Sephora Microsmooth Foundation Powder

4.3

Mica, Talc, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Dimethicone, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Lauroyl Lysine, Coral Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Nylon-12, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol

on 5/18/2015 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using mineral powder and mineral foundation powder for maybe 12 years + not dared trying anything else, really belived in the "pure mineral good for your skin concept". But I was so dissapointed when I tried Bare minerals (clogged my pores so much) and i just wasn't happy with the result anymore with my other mineral brands. I looked dry and tight/older. So I read a lot of reviews and since I love other products from the Sephora collection I gave this a try. And I Love it! Perfect coulor match, stays matte, no breakouts, no clogged pores (actually clearer skin now), no dry/tight/old feeling/look.

on 5/1/2015 8:01:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL! I would never write a review after one day but on this, I have to!!!!! I used to use Mac Mineral skin finish until I realized most of the colors are way too pink and it has bismuth so I broke out. I looked for a dupe of this but didnt find one a couple years ago and lately, thanks to makeupalley, discovered this little gem! Im currently about NC 15 so I purchased the color Clair/light #15. I might not remembering this correctly, but it seems to me that the lightest color they had also was called Clair Light but maybe 05? I remember this as I thought they had put it in the wrong slot but I do think they have two colors named the same but the numbers are different. The lighter one looked way too light on my skin so I went with this one. It's a tad dark for my skin but I think I can get by. It might appear that way because I use Neutrogena Skin enhance in a shade that unfortunately also is a tad darker. So maybe it's that. All that aside, this powder is truely amazing. I have no idea why anyone would say this is cakey. I worked in a hot environment for eight hours today and when I got home, I looked in my magnifying mirror to see i it all caked up. IT DIDNT! My face had a little glow but it was there and melted into my skin and didnt look greasy but a nice natural glow. I had neutrogena's mineral pressed powder which was okay but it definitely cakes up especially around my laugh lines...this one did not and I've NEVER experienced that. I did test number two...since I had sweated some at work , when I came home I used a sponge and really put it on thick to see if it would just be a mess and all cakey and gross after sweating all day! It looked even better than in the morning! AMAZING. I'm now obsessed. It's truely fabulous and since it has no bismuth...thank goodness you are smart Sephora..it won't break me out. I will buy this over and over and over. I might try getting a lighter shade to just brush over my face first and then try this color I have over that to maybe keep it a little lighter. My Neutrogena Skin Enhancer (which I love) takes forever to "set" and I probably didnt wait long enough and putting a powder over any makeup or tinted moisturizer that didnt set yet, of course is going to turn a little darker. I have combo skin but definitely get shiny during the day. I'm not super oily but I do get shiny. With this, I didnt feel glopy at the end of the day and my face looked better when I left. Like I had make up on but you couldnt tell! And ladies, I've tried every darn pressed powder out there from Clinique, estee, Maybelline, Revlon, Physicians Formula, Neutrogena, on and on and on and on. This does have mica as first ingredient so I figured , great, it's going to enhance my pores. I thought it was going to, but I just slightly rubbed over my pores and it smoothed them out better than other powders. My thrill is how it didnt cake up after a hot day and putting more on top didnt cake it up more! It didnt feel heavy either. Gave me a nice natural matte look at first but then turned to a very subtle healthy glow. It's just amazing. I hope Sephora knows what a phenomenal product this is. I just cant say enough. It's not drying at all. Mac Studio Fix is horrible and chalky and enhances pores and breaks one out. If you order this on line, be aware that they have recently changed the colors. I went to the store to buy Porcelain but that wasn't an option any more. So they seemed to have changed the colors/numbers or something and I have no idea when. I think one could wear this over foundation and if it causes you to be cakey, then it's your foundation and not this powder.

UPDATE: 5-19-15. So I have been using this with the Tient Foundation of Sephora's and I now realize how much most powders and liquid foundations clog my pores. This powder, along with the tient foundation is FABULOUS! For some reason, maybe because all make up I've tried (meaning every makeup on the planet, I swear), claims not to clog pores but they do. THIS powder and the foundation I mentioned are the only ones I have ever tried that don't clog my pores. I would have never known how bad makeup has been doing this all my life til trying this line. My pores are clog free! I have no clue why! Don't care but it's this makeup along with the tient Foundation from Sephora( the one with the dropper). This stuff is crazy amazing. it's not cakey. EVER. It lasts all day like nothing else and no bismuth like Mac's that breaks us out. This stuff is my HOLY GRAIL! It blows my mind.

on 4/22/2015 12:03:00 AM

I got this product because my BareMinerals was starting to run out, and i wanted to try some cheaper alternatives. I have an extremely oily t zone, and very pale skin, so I got this in the lightest shade. It was a bit pale, but when I tried the next shade up, it was too dark, so I guess colour selection is not the greatest. I've been using this as a foundation, because it has light to medium coverage depending on how you layer it, and I only need it to even out my skin tone as I have redness and blackhead, but no serious acne. I find that it works VERY well if you use it as a finishing powder, though you can use it by itself as kind of an everyday thing. I've had no problems with the packaging, although many people who have reviewed this seem to dislike it. The one bad thing is that it's staying power for me is not great, with maybe less than an hour before my t zone starts getting shiny. Although to be honest, I've yet to find anything that lasts more than an hour and a half on my face, so I think it'll work well on people who don't have such oily skin. Overall, I liked the product, and will buy it again, depending on how long this one lasts.

on 3/18/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love this product. I'm guilty of being a makeup junkie and trying new products ALL THE TIME. I'm guilty to a fault about it but when I remember to slow down and just get stuff that I know has worked for me in the past I always go back to this. It leaves a nice natural finish. It's not too matte but it not too glowy either. It's perfect. I use this alone with concealer on my problem areas. I've tried using it over medium coverage foundation and it gets way too cakey that way. I'm thinking of trying it over a BB cream but honestly, I think it works perfectly fine on it's own. It may have some flashback in photos but I don't take flash photos hardly. I can imagine if I were younger and still enjoying the "nightlife" I wouldn't be happy with any type of flashback in my photos "in the club". If you're looking for powder foundation without flashback this would be more of a daytime powder for you :-)

on 2/17/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I would definitely buy this again!! Although it is a little expensive for me at around 23 bucks to make as a must-have product, there is a lot of makeup packed into that little compact and it doesn't come with a useless buff. It would be nice if the packaging was nicer looking and less delicate, but the powder itself is great. It's lasted me a really long time and goes on smoothly, looks natural, and leaves me with a nice, matte finish. Overall, a very satisfying purchase :)

on 2/2/2015 4:44:00 PM

Although I like the consistency, this powder caused MAJOR flashback in flash photos. Like I'm talking the worst flashback I've ever seen. Will be returning

on 2/1/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I normally use indie mineral powder makeup - inquisitive Siamese in Meow mixed with Light from Noella Beauty Works. Noella hasn't been open in a long time and I wanted a solid product to travel with so after seeing the reviews here decided it was worth $22 to see what these reviews were about.

LO AND BEHOLD my new go-to. I've been wearing daily for a week. The color match is almost as good as Inquisitive Siamese - I am N15 in the winter, N18 in summer but get away with NW15 in winter, and 15 Nude matched my face perfectly (but 10 matched my annoyingly pale neck so I may go back and get it so I can custom blend on my face).

The powder is SO soft, odorless, and settled to a beautiful, natural finish, way more natural than BE original ever was in me. I have had a slight amount of irritation along my jawline, since I blend this down into my neck, but I normally don't put any MU there and it doesn't last long, just occasionally a little itchy for a few min. The powder does kick up and float around and the dome shape enables it to fall into the edges of the compact but I don't care, I just chase my brush after it. I am using it with Sephora's #45 or pro flawless airbrush #56 and it buffs on nicely. TRY IT!

on 1/26/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

omg!! holy grail!! I have tried SO many powdered foundations and this one is hands down, the BEST. It doesn't oxodize, stays on pretty well on my oily skin, and has great coverage.It looks a bit "powdery" at first but it's a powdered foundation, and it looks great after it has a few hours to setlle into your skin. I highly recommend trying it. I used studio fix powder for years and this is much better. The price is good to for the amount of product you get. My only complaint is that they need more color selections.

on 1/12/2015 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally! A decent, non-oxidizing, natural looking foundation powder!!!

The Sephora make-up artist offered to brush some on me in the store. She used a kabuki brush and really buffed the powder into my skin hard, way harder than I ever would. About 3 layers later, I looked in the mirror. My face looked great; even in colour and translucent enough that some of my minor flaws/freckles still showed through. I actually prefer this kind of "see-through" finish. It's natural, and I don't look like I'm hiding behind a thick mask of makeup. I could see the contours of my checkbones shining though, so I felt like I had some dimension. I was not matte-flat, as they say. It lasts pretty good, does NOT turn orange-y (YESSSSSS) and acts as a good base for eye makeup too.

I'm not a fan of the packaging, however. A mirror would be greatly appreciated. The packaging looks very cheap. But I can live with that, because it's really about the powder.

If you see my other reviews, you'll notice that this is the only review of foundation powder that I've given positive feedback on. I've wasted waaaaaaay too much money on compact powders and haven't been really satisfied with the lot of the them. This powder is good though. Thanks, MakeupAlley reviewers, I wouldn't have tried this powder without reading your awesome reviews on it first!

on 11/29/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in the market for a new powder foundation as my PF solar powder in translucent is nowhere to be found anymore. So thanks for the reviews ladies. I'm really liking this over bb cream . I use it to even out my skin---I prefer two light layers rather than one heavy layer. My skin looks so even and soft--this is really great! It covers some discolorations, pigmentation, acne marks and does so without being visible and mask-like. Hurray for a great powder!! And it doesn't contain bismuth or chemical sunscreens.

My only qualm with this one is the colors. I'm an NW 20 so I bought the shade that is second lightest. It's about a quarter shade too light and leans toward the yellow tones. But it seems to brighten my face and I use bronzer so I'm hoping this will work. I wish they had some cooler tones in the light shades.

I've tried many powders and powder foundations. I've always liked baked products and this powder is the reason why. Good price, no bells or whistles compact. Works for me --hope it works for you too!