April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Hair Color - Marc Anthony Easy-Lites

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Crystallarium

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Easy-Lites a while ago and never used them. My hair is probably about 80% gray and I get highlights and low lights put in. After my last visit at the salon, there was a section where I felt like the low lights were a little thick. I remembered I had this product and thought I would try putting in just a few small sections to break up the low light. I pulled out a few strands of hair and was afraid to just spray it on the strands because I didn't want the product to go on other sections of my hair so I sprayed it in my hand and applied it to the strands with my fingers. I quickly ran the flatiron through once when the ends of my hair literally burned off! Fortunately it was just a very small section so it won't be noticeable. The instructions said to run the flatiron through your hair numerous times but I wasn't about to do that...I probably would have lost that section of hair. Not to mention it didn't even lighten one bit. I guess I should have known better that this product would actually work. This is a warning to beware before you consider buying this!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by SwimMerBabeStef

I dont think this product even deserves 1 out of 5!!!! This product RUINED RUINED RUINED my hair beyond repair!! My hair lifterally broke off!!! BEWARE LADIES: DO NOT EVER USE MARC ANTHONYS EASY LITES UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE BALD!!
Mr. Marc Anthony should issue an apology for putting out the WORST highlighting product ever! It should be called Easy hair frying removal!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mchorton77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, now my "natural" hair color is as about as dark as espresso but I'm a light neutral-ashy bleached blonde. When my regrowth comes in it's like I'm a skunk! I bleached my hair & touch up my own roots (by the way my hair is long and soft, not fried). I touched up my roots last night & because of the natural heat from my scalp got "hot roots", my hair was lighter on top tan on the "ponytail" part. I almost put it through yet another damaging process with toner and peroxide to even it out. I was at walgreens and decided to give this stuff a whirl. I dampend the darker part of my hair and sprayed this stuff on the darker part after brushing it though, I used gloves & it didn't smell great but was much more tolerable than bleach or toner. I blow dryed the heck out of it especially on my ends and voila! Fixed in one go. I haven't washed it I only re-dampened the part I applied it to as yes it was a bit dry (duh) then applied this expensive spray (also from walgreens @ $20+ a bottle) to the damp part and combed through- worked like a charm! I may do it another time or two to refresh. I hope it helps regrowth too. Again, I would say for blondes (or whatever 7 lift or higher) only though.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by hdjeddi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

horrible product I have brown to red color hair and i didn't work for me I tried it on two parts of my hair and it damaged it even I saw a small flame on my hair when I ironed it after applying it
STAY AWAY from this product and never let them take your money

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by erinbeauty96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay let me start off by saying that this product is so terrible. I hate it & I will return it. I don't usually like returning products, but this stuff is so shit that yes, I want my 8 bucks back. I got this at Walmart, thinking hey, that's a great way to kind of ombre my hair without damaging it that much. I watched a couple demo videos on YouTube & it worked for all of them- at least the ones i watched. My hair colour is dark brown, but it's naturally jet black. I tried it for the first time with a cheap straightener and it did nothing. I was like okay maybe, I need a more expensive straightener that gets a bit hotter. But I was wrong it still did nothing. Again, I thought hey, maybe it needs to be soaking wet for it to work, but you guessed it.. It did nothing. I tried to do it several times to see if it works after a few applications but again I was wrong. At the end, I just have up because my hair looked & felt like it was so brittle & weak. I mean I understand that this has hydrogen peroxide in it but I think even if I just put plain hydrogen peroxide in my hair it would give me better results & wouldn't damage my hair as much. I really wish this worked, cause it really is a great concept.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by xkajal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'll start off by saying I have extremely thick, jet black hair. This product worked wonders for me. I didn't want anything too dramatic and I wasn't willing to spend $100+ for something that I didn't want. I ended up doing a light ombre which went great. Since my hair is really dark, I did use most of the bottle but considering how much I lightened and how light it actually got, it was worth it. It looks great in the sun and certain types of lighting. Beware though, it might damage your hair (and I say might because mine turned out fine). Just deep condition afterwards and you should be fine. Also, make sure that you know what you're doing and that you're sure you want lightened hair. There are no go backs with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by illbefloating

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yay! I love this stuff! I quit highlighting my hair because I like the natural color. But, for some weird reason, the hair at the very front of my face comes in dull. And the few greys I have have mischeviously decided up front is the best place to show up. So . . . a few of these highlights at the very front evens out the color, disguises the greys, and generally perks things up. The color ends up pretty much an exact match for my natural color. Cheap, easy. All that said, I can see how it might be drying if you try to use it all over. I just do a good deep conditioner after I highlight, and I haven't had any problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Iluvstrawberries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The results are more subtle than I expected but definitely noticeable if you compare the bleached hair with the natural. I was going for subtle but would have liked more of a difference than this. I have Asian hair and it turned it slightly browner (not brassy yay). It did not damage my hair at all though I conditioned and used olive oil after taking a shower.

I will try again in a few weeks and see if the second time around, the lightening will show up better.

This is not for you if you have dark hair and are looking for a more blonde contrast.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Marie2357

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It doesn't work.
I saw the good reviews and videos and tried it.
NO RESULT.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by aangella777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEWARE, this product totally broke my hair off and my hair is SO MESSED UP, and I am putting it nicely. My hair was not in bad condition before, but this just completely fried my hair!