April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Organic Anti-Breakage Hair Masque Yucca & Baobab

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this hair masque for my naturally fine, thin, curly, high porous hair (3c) for the following reasons:

1. It works! I didn't follow the directions on how to use it but I did apply it after I co-washed my hair. I made sure my hair was damp prior to applying it, wrapped my hair in a bun, put a plastic cap over my hair and put a turban twist towel over the cap to help trap my bodies natural body heat. I cleaned up my place for about an hour and then hopped back into the shower and washed it out thoroughly with luke warm water. I could not believe how soft, moisturized, thick and strong my hair felt...so happy!!

2. The ingredients are amazing! Many natural, nourishing and moisturizing ingredients in this masque.
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive) , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Ammonium Salt (Conditioner) , Yucca Filamentosa Extract , Vegetable Protein , Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab) , Biotin , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Rosemary Extract , Bamboo Extract , Sorbitol Esters , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

3. Price is spot on! For all of the yummy, healthy ingredients in the masque, I believe the cost is totally worth it!! Plus the container is 12 oz!! Many natural hair products tend to have a higher price tag and definitely a smaller container size. So I love that many of Shea Moistures products are pocket friendly!! Also, I have mid-back length hair and this product thoroughly coated my hair nicely without having to use a lot of the product. I'm guessing if I use this masque once a week, I will probably get 8 uses out of the tub...a bargain for a multi-purpose product! And to top all of that off, Shea Moisture products are constantly on sale (buy 1, get 1 50% off) at Walgreens and discounted a couple of dollars during Target sales. The highest I've seen SM products in a brick and mortar stor is $11.99 for any product of any line.

4. I love that this product comes in a tub because the mask is very thick and creamy and it makes applying the mask to my hair easier because I don't have to worry about picking up a bottle with slippery hands.

5. It is easy to get my hands on this stuff. I live in NY and I can buy Shea Moisture products at Walgreens, Target, Sallys Beauty Supply, Harmon Face Value, and other local beauty supply stores...and of course many internet stores.

The only downside to this product (and practically all of Shea Moistures products) is the scent! It is on the strong floral side. I love the way this line smells (honeysuckle), but it is a tad strong especially in the container. Thankfully once this product is washed out, it leaves a lighter floral scent.

Bottom line, if your hair is similar to mine, I HIGHLY recommend you try this product. I'm so happy I finally purchased this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the consistency of this masque. It's very light and whipped. It makes my hair feel thicker and stronger. I usually mix it with a few tsp of oil (olive, avocado,jojoba) and let it sit under a plastic cap for at least an hour. I don't know if I will buy it again but when I run out I'll try something else from this line!

--update--
I read a few other reviews and noticed someone said this made her hair feel rough. I can kind of understand that and I want to say that I personally use this as more of a protein treatment. It will strengthen your hair and thicken it up. But it won't make it very shiny and soft. Do a quick moisture masque afterwards and maybe a leave in.

--update--
I didn't end up repurchasing this because I found other deep conditioners that I liked more. I've also lost interest in this product line. I don't want a conditioner that forces me to mix it with other products. I used up the whole jar but it wasn't good enough to recommend.By itself it didn't leave my hair soft and didn't add shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by exoticrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is, without a doubt, my HG hair masque! :)
One of the main problems I've had with finding review-worthy hair and skin products is that what you see isn't always what you get. In a sea of hair masques, each company is going to try and stand out by printing the most enticing claim on its labels: "Infused with real shea butter! Moisturizes with avocado oil!" But if you glance at the list of ingredients to see what's really in the products, you'll find that many of them are made mostly of fillers and garbage ... with aforementioned avocado oil right at the bottom of the list.
That's not the case with Shea Moisture's Yucca & Baobab Anti-Breakage Masque. It's full-to-the-brim with healthy ingredients for your hair. (Speaking of shea butter, it's second on the list!) It deeply moisturizes my fragile, chemically-straightened strands without making my hair feel greasy or weighing it down. And it makes my hair so easy to comb - even after I wash all of the product out, I still have great slip. Goodbye, breakage! :)
I also love the scent - herbal, fresh, and slightly sweet. It's a bit strong at first, but it does fade and is a lot less noticeable by the time I've dried my hair.
Those with thicker or drier hair may need something more moisturizing (such as the Raw Shea Butter Restorative Masque in the same line), but you should totally give this a try if you have fine hair! :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Sessimeh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have armpit length relaxed, heavily highlighted hair which was in need of some serious pampering. I bought this after hearing a good review on you tube, I must say I am impressed, this has a very thick consistency and a little goes a long way. It really did stop my hair from breaking off, and I did not have to moisturise as much as usual. Well worth the 10.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Tsukichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this masque. I've used it once after shampooing and left it in for about 10 minutes. (The directions say to leave it in anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes.) Upon application, the masque felt nice and thick and my hair seemed to just soak it up. My hair is fine and wavy and at the moment falling out a lot due to medication and jacked up hormones, so I was looking for anything to bring some luster and life back into the hair I still have. After rinsing it out, my hair felt a little coarse, but I decided not to use my normal conditioner just to see how my hair would be after the masque. As my hair started to dry, I noticed the ends curling up and my hair getting a little fluffy looking, which doesn't usually happen when I air-dry. After drying almost 100% I ran my fingers through my hair and it felt so dry and roughed up! WHAT! Where's the silky, shiney, conditioned hair???
So I'm on the fence about this one because the ingredients that are in this should add up to an awesome product! My hair is a little more voluminous straight out of the shower, but it also looks dry at the ends and lacks a healthy sheen. The fragrance is nice if you don't mind smelling like a bush of Honeysuckle. I'm going to keep using this until it's gone, and maybe I'll experiment with time and/or heat, but I can't say I'll be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Lsmith5481

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i wanted to write about the volumizing conditioner but i can't find it in the add review list. anyway i have been using both of these for a couple months and don't really notice less breakage i am losing a lot of hair lately idk from medications i take or what but i think that it does make it stronger (the hair) the only problem is that why i am losing hair is my follicles are enlarged so maybe stronger hair makes that problem worse? but as far as for breakage which i also have i think it helps and it does give my hair a lot of volume where if you saw my hair done and down you would think i have great full hair but when it's pulled up you can see spots of baldness that i never had before. not sure what to add to stop the enlarging maybe purifying/clarifying type shampoos??? ok and then also what i notice with this stuff is it makes my hair so much harder that it's not as pliable when rinsing out the conditioner and more stiff...normally conditiners would make it so soft you can just run ur fingers easily thru it all and feel each and every strand individual but with this if i were to do that i would break more off for sure so i just kinda have to shake it thru but i feel like it might be strengthening it so i don't mind and also my hair is so bad i loose it with regular conditioner when i do that so it's not much difference. and then afterwards even tho it's still soft and everything like normal it seems like it helps a lot with flyaways and frizz and that sort of thing. even tho it ok so then the smell is nice i love it love perfumy stuff but it's somewaht fresh idk guess the honeysuckle and like it can mix and match with whatever i wear for perfume but you gotta be careful about it cuz it's real strong but on the other hand it can be the only fragrance you use at all. also i use the masque on my toe nails i have some problems with lately cuz of the biotin and it helps out with that to speed up effectiveness of other products.

oh and i should say that when it was more hard i was using once a week henna & placenta mask and also the cocunut hibiscus styling products.. i have just been using these conditioners for a couple weeks and it's a lot more soft. so now i'm starting the styling products again and see how that turns out but i have more hair loss than when i used the mask so i think maybe just use it every other week or even once a month instead of once a week like they all work together and make your hair super compacted and hard when it's wet. it's fine dry tho so not sure how big of a problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A great hair treatment that makes my hair so soft, detangled and moisturized. It does help with preventing breakage as well. I use this product as a deep conditioner, as well as, a pre poo treatment. Update: I'm also using this product as a styler when I put my hair into twists.