Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 7/5/2015 12:43:00 PM

I have tried several drugstore BB and CC creams, and I've been disappointed by them all. They were either too greasy or too dry and cakey, and because I'm so pale, finding a shade that was even close to my skin was a nightmare. I honestly bought this knowing that I was going to put it on and be angry again about it making me orange or something.

But then I used it and couldn't believe what I saw when it finally soaked into my skin. It didn't turn me orange! I didn't get greasy! It was a miracle.

I have very fair and very sensitive combination skin that's prone to breakouts. So far (I've had it 2-3 weeks), this hasn't caused me to break out worse and it actually does an ok job of "blurring imperfections" as the tube claims. I don't know how because the formula is more like a tinted moisturizer, but it does.

A year ago, I couldn't have imagined walking out the door without full coverage foundation and concealer to cover any acne, but this does just enough covering (blurring, whatever) to satisfy me. It tones down my reddness all over and doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup.

After a while, I do get oily, so I use blotting papers. I set my makeup with a spray, and that seems to help. I also haven't really noticed it rubbing off on anything.

Pros:
Sunscreen
Lightweight
Natural look
Pale enough to match my very fair skin
Reasonable coverage
Price
Wears pretty good all day
Seems to work well under foundation

Cons:
It does make me a little greasy after a while (probably the sunscreen)

I wear this under foundation quite often for the benefit of the built-in sunscreen and moisturizer. I prefer something with more coverage. It also does not stay in place. It is NOT long-lasting at all. Disappears after about five hours of wear (even with primer and setting powder). Not great for oily skin, either.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I see way to many people complaining about the coverage. To be perfectly honest, I feel like that's giving the BB cream an unjust review, because there's no claim that this will cover any acne or bumps. It says sheer TINT on the front, this isn't meant to cover up acne or problematic skin, it's meant to just blur the look of imperfections and even out the skin tone. And for that, I think it does a good job. It has an SPF of 30 which is great. I don't use this with anything underneath, I just put this straight onto clean skin, but I still use concealer over my blemishes, but other then that I don't use it to cover anything else. Leaves the skin looking fresh and dewy, and it's super light, almost so light you feel like you're not wearing any makeup. It is long lasting on my skin and I'm oily. It doesn't break me out, and overall it's great for those days I don't wanna put on a full face. Keep in mind again, this is sheer, very light coverage. So if you're looking for something with coverage, stay away from this.

on 6/30/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love Maybelline, it's probably my favorite drug store brand but this product did nothing for me. No coverage whatsoever. If you have oily, sensitive, blemish prone or acne prone skin this product will do nothing for you. Total waste of money. It actually made me wonder about the point of bb creams when you need at least minimum coverage.

on 6/28/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

If you have dry to normal skin then ignore this post because this product will probably work very nicely for you. The coverage was extremely minimal on this and when wore off within the hour. It didn't cover any of my imperfections or "blur" them like it said. It moisturized nicely and protects from sun. But the coverage s very dewy making my already oily skin look more oily and shiny. It almost made my skin look worse. It did brighten my face though so thats one plus and was very light feeling on the skin. If you have oily skin don't even glance at this product.

on 6/26/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I overall love the product itself. It really helps the discoloration in my skin and it doesn't feel Cakey at all. I have tons of bottles

on 6/23/2015 9:42:00 PM

I wanted to like this BB cream, I really did. I am a combination to dry skin I would say, and even this set with powder made me look so incredibly oily after a couple of hours. I wouldn't dare wear it longer than that because I know I would be an oily mess. I even tried it on completely bare skin and set it with powder and had the same results. It's very hot out so that could contribute to the oiliness of my skin, but bb creams are made for the summer months. I do love the physicians formula super bb cream. It has a lot better coverage and controls oil better. I will not be repurchasing this!

on 6/22/2015 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok so this product doesn't make my skin dry or make me break out and it covers pretty well...for the first few hours of the day. By the end of my school day, my face looks so gross if I don't use powder with it. It clings to my skin and my skin absorbs it and I just look gross by the time I get home. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty okay product just make sure you use a powder with it. I have used neutrogena mineral sheers loose powder foundation and clinique acne solutions powder makeup and both work amazing. So I recommend this product very very strongly just make sure you use powder with it and it's great

on 6/12/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love this product! Honestly one of the only products that will work with my skin and I've been using it since it first came out. Foundation and even other tinted moisturizers and bb creams always make my skin look cakey.. I also have a fine layer of peach fuzz on a lot of my face and the makeup always shows up but this blends right into my skin, it's definitely not heavy duty coverage but it blurs all the imperfections on my skins and really evens it out. Even though it's light coverage it really makes a huge difference. My sister's trying to get me onto more high end makeup products which is great but I definitely don't plan on replacing my maybelline bb cream anytime soon :)

on 6/11/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

COVER: This product barely covered any imperfections on my skin, my redness still shone through. The product clings to my dry skin horribly, and in-fact accentuates my under-eye circles. It gives me a greasy look to my face whilst also looking cakey on my skin! Also the lightest shade they had still seemed to be too dark for my face, so the colour choice is poor.

SMELL: This stuff smells disgusting! The smell of it alone put me off wanting to put it on my face, but I did and the results were below average. Leaves my face smelling horrible afterwards.

PACKAGING: Personally, I think the packaging dispenses too much product at one time, as the product itself is very runny and lightweight. The packaging also looks too cheap for me.

USES: Did not do A N Y T H I N G to my dry skin, did not even skin-tone, hydrate, cover imperfections. It did not do a single thing it promised.

OVERALL: Would not buy this product again! Actually bought it on a whim, looking for a lightweight product I could wear without looking caked in makeup, even for the price (which is reasonable) I would not buy this again. Totally not worth it for me!