April 21, 2014 | 1027 users online

Brows - Etude - Etude House-Drawing Eye Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by relativelystoic

Been using this for years. Never fails :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by louisetrle

This product is soooo cheap and it works excellent! If you want a natural look, you can just fill in your brows where you need it and blend it with the brush in the other end. If you want a more defined look you can do that as well. The product is easy to handle and it lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by rillensora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good eyebrow pencils are really hard to find. The only one I have found, drugstore or brand, to rival this one is by Shu Uemura, and you can guess which one gives better value for the money! Both pencils have a triangular shape (perfect to draw in brows) and just the right consistency (very hard, deposits only a slight line with each stroke, the better to build up shadow from light to dark gradually): the Shu, however, must be sharpened, and it doesn't have the brush on the other end that the Etude has. I like the twisty crayon format of the Etude much better.

Another thing I like about this product is the color range. The more colors a product line has, the more difficult it is to make a return on it. So I was pleasantly surprised that such a cheapo brand would make such a wide range of shades for such a humble product as an eyebrow pencil. Mine's gray-brown (I think), and it's the perfect color to shade in Asian eyebrows. Remember, when you're drawing in eyebrows, it's the shadows of the hairs you're replicating, not the hairs themselves. Most Korean eyebrow pencils / powders are either very dark or very brown. I was pleased that there were more gray shades in this line. It's a better match for me than LM Brow Definer, which was my former everyday brow product - that just turned out too brown for me, even though it's the grayest product among Western brands.

My only gripe is with the packaging. The cap gets really loose after a while and even falls off. Considering that a main attraction of this product is the portability, it's a failure that significantly detracts from the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this for one year and it's the only brow pencil I will use - whoever said that dark brown eyebrow pencils are suitable for Asians with sparse black brows is clearly wrong. I've tried many eyebrow pencils by Western brands but not one looked natural on my brows.

I use #5 Grey which matches my not-quite-black sparse brows and dark brown-black hair perfectly and makes me look as if I have naturally pretty dark and full brows. It has a waxy texture and is lightly pigmented which is excellent for preventing heavily drawn on brows. The attached spoolie does a brilliant job of softening the drawn in brows. It looks so wonderfully natural that my friends have never noticed that I had drawn in my brows until I told them! I've only one complaint - on humid days, the colour fades and disappears if I don't use an eyebrow gel over it. If you use an eyebrow gel / coat, the product will last all day. It's cheap and cost-effective with one eyebrow pencil lasting me 10 months (I use it around 5 times a week). This is my go-to brow product and I'm satisfied with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW I love this. I use benefit brow zing, gimmie brow and the mabelline pencil. All work great. I have a little trouble with the thin pencils. I get a good fill but I can be a little heavy handed and I get break off. Because I work two jobs I do have to tote my makeup with me a couple times a week so I try not to deal with bulky packaging. I love my brow zing but it's bulky, with two little brushes that I worry about loosing.

I mainly tried this due to the colors available. I tried the grey-brown (taupe) because my brows are dark brown and thick but brown pencil tends to look plastic weird on me. When I got this pencil I was pleased. The product is triangular shaped a little thicker product and perfect for a heavy hander like me. I put this on and BAM! Beautiful creamy application an it set in a fair amount of time. Being taupe it blended so naturally with my own brows filling in where I need it to go. I got a full day no wearing off by just using a little clear brow gel.

This is also a VERY inexpensive product. Yes it is international but Amazon has several merchants that carry this and I've never paid more than $2.50 and some shipping is free.

The pencil holds a fair amount of product but i'm going to get a couple extra in reseve this is definitly going to be my "on the go" brow product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in grey and grey brown. Grey is the perfect match for me, and looks extremely natural. It lasts all day, even better than MUFE Aqua Brow that's supposed to be waterproof, and way cheaper! I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

because this is so nice, it is always out of stock!! bought 10 of these to give out to my friends and family and they all love it!!:-) I want to buy some more!!! cheers to nice eyebrows!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I'm 28 but I didn't start to pay any attention to my brows until 3 yrs ago. My eyebrows are complicated,they're not thin by any means but I have sparse eyebrows even tho' the hair can grow pretty long that I have to trim them every few weeks. I also have a scar from adult chicken pox back when I was 21. I tried filling my brows with eyebrow pencil (I forgot what brand) but the result was too intense,maybe because I'm heavy handed with my makeup application. I've been steering away from pencil ever since and use brow powder to achive the natural look. I heard the rave reviews on this eyebrow pencil and decided to give this a try,I bought it online for <$5. I picked the shade #2 (gray brown) because I have naturally dark hair with brown undertone. I love how easy it is to apply and love the slanted triangle tip. It comes with a spoolie,very handy to blend everything together. I also love that they sell refills for it,less waste on the packaging. This become my HG eyebrow pencil,but my Skinfood Choco eyebrow cake is still my HG brow powder. Love them both!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by tootyfruitie

the best eyebrow product I have EVER tried. got this in Grey, and it looks REALLY natural on my asian greyish-black brows.

also, the shape of this pencil is just genius. it helps to fill in the start and end of my brows almost effortlessly. normal point-shaped pencils just makes the coloring looks too harsh.

would repurchase this over and over!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jewelishappy

I really love this product , its affordable yet very easy to use :) however there are times that the crayon can easily break off if you put too much pressure when applying it on your brows. Plus the brush wand is so easy to use as well. Thumbs up!