Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

4.7

iron oxide, hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, mica, water Soeno vegetable oil, zinc stearate, stearic acid, carnauba wax, triisostearate polyglyceryl-2, tocopherol, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, ascorbyl palmitate hexylene glycol

on 5/4/2015 2:14:00 PM

Affordable, colour is great for my brows (got the one in #5 grey), it's so quick and easy to use. The triangular shape makes it so much easier to make the brows an equal "height" at the start, which has shortened the time I take to do my brows. The amount of pigment is just right, not too much because brows that are too dark can add drama to the face. I just want a natural looking brow that has some sparse areas filled in, and some added structure to the start of my brows.

Nothing to complain about with the spoolie side. Packaging could be cuter, otherwise, love this product!

on 3/22/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I use this product in Dark Grey. It's around $8 CAD, bought on eBay with free shipping. It matches my black hair nicely and has a decent amount of product. It has a twist bottom, so there's no need for any sharpening. It also has a spoolie, which is great for combing your brows before you begin. This is my favourite brow product I've used so far!

on 3/15/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought this twice already. I've bought it in dark grey and grey and its amazing for the price!!!!!! It does run out quite fast though so if you use it everyday it will probably only last you about 1-2 months. Sometimes I find myself having to rub it with a bit more strength than I want to on my eyebrows but other than that this product is a must have!

on 2/22/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally was going to buy Anastasia's Brow Wiz pencil in grey brown (ash brown?), but the price lead me to look for a dupe. I ordered the Etude House brow pencil in #2 grey brown for $5 on Amazon. This is by far the best brow pencil I've used. It looks very natural and applies lightly for buildable coverage. I would repurchase.

on 1/14/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the perfect eyebrow pencil. The color (#2) is very natural looking and the formulation goes on smoothly. Lastly the slanted shape of the pencil makes for effortless application. So happy to have found my hg eyebrow pencil.

on 1/8/2015 11:29:00 AM

I'm a beginner in eyebrow product and glad this is my first choice for eyebrow pencil.
Not only it is cheap but it is also reliable.
Long lasting and not too bold so it makes my eyebrows look natural.
Definitely going to buy the refill.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Bought this in Black Brown for my NC20-25 skin tone, brunette coloured hair. Paid around USD $6.50 delivered for two pencils. This is HG status for me as the color is so natural and long lasting (9hours).

See this blog post for a more detailed review, before and after pictures and where to buy.

on 10/12/2014 7:21:00 AM

*HG* Wow. I don't ordinarily write positive reviews until I've really put a product through its paces, but rarely have I been almost instantly won over -- enough to elevate this to HG status after just 3 weeks.

For a while, I had been using the Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil for lack of anything better on the market. I've tried them all, high-end and drugstore (my previous HG was Chanel Sculpte Sourcils before they stopped selling the ash blond color in the US). The Etude pencil blows the Chanel out of the water.

Me: Korean, dark brown/black hair, oily skin, sparse brows that disappear at the ends. I want a brow that looks full and natural, but groomed -- so not a severe thin arch but not the thick, blurry look either.

Color: I got 2 of these -- grey(#5) and grey-brown(#2), and they both work. I've been using the grey more, mainly because it's lighter and I'm still getting the hang of how to get the most natural effect. So far, I think the best is to first use the grey for overall shaping, then the grey-brown for added definition if I feel it's needed.

Wear: The longest wearing pencil I've ever tried. Generally, anything with true staying power has been too severe-looking (pens/markers), while the more natural-looking products dissolve in my oiliness after a few hours max. This stays put as long as I don't disrupt it by accidentally rubbing it; I've been able to blot carefully without the need to reapply (and this through some fairly warm late summer weather), which is pretty amazing in my book.

Packaging: Love the spoolie at the other end. It really is the best for prepping (brush off the makeup/powder so my brows don't look ashy) and finishing (lightly blend any harsh lines without erasing it totally). Love that the pencil is retractable. My only quibble is the shape of the actual product, which is an elongated triangle on a slant. It's possible I just haven't mastered this yet, but I find it hard to manipulate the blunt end to get the more defined look I'm going for. I feel I would have more control over a finer point to fill in individual eyebrow hairs. It's a shame, because this is the perfect texture for the individual hair approach: soft enough to look natural, but pigmented enough to create hairs -- or, rather, the shadow of hairs.

Overall, though, very excited to have found this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent product from etude. Natural color, blending perfectly and very easy to use. I am a beginner in drawing eye brow and I don't want my eye brow becomes so weird like when I see some of my friend use pencil to draw it. But, when I find this product I can draw my eyebrow with natural looking and I recommended it to all my friends.
Thanks Etude.
Love this product so much ^^

on 7/28/2014 8:55:00 AM

Extremely affordable especially if you purchase this in Korea. The angled tip is perfectly suited to the shape of the eyebrows. The brush at the other end makes usage very convenient.

Popular Brows Products