It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation

3.8

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May Contain: Iron Oxides.

on 5/15/2015 4:21:00 PM

I like the idea of a powder foundation. Heck, I even used to convince myself I like powder foundation. Many moons ago, I used bare escentuals powder foundation. I had the process down pat--swirl, tap, buff. But it never looked nice on me. And it took forever and was very messy, since I used it at a time when the sifter cap really didn't do much to prevent product leakage. Then came pressed powder foundations. My skin is extreme combination, so I worried how my dry/dehydrated areas would look. So I watched so many videos on YT, and finally decided to go with this one. I returned my IT brush after using it with this, as I have numerous brushes that are better. But I can't get this to look good no matter what brush I use (and don't get me started on the sponge that comes with it--worthless). Building it up makes it cakey. It is also cakey in my dry areas, such as the side of my nose. It doesn't do anything to my pores, and oil control isn't good either. Ironically, this starts to look better (at least on my nose) after about 3 hours, because the cakiness is dissipated by oil. It does terrible things on my forehead within an hour. After a few hours I get a congealed mix of oil and powder that sits right in the center of my forehead.

on 5/2/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love it. Very easy to apply with a fluffy brush - I'm using a mac brush. It comes in a compact with a sponge applicator but I like a lighter coverage and use a brush. It still does a good job of evening out my skin. I find it much easier to apply than a liquid formula. Plus, I have medium sized pores and this de-emphasized their appearance. Liquids always seem to highlight them.

Stays all day and looks natural, not cakey. I does appear a little flat when first applied but I moisten my hands and pat my face a little and get a perfect finish which, as I said, lasts until I take it off at night. I have very sensitive skin with some rosacea on my cheeks. This foundation masks it and doesn't irritate my skin at all.

I got the medium beige which is a shade darker than my fairer complexion as my face is lighter than my decollate (stupidly ignored that area when younger!!!). Anyway the color on my face matches just right.

on 4/6/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are over 40 stay far far far away. This is the most aging product i have ever used. It does not blend well into skin and shows every line and wrinkle. I love the cc cream but this is a major fail for me.

on 4/2/2015 5:02:00 PM

Just a short review,

I purchased from QVC for a great price with the flat top brush. It's an ok powder but qvc represented that it is full coverage and it's definitely not. I'd say it's sheer to medium coverage if that. The color range is also not very good.

It was not what I was looking for since I like a medium to full coverage.

on 3/14/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I first purchased this on QVC, flat brush was included for 50. + shipping
When I first used this foundation, I didn't like it, it was too thick looking but as the days went on I played. I used my fluffy brush and I LOVE this!!!
I repurchased, as the color Medium was almost too light. I ordered tan and that was too dark, so I touch my brush to the light then the dark n it's perfect for me! I would not suggest buying thru QVC. Either go to Ulta or order directly from IT online $35. because they have free shipping, over $25.
This is long lasting. Medium coverage. You can build to Full but it looks Cakey. I also bought the second one in the illuminizing and it's really pretty.
I am 51 and my Fiancé always tells me, my skin looks flawless now n compliments how young I look! lol

on 2/9/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this. It reminds me of bareminerals but better. It makes my skin look healthy and glowing. I use a little bit of concealer to cover hyper-pigmentation because I don't feel this covers as good as demonstrated on qvc. But it evens skin tone beautifully and I love the results. I find myself putting this on every day, when before I had it I would only want to put makeup on for special occasions. The only dilemma for me is that the fair is too light and the light-medium is at some times during the day too dark for me. More like to orangey. Weird. I think its the type of lighting. But overall its not deterring me from wearing because its not at all noticeable.

on 1/23/2015 9:34:00 AM

wasted good money on this

on 1/19/2015 8:28:00 PM

I love this stuff! I purchased this in the Shade Light medium and it is a good match for my skin tone (nw20). I find this has eliminated my need to use concealer on blemishes almost completely - I still will cover the occasional big mother, but for regular nose redness and small breakouts this does a great Wish it was a bit less expensive as $35 is pretty high up there, but it does last quite awhile (bought mine in June 2014 and just needed to replace today Jan 19 2015).

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I've tried a lot of powder foundations from MAC, Lancome, Shiseido, Kat Von D, Laura Mercier, MUFE, Palladio, Bare Minerals, Laura Gellar, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Philosophy, Chanel and a ton of drugstore ones. I will say that Celebration Foundation is my HG top rated powder foundation. I had my heart set to try Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Compact next but I was in Ulta and had a coupon so I got this instead. I'm so happy since this is half the price of the Guerlain one!

Skin Type: Currently, my skin is oily and dehyrated. I'm flakey but also have my usual veil of oil all over. Every winter, my skin gets this way. Powder foundations either have zero oil control or too much causing my skin to look cakey and flakey. Celebration Foundation is different. Of course with using proper skincare and moisturizer, this powder will not cling on to my flakes. I was shocked that my skin appeared smooth and normal.

Color: You won't get a variety of shades with this foundation. It has a very limited selection. I believe it only comes in four shades. However, I am matched perfectly to Tan. I'm about NC40. In comparision, Tan isn't as yellow as NC40. Tan leans a bit more on the olive side (a very subtle hint of greenish brown) which is better for me.

Coverage: I love that you can play with the coverage. For a pressed powder to set liquid foundation, you can use a kabuki brush and it will give you light coverage. If you want to use this powder as your primary foundation, you can use the included round puff and it will give full coverage.

Finish: The finish is matte however, it isn't dull or cakey. It controls oil beautifully yet allows skin to look natural.

Lasting Power: Celebration Foundation isn't the best option out there for longevity. With a primer, I got about 5 hours of wear before it started to become blotchy and fade in some areas.

Reactions: None. No rashes, itchiness or breakouts.

on 11/28/2014 12:22:00 AM

this product is really good to use as a powder. doesnt make my face look cakey or dried. works great with the cc cream!