is very soft and fine, but I do have to say I feel like it just sits on my skin. It looks great w/ a finishing spray though. The coverage it adds even after I've applied foundation is nice. Definitely one of my favorite powders thus far! Another thing is: it transfers onto clothing very easily, but other than that I like it.

on 7/13/2015 3:28:00 AM

I feel like this powder just sits on my skin? Its very powdery and transfers like crazy! If my face touches anything you bet this powder is on it. Although, it does have very good coverage.

on 6/29/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this is a finishing powder to top liquid foundation and concealer and to touch up throughout the day. It's the perfect balance of mattifying/setting without being too heavy or cakey. I have tried this on its own as a foundation and wasn't impressed, I didn't think it provided hardly any coverage. I do prefer this to the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural powder, I found that that emphasized my pores and uneven texture more than this. I use the shade 15 and am NC 20/25.

on 6/19/2015 1:40:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I have been using it for a couple months now and I do enjoy using it. Its very soft and finely milled and it covers any redness (id say light to medium coverage) and really melds into my skin. I have sensitive/acne prone skin and I can say now that this isnt causing me to break out at all which is awesome.

The only thing I dislike about it is the packaging. I wish there was a mirror in it so this would be more travel friendly to take on-the-go.

I said I would buy this again because it really is great but to be honest I might not buy it again if I can find something similar that is more travel friendly!

I am an nc10 and I wear their lightest shade 05 porcelain in this and it works perfectly.

Pros
-light/med coverage
-doesnt cause acne
-covers light imperfections and redness
-no fragrance
-soft powder
-no parabens

cons
-no mirror
-compact isnt travel friendly

on 5/18/2015 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using mineral powder and mineral foundation powder for maybe 12 years + not dared trying anything else, really belived in the "pure mineral good for your skin concept". But I was so dissapointed when I tried Bare minerals (clogged my pores so much) and i just wasn't happy with the result anymore with my other mineral brands. I looked dry and tight/older. So I read a lot of reviews and since I love other products from the Sephora collection I gave this a try. And I Love it! Perfect coulor match, stays matte, no breakouts, no clogged pores (actually clearer skin now), no dry/tight/old feeling/look.

on 5/1/2015 8:01:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL! I would never write a review after one day but on this, I have to!!!!! I used to use Mac Mineral skin finish until I realized most of the colors are way too pink and it has bismuth so I broke out. I looked for a dupe of this but didnt find one a couple years ago and lately, thanks to makeupalley, discovered this little gem! Im currently about NC 15 so I purchased the color Clair/light #15. I might not remembering this correctly, but it seems to me that the lightest color they had also was called Clair Light but maybe 05? I remember this as I thought they had put it in the wrong slot but I do think they have two colors named the same but the numbers are different. The lighter one looked way too light on my skin so I went with this one. It's a tad dark for my skin but I think I can get by. It might appear that way because I use Neutrogena Skin enhance in a shade that unfortunately also is a tad darker. So maybe it's that. All that aside, this powder is truely amazing. I have no idea why anyone would say this is cakey. I worked in a hot environment for eight hours today and when I got home, I looked in my magnifying mirror to see i it all caked up. IT DIDNT! My face had a little glow but it was there and melted into my skin and didnt look greasy but a nice natural glow. I had neutrogena's mineral pressed powder which was okay but it definitely cakes up especially around my laugh lines...this one did not and I've NEVER experienced that. I did test number two...since I had sweated some at work , when I came home I used a sponge and really put it on thick to see if it would just be a mess and all cakey and gross after sweating all day! It looked even better than in the morning! AMAZING. I'm now obsessed. It's truely fabulous and since it has no bismuth...thank goodness you are smart Sephora..it won't break me out. I will buy this over and over and over. I might try getting a lighter shade to just brush over my face first and then try this color I have over that to maybe keep it a little lighter. My Neutrogena Skin Enhancer (which I love) takes forever to "set" and I probably didnt wait long enough and putting a powder over any makeup or tinted moisturizer that didnt set yet, of course is going to turn a little darker. I have combo skin but definitely get shiny during the day. I'm not super oily but I do get shiny. With this, I didnt feel glopy at the end of the day and my face looked better when I left. Like I had make up on but you couldnt tell! And ladies, I've tried every darn pressed powder out there from Clinique, estee, Maybelline, Revlon, Physicians Formula, Neutrogena, on and on and on and on. This does have mica as first ingredient so I figured , great, it's going to enhance my pores. I thought it was going to, but I just slightly rubbed over my pores and it smoothed them out better than other powders. My thrill is how it didnt cake up after a hot day and putting more on top didnt cake it up more! It didnt feel heavy either. Gave me a nice natural matte look at first but then turned to a very subtle healthy glow. It's just amazing. I hope Sephora knows what a phenomenal product this is. I just cant say enough. It's not drying at all. Mac Studio Fix is horrible and chalky and enhances pores and breaks one out. If you order this on line, be aware that they have recently changed the colors. I went to the store to buy Porcelain but that wasn't an option any more. So they seemed to have changed the colors/numbers or something and I have no idea when. I think one could wear this over foundation and if it causes you to be cakey, then it's your foundation and not this powder.

UPDATE: 5-19-15. So I have been using this with the Tient Foundation of Sephora's and I now realize how much most powders and liquid foundations clog my pores. This powder, along with the tient foundation is FABULOUS! For some reason, maybe because all make up I've tried (meaning every makeup on the planet, I swear), claims not to clog pores but they do. THIS powder and the foundation I mentioned are the only ones I have ever tried that don't clog my pores. I would have never known how bad makeup has been doing this all my life til trying this line. My pores are clog free! I have no clue why! Don't care but it's this makeup along with the tient Foundation from Sephora( the one with the dropper). This stuff is crazy amazing. it's not cakey. EVER. It lasts all day like nothing else and no bismuth like Mac's that breaks us out. This stuff is my HOLY GRAIL! It blows my mind.