E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 3/21/2015 8:20:00 PM

I really love this stuff. My lips are constantly dry and chapped and I was desperate for something to exfoliate them. I tried making my own with a Pinterest recipe, which was pretty much a fail. I'd heard some mixed reviews on it, but my lips begged for me to try it.

There is something about the packaging that I really like. It reminds me of a more high end product, and I just like the feel of it in my hand.

The product starts out looking like a lipstick and I think it's basically like brown sugar in a lip balm. I suspect brown sugar because that's what it smells like, and it smells amazing. I mean, really amazing. Once you use it up enough, the stick is more sugar than balm...actually it's kind of all sugar, and it gets a little rough. I think that's why some people don't like it, but it's just what my lips need. That roughness helps get off those little dry dead skin spots that drive me nuts.

I use this so much that I'm going to have to buy another one soon, and for $3 you'd better believe I'll repurchase.

I have been eyeing this product now for sometime ! But never bought it due to the fact I just use brown sugar and coconut oil as my lip scrub. But while at target and shopping in the makeup department. I could feel my lips were chapped and had dead flaky skin that was driving me crazy! I kept applying lip balm but that just would not take it away! So, I came across this! And thought " what the heck, why not give it a try?". The cost is $3.00, you really cant beat that! So I made my purchase and as soon as I got the car I gave it a try.. right away I could see the dead skin disappear. My lips looked healthier. Yes it is a bit rough, but honestly you can control how much 'roughness' you want. If you want a softer exfoliator use a lighter, softer hand when applying. if you want a more harsh exfoliator use a bit more force. I really enjoy this product. It worked very well for me. I would not recommend this product to someone who may have really bad chapped lips or for someone who may have sores or cuts, cause it is a bit rougher. But for someone like me with just mild dry lips give it a try! There is a lot of granules through out the tube. It looks just like a lip stick! it is infused with vitamin E, shea butter, avocado grape and jojoba oil. So it does nourish. But after use add a lil more lip balm. it also has a sweet taste, but not over the top. Its a great product! and you cant beat the price! yes you could just do a D.I.Y. lip scrub, but this is so convenient. I keep it in my purse ! it isn't messy or gross feeling ! hope this helps ! take care ! :)

on 3/15/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I read reviews on ELF site, so when I went to Target, I grabbed 3! lol Silly me! I have had this over a month and only used it once. I usually apply Vaseline n use a toothbrush, while sitting in front of my makeup mirror. For me, I didn't really like it much. It didn't seem to work. I have to be near water to use it, so for me, it's inconvenient. I read here, many said theirs dried up, mine hasn't dried up. I will pass mine on to my teenage niece.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shockingly horrible, based on the raves posted. Painful, drying and lacked any exfoliating properties. Product dried up very quickly. Pass on this.

on 3/12/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I have eczema/super sensitive skin so on and around my lips are often times red, flaky, and chapped. I grabbed this on a whim at target and I'm SO glad I did! Using this has made my lips feel so soft and moisturized. I definitely recommend giving this product a try!

on 3/8/2015 10:32:00 PM

I liked this at first, but the stick dried out completely within 3-4 weeks. It's kind of useless now. But when I first got it, it worked great. It is unlike any other lip product I'd ever tried. This is a hard, gritty, abrasive stick that just scrubs the dead chapped skin right off. The scrubby bits are made of sugar grains, and any that get left behind just dissolve away by themselves.
Long story short, this stuff works. Until the product dries out. It only costs a few dollars but it didn't even last a month for me. So I don't plan to buy this again unfortunately.
I have only tried two products by E.L.F. so far, the lip exfoliator and their lash primer. I was underwhelmed by both and probably won't be exploring this brand in the future.

I like this product because of it's convenience and it;'s strength. I didn't think this would exfoliate as good as an old toothbrush but i have now thrown that toothbrush away! Quick, easy, cheap and not messy

on 2/28/2015 1:43:00 PM

I decided to try this after hearing some raves about this.
It is not a bad product, but to me I think I would rather just do a DIY scrub of honey and brown sugar and put that mixture in an empty container. But I suppose the convenience of this might be nice..

To me, the 'granules' or exfoliating beads, are pretty sparse. But even so, it still left lips kind of painful, and my lips are not that 'bad' right now. I followed the directions and applied in a circular motion (which felt odd to use a lip product in a circular motion, esp bc my lips are not large, they are quite thin), and I kept applying, not feeling many 'granules' at all. That said, there still must be "something" in here besides the granules that you can actually feel that do the exfoliating. But even though the granules are sparse, somehow it still feels quite rough on the lips - as in to me, it was uncomfortably rough, even a tad painful. So I could not imagine using this if I really did need a scrub. My lips were not severely rough or dry or chapped when I tried this, and I am glad, because the rough-ness would have been very painful, I would imagine. Then it says to use a wet cloth to rub off and follow up with a balm or gloss to protect. You will definitely need a balm or gloss, because it is that rough and basically leaves your lips literally "stripped" of any moisture.

But again, especially if money were an issue, I would rather use a DIY lip scrub of brown sugar and honey. You can control how 'rough' it is and it is more natural, no chemicals. Not sure of the ingredients on this, but I am sure there is something not as natural as basic brown sugar and honey. ;)

All in all it is not a 'bad' product, but I would not recommend this for severely dry or chapped or cracked lips, as it could be quite painful and possibly further the problem. I might recommend this as a maintenance lip scrub if you have in-shape lips that are not currently dry nor chapped, but not to 'correct' an existing problem.

on 2/25/2015 12:25:00 AM

man this is a tough little tube of lip exfoliation, so effective and cheap, feels wonderful applying

on 2/24/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is so amazing that I'm currently looking at my backup of it sitting on my desk. Every morning if my lips are feeling dry, I'll lick them slightly, then run this over them until they're smooth. The roughness does take a little getting used to, but now I love it! It smells sweet but not sickeningly so, and a tissue run over my lips afterwards gets any leftover bits off. If you ever enjoy wearing mattes, you NEED this in your life.

The $3 price tag, for me, just sealed the deal. It lasts forever, and it'll quickly reach HG status.

Popular Lip Treatments