Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

4.7

iron oxide, hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, mica, water Soeno vegetable oil, zinc stearate, stearic acid, carnauba wax, triisostearate polyglyceryl-2, tocopherol, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, ascorbyl palmitate hexylene glycol

on 2/22/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I originally was going to buy Anastasia's Brow Wiz pencil in grey brown (ash brown?), but the price lead me to look for a dupe. I ordered the Etude House brow pencil in #2 grey brown for $5 on Amazon. This is by far the best brow pencil I've used. It looks very natural and applies lightly for buildable coverage. I would repurchase.

on 1/14/2015 9:50:00 PM

This is the perfect eyebrow pencil. The color (#2) is very natural looking and the formulation goes on smoothly. Lastly the slanted shape of the pencil makes for effortless application. So happy to have found my hg eyebrow pencil.

on 1/8/2015 11:29:00 AM

I'm a beginner in eyebrow product and glad this is my first choice for eyebrow pencil.
Not only it is cheap but it is also reliable.
Long lasting and not too bold so it makes my eyebrows look natural.
Definitely going to buy the refill.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Bought this in Black Brown for my NC20-25 skin tone, brunette coloured hair. Paid around USD $6.50 delivered for two pencils. This is HG status for me as the color is so natural and long lasting (9hours).

See this blog post for a more detailed review, before and after pictures and where to buy.

on 10/12/2014 7:21:00 AM

*HG* Wow. I don't ordinarily write positive reviews until I've really put a product through its paces, but rarely have I been almost instantly won over -- enough to elevate this to HG status after just 3 weeks.

For a while, I had been using the Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil for lack of anything better on the market. I've tried them all, high-end and drugstore (my previous HG was Chanel Sculpte Sourcils before they stopped selling the ash blond color in the US). The Etude pencil blows the Chanel out of the water.

Me: Korean, dark brown/black hair, oily skin, sparse brows that disappear at the ends. I want a brow that looks full and natural, but groomed -- so not a severe thin arch but not the thick, blurry look either.

Color: I got 2 of these -- grey(#5) and grey-brown(#2), and they both work. I've been using the grey more, mainly because it's lighter and I'm still getting the hang of how to get the most natural effect. So far, I think the best is to first use the grey for overall shaping, then the grey-brown for added definition if I feel it's needed.

Wear: The longest wearing pencil I've ever tried. Generally, anything with true staying power has been too severe-looking (pens/markers), while the more natural-looking products dissolve in my oiliness after a few hours max. This stays put as long as I don't disrupt it by accidentally rubbing it; I've been able to blot carefully without the need to reapply (and this through some fairly warm late summer weather), which is pretty amazing in my book.

Packaging: Love the spoolie at the other end. It really is the best for prepping (brush off the makeup/powder so my brows don't look ashy) and finishing (lightly blend any harsh lines without erasing it totally). Love that the pencil is retractable. My only quibble is the shape of the actual product, which is an elongated triangle on a slant. It's possible I just haven't mastered this yet, but I find it hard to manipulate the blunt end to get the more defined look I'm going for. I feel I would have more control over a finer point to fill in individual eyebrow hairs. It's a shame, because this is the perfect texture for the individual hair approach: soft enough to look natural, but pigmented enough to create hairs -- or, rather, the shadow of hairs.

Overall, though, very excited to have found this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent product from etude. Natural color, blending perfectly and very easy to use. I am a beginner in drawing eye brow and I don't want my eye brow becomes so weird like when I see some of my friend use pencil to draw it. But, when I find this product I can draw my eyebrow with natural looking and I recommended it to all my friends.
Thanks Etude.
Love this product so much ^^

on 7/28/2014 8:55:00 AM

Extremely affordable especially if you purchase this in Korea. The angled tip is perfectly suited to the shape of the eyebrows. The brush at the other end makes usage very convenient.

I have high end and low end brow pencils and this is the best I've found for very quick brows taking into account the price, IF you can find a colour match. I like the fact a spoolie is attached too. But it takes a certain amount of practice and for me, the colour range isn't great - I've tried 3 different colours and none were a match. My brows are very dark brown, almost black, with no red tones.

on 7/21/2014 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Excellent brow pencil, already on my second one. I have the gray-brown, since my hair is dark brown with some gray and my brows are dark gray-ish this pencil is the best match. You can use a lighter or heavier hand to apply. I tend to concentrate on the middle of my brow and then use the brush to blend out to the ends for a soft and natural look. I finish with clear gel to set. Only complaint is the tube is a bit cheap, cap falls off, but I don't care. Its s twist up pencil, doesn't need sharpening, and the tip has a sharper, thinner side and then a wider, flatter side for different effects. My collection of half- used eyebrow pencils (too soft, too hard, too dark) and powders (too red, too powdery, too unnatural) went into the trash after finding this.

on 6/29/2014 10:29:00 AM

This is first my eye brow pencil. and I'm glad to bought it. It's simple to use. And It has brush for uses after draw your eyebrow. So, for cheap price, I'm don't have complaint. My tips is use one more light color from your hair's color. It's makes you younger.. Hehehe

Popular Brows Products