E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 7/31/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm on a roll of negativity today so let's keep this train rollin'. This is a good lip exfoliator, very moisturizing. The problem with that is that it tended to make me breakout around my mouth when I use it. I did manage to finish the whole tube but I would need to be meticulous about cleaning up around my lips with a makeup remover wipe afterwards. Ounce per ounce, the Lush lip scrubs are cheaper than the elf (shipping not included), they scrub just as well, don't cause me to have breakouts, and they're edible. I'm finishing up a Lush Bubblegum lip scrub and it is divine. I'll stick with them.

on 7/27/2015 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I ran out of sugar scrub so I grabbed this really quick. Its decent but falls apart way to easy! I won't be buying again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product is AMAZING! Makes my lips baby soft and smooth. I use it with a balm underneath so there is no tugging or pulling.

on 7/22/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

love loVE LOVE this! I was hesitant to buy this because I usually make my own sugar lip scrub, but after reading the positive reviews on here, I decided to try it out.

PROS:
-Only $3
-Extremely convenient packaging, the lipstick shape makes for a mess-free lip exfoliation (unlike my home made scrubs, that can get pretty messy). The packaging also makes it easy for traveling
-Exfoliates way better than any lip scrub I have ever tried, or any lip scrub I have ever made. My lips are left VERY soft
-The grit in this scrub is not too rough or gritty, and the creaminess helps moisturize my lips

CONS:
-If you accidentally taste it, it doesn't taste very good, lol
-Not as natural as my home made lip scrubs

on 7/7/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually bought this product because of the reviews I read here, so my expectations were high. And I must say, this product is living up to my expectations. It works great with my lips, and it leaves them so soft.
I just massage it on to my lips for about a minute or so (I'm sure a minute is more than enough) after the shower, and then I wipe off the scrub with a moisturized cotton ball, and then I apply lip balm. My lips tend to become a little bit red, but only for 10 minutes or so.

I would definitely recommend everyone to buy this product, whether your lips are dry or soft.

on 6/30/2015 11:56:00 PM

I cannot stand the smell of wax, and if I slick, it is so terrible. About the effectiveness, 2/5, It helps with my upper lip but another? NOT at all. When finished, everything is the same as before

on 6/22/2015 3:04:00 PM

I am very into the sugar scrubs, but what I don't like is that they are messy and even my favorite is more oils than sugar, so they do moisturize my lips but not much exfoliation happens. So when I saw this product I was curious and after reading the reviews I decided to buy it.
And I am actually impressed, this actually exfoliates my lips. I just glide it on y lips for about a minute and all the extra skin comes out, even when it seem my lips are good, it lift all the dead skin, leaving them perfect for the dark/red lipstick. I use it as part of my makeup routine, when I moisturize my face I exfoliate my lips, son when I do my face, I put a lip balm, and like I said, my lips are baby soft.
I must warn that it is more of an exfoliator than a moisturizer, so it is a bit more harder, so if your lips are very very chapped, it might not be great for you. Outside of that situation I really recommend this product.

on 6/5/2015 6:51:00 PM

Only complaint I have is that the cap tends to come off the tube when thrown in a purse or a makeup bag. The formula is really nice and the product smells delicious with a slight vanilla and brown sugar scent. It does a great job exfoliating, but definitely needs to be followed by a heavy lip balm.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome!! I'm addicted to this little lip exfoliator. I got this as a free bonus gift on my elf order. I'm so impressed I ordered a more expensive lip scrub (Fresh sugar lip) coz I'm loving the feeling of freshly exfoliated lips w some carmex or CO Bigelow lipbalm after.

on 6/2/2015 4:52:00 PM

loveeee this exfoliator! It works soooo good. My lips have never felt softer or smoother. I loveeeeee the applicator.

Yes its rough (hello, its supposed to be)

It leaves a balmy feeling on your lips when your done, so soft. I didnt get any of the grit/sugar left on my lips. Taste/smells like brown sugar ( i didn't experience the strong scent/taste others complained about)

I can see this drying out quickly, but i have no problem shaving a little off the top if that happens.

Seriously, its only $3, try it.

Popular Lip Treatments