November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Gels/Soaps - Chagrin Valley - Adzuki Bean Complexion Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent gentle exfoliator for the face for me. I can't rub my skin too hard because it goes batshit (red, flaky, dry - just plain angry), but gently rolling the very creamy lather this bar makes all over my face is enough to exfoliate for me. Doesn't irritate the skin around my eyes either.

The lather is super creamy, and I think this is one of the most moisturising superfatted soaps CV has, and I will definitely repurchase. The smell is really nice too.
The downside is that it's one of the softer formulations (which makes sense, as it's a complexion soap) so you have to be very careful with storing it when not in use. Still, the sample bar lasted me a month with proper storing and I was using it twice a day. Just a heads up though!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by TruffulaTree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this complexion soap a lot. It's very mild and moisturizing and has a lovely soft earthy scent. I have to say though, that while it's been a nice soap, I don't absolutely adore it the way I adore the Loofah Adzuki Bean soap. That one is creamier and the scent is amazing, so I think I expected this one to be as awesome and it's not quite. It doesn't exfoliate nearly as well either - as another reviewer pointed out, the tiny micrograins in the soap work quite well on your body, but aren't dense enough to emulate a true scrub on your face. That's another area where the Loofah Adzuki Bean wins out - it's a pretty excellent exfoliator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I don't know exactly how new this product is to CV's catalog but it's my new love. I've used CV's complexion soaps for years and like most of them a lot, but the Adzuki is my favorite now.

I'm not sure why people keep putting bits of scrubby things in soap "to exfoliate" because it just doesn't work (the particle density isn't sufficient). So I don't rub the bar directly on my skin, but lathering the bar in my hands and applying the suds to my face I feel a very slight gentle grittiness as from either very fine adzuki dust or the pink clay. It feels nice. Maybe the saponin in the adzuki contributes to the especially nice lathery feel this soap has.

It's very gentle and non-drying (despite the clay), and the smell is subtle and pleasant -- I don't smell lavender or, really, tangerine, just an enjoyably warm and slightly earthy scent.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No