April 19, 2014 | 1652 users online

Powder - It Cosmetics - Celebration Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First the finish: chalky. I tried Light/Medium for my NC25ish skin and no matter what I did to it or how I applied it, the stuff just sits there and looks chalky. Buffing it didnt really help. Spritzing with hydrosol: still chalky.

The color: Light/Medium is too orangey for me. I like a yellow based color but this is ORANGE.

The packaging: its that rubbery feeling NARS package that creeps me out and I dont want to touch it!

Back it goes. Thankfully IT has a 30day return policy (from the date of purchase, not the date you receive it, so you have to be quick).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after seeing how good my 72-year old mother looked and asking her what kind of foundation she was wearing, and now I've been using this foundation for 2 months, and I love it. I am 50 with dry skin, and strangely enough, I seem to get a better look with powder foundations.

Before trying IT, I was a fan of GloMinerals pressed base and Merle Norman mineral makeup - neither of which made me dryer or look dryer. I think IT is the best of both worlds because it has a more dewy finish than GloMinerals and more coverage than Merle Norman. I use that luxurious flat-top brush made by IT and it goes on so quickly and easily and lasts all day. I never need to touch up. It looks natural yet finished.

The first compact I bought was defective -- barely any powder would come up on the brush -- but I contacted IT's customer service and they sent a new one right away. Their customer service is fantastic, which is another plus. So far Iove all the IT stuff I've bought, and the brushes in particular can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. Makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day. The lightest shade matches my skin tone perfectly. goes on fast and easy. Will definitely repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by brushnfloss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I wanted to love it. However, it didn't work for me. I have combo skin with oily t-zone and live in humid Houston. I have average size pores, slight wrinkles, and ruddy skin. I applied several different ways: on bare skin, on moisturized skin, and on moisturized, primed skin.

I purchased the color light. It was a good match with light summer tan skin. Application was easy with a flat top brush. Coverage: buildable. But, by the time I got to medium coverage to cover redness, it looked a little thick.
Initally, right after application, it looked great. It was an "airbrushed" look.
After about 1 hour, yuck. It had oxidized, sunk into my pores, and looked greasy and just "sitting" on top of my skin. Not a good look.
Pros: easy to apply, great airbrushed look without being too shiny
Cons: doesn't seem to absorb oil, hard to build coverage without looking too cakey

Buy again: no. I'm returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this from ulta.com I would suggest getting it from qvc if you want the brush with it, its much cheaper that way, but I already have a great flat top kabuki I love, so anyways.. I bought the lightest shade which works great for me. I put it on and it was surprisingly easy to cover any of my redness. I used bare minerals for a while, but it wouldnt cover and would crease and I overall hated it. This makes me so happy, I look airbrushed and flawless but not fake! I used liquid foundation a lot as well as it covered more than any powder, until this! I dont have problematic skin, just redness I hate, so this covers so well without making me look or feel like I have a full face of makeup on. The price is ok, not the cheapest but definitely not the most expensive. I'd definitely buy this again. I also got a sample of the bye bye under eye concealer when I bought this and so far thats fantastic as well! Im overall very happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by hotmess

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing! Looks very natural and it doesn't get oily fast. Love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by booper1178

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Light to medium coverage. This is a great.. on the go.. out the door foundation. They need more shades.

I purchased the Tan and it was way too light in this foundation. It made my winter complexion look pale.

I also own the IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Tan (Love it). I can also get by with the medium in the CC Cream with a bronzer. However the Celebration Foundation Tan is lighter than the medium CC Cream. The Tan color in all the photos I've looked at do not represent true to color for this foundation. I hope this can help anyone questioning what shade to purchase.

If you read here "IT Cosmetics" please make more shades.

If you find your correct shade it's a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MelissaIrene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this from the Shopping Channel and it definitely was not cheap. The powder really does give amazing coverage and looks great, however it can look a little cakey and it gave me a bunch of bumps on my cheeks and chin :(! There's probably at least 20 small bumps on each cheek, and only a couple on my chin but they make my skin look very unhealthy, and putting the powder on top of them just accentuates them even more. I was really disappointed because I loved the way it looked on my skin, but it's not worth the bumps. That being said, I do have very sensitive skin so this might be a great option for someone who doesn't. It may just be made for more mature skin, because my mother uses this powder and has had no problems, she absolutely loves it!

I would also like to add that after some research, I discovered that the anti-aging ingredients in this line become ineffective with exposure to oxygen, so each time you open the compact, its losing its effectiveness as an anti-aging make-up. If you are only considering buying this because it is "anti-aging", I would suggest looking for a different line of make-up.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by soojiqxnyc

My Skin Type:
Combo/Acne Prone
Sensitive to Silicones, Talc
Previous Foundation Used: LM Mineral Powder
NC20-25

I bought this based off comments in the MB and SCB and it is definitely the best coverage powder foundation I have ever tried. My skin has been very acne prone ever since coming off BCP and it's been a struggle finding a foundation to cover any marks without causing new zits to pop up.

I have yet to find a liquid foundation/bb cream that didn't cause me to break out so I've been limiting myself to powder foundations for the most part.

I purchased this powder in Medium/Light and the only thing I wish is that it had more yellow in it. The first time I wore this foundation, I hated it because I felt the color was off and that it settled into any lines on my face and accentuated pores. It also made my face feel a little tight and itchy (sort of like the LM Mineral Powder did) but it went away after a few minutes.

However, I have come to love this foundation after figuring out how best to manipulate it.

1) Always start with moisturized skin. If your skin is on the dry side, you may not do well with this foundation as it is very drying.
2) Apply lightly and build if you need to. This foundation covers very well and can easily get chalky if you apply it too heavily.
3) Set with another powder. I use Coastal Scents Silica Powder that I've had forever to finish my face. I find that if I don't do this step, I get oily pretty quickly in the day.

I bought this with the dual ended powder brush and use the brush to apply it or the Sephora Mineral Make Up brush. Both work equally well but I love the smaller concealer end of the brush it comes with for a little extra coverage where needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lwilson66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review here ever. I've lurked here for years, but finally feel I have to write about this powder foundation! Bottom line, I love it, and I've used it for 2 weeks and now can say I've finally found my hg foundation!

I've used mally poreless perfection powder foundation for two years. Liked/not loved it. I really did not love the price and how much I had to use to get coverage, and the huge price tag. I was going through one full size every 6-8 weeks, and was tied to qvc in order to get it. Enter this new product. New year, thought I'd try something new!

This foundation is perfection! It is full coverage with two swipes of a brush, and lasts all day. It does not make me greasy all day, yet hydrates my 50 year old face. I work outside in extreme weather, and it stays put! Love that it has great ingredients. I feel better putting this on my face.

One important note. This foundation runs extremely light in colors!! I'm a blonde, blue eyed, medium with reddish undertones gal, and I had to try a few until I ended up with the "Rich" color! That color is supposed to be for very dark skinned women, but it works for me. The others were way to light.

I really like that I have purchasing options as well. Instead of being tied to qvc for mally, and paying exorbitant shipping and handling plus tax, plus waiting 10+ days to receive from qvc! I can buy this at my local ulta store for $35, that's about $20 less than buying mally on qvc. Go online and get a coupon and you can save 20%!

If you're on the fence about this one, try it! You can always return it, but I don't think you will!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No