Orly ingenue

on 8/9/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful plum/gold chameleon. Lovely over other colors or on its own, but if used alone at least three thin coats are required for a nice solid color. Super smooth application, as with all of the Orly lacquers I've tried to date.

I uploaded a photo, this was four coats of Ingenue alone. It's absolutely stunning!

Edit: I'm also uploading a photo of my current application! This time I used one coat of Jamberry's Mulberry under two coats of Orly Ingenue. It really brings out the plum base and gives the color more depth!

on 12/25/2014 12:33:00 PM

This is such a beautiful color. I picked it up at Sally on impulse, and in store and in bottle it looks very multi-faceted, kind of coppery and taupe-ish and sometimes with hints of gold or touches of rose and wine and amethyst, though gold-taupe and almost black in some lights. It's really hard to describe but it really stood out to me. Well, I applied it, and it's a bit sheer so I used four coats (if people say they use two coats, I always need three, etc., for some reason, so maybe I apply thinner coats), but it is just gorgeous. It's shimmery and shiny and duochrome-ish. It looks like a rose-amethyst jelly with gold or taupe shimmers. It dried to a good, shiny finish, too, without tackiness.

Can I just start out and say I love these grippy covers! It has never been so easy for me to open a bottle of nail polish! Where have they been all my life?!?

Anyways, this duochrome is gorgeous, it reminds me of rose gold or champange. I havent really seen another color out there like it! Goes on pretty good, I used about 3 coats to maximize the color effects. I hope to see this last a while on my toes!

on 10/18/2012 9:58:00 AM

Love this color and get a lot of compliments because it looks gold with pinky undertones but then can look totally different. It has lasted over a week before it chipped I did apply a topcoat. It's a great Fall color that looks good with browns and my Naked 2 palette. I was looking for a color to match the nude/neutral look I have been into and this color is perfect.

It gives you a color that you can wear anywhere and it's not loud and in your face. Just really beautiful. I do recommend it for the price it's worth it. It dries fast and lasts for days and I was rough with my nails so in that aspect it really holds up.

on 5/25/2012 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I thought this was a kind of taupe, mid-toned and innocuous from trying to judge on ebay photos....but it is really a lot of really beautifully judged pale gold sparkle suspended in a deep dirty flesh pink base. It looks absolutely fantastic in a punky low key yet startling way. It lays low when you are doing mundane things but goes wild when you want to express yourself. The fact that I'm unfamiliar with this effect gives away my years!!
Out of my sudden acquisition of a painters' palette of nail colour this would be one of he few I would want to always keep...

Popular Polishes