December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Pressed Powders - Clarins - Ever Matte mineral powder compact

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

This is one of my all time favourites.

Have had this in transparent - fair, works well. Like the natural, satin finish.

I'm really oily, so will need a few extra touch up during the day, but that i would need with every powder. Better with a sheer finish than dead looking too matt finish, i think.

Pricy but worth buying, usually buy it from taxfree so get it for less money :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by carloscrave

This one just lasts for 1 hour i think, when you put it on your face it's just invisible, I like that for a natural finish, but it doesnt lasts the time I want (using the sponge or a brush, its a similir finish). Also it doesn't have SFP and it smells like perfume (so good, but bad for your skin sometimes). The package is nice, but it fills of fingerprints and that's so bad. I would recommend this one for the people who like to be retouching all day and for people with combination skin, I think this wouldn't be good for those who have oily skin because it doesn't lasts all day, as I told.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I bought this specifically for touch-ups during the day. I wanted a 'pretty' compact that had a good product in it for taking away my oiliness.

I'm not uber thrilled with the product. It's just OK. There's no stand-out characteristic about this. it's just a pressed powder that controls shine. While I find the packaging beautiful, and the formulation of the powder is very nice, I'm not sure I'd recommend this to anyone and most definitely will not repurchase.

I really don't recommend using this as a powder foundation either. It's not marketed that way (at least I don't think it is), but I tried to wear it over a primer and it turned very splotchy and eventually melted off.

I got the color light and it matches my NC25 skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Updated **** I still like this for its wonderful feel and natural finish, but it does not to the main thing that I expect a face powder to do: keep my face from getting shiny. So I downgraded it to 2 lippies. Those with dryer skin might really like this though. **** I just bought this to replace my Chanel powder compact (great finish and colour, but very poor at combating shine). I wasn't aware that this was a "mineral" powder, but never mind. I got shade 01, which is excellent for me as it is yellow-based. This is _not_ a powder foundation, so doesn't have much coverage - which is what I prefer. For me a powder should fix foundation and matify, while ideally looking as if there is nothing on the skin.

So, I've only used this 2 days so far but I'm very impressed. Even when applied with the crappy applicator (as I didn't have my brush handy), it applied beautifully and left a non-cakey, natural matte finish. The staying powder was quite decent: I have combination skin with surface dryness yet I get shiny very easily - a strange and unwelcome characteristic! This lasted a good few hours before I needed a touch up (in warm weather, with emollient moisturiser underneath foundation =shine city!). Applying with a buff will definitely give a more lasting finish than brushing it on, as I discovered today. What I like is that it kept my foundation (Chanel Mat Lumiere in "clair") looking virtually perfect the whole day, even when the shine broke through. Touching up did not create cakiness. I hope it will keep performing like this - dare I say it I hope I'm on to a winner here!

Scent: none that I can detect. Packaging: plasticky gold, not chic exactly. Puff inside is rubbish, but the mirror is good and large, and the lid opens wide. I thought the price was nice, but then realised that the compact only holds 10g as opposed to the Chanel 15g - so not that cheap actually. But I would most probably buy this again.

EDIT: yes it IS scented - strange that I didn't notice at first. There is quite a strong floral scent.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No