August 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Powder - It Cosmetics - Celebration Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

This is my first experience with IT cosmetics and I'm really pretty satisfied! I definitely like this much better than Bare Minerals - it's much less messy, lasts longer and offers better coverage. I got the light-medium shade, which is a great match for my skin tone. I like this powder foundation for the hot summer months, but I don't think I'll use it in the dead of winter when my skin is more dry. I agree that exfoliating well is important for good results. I do have to use concealer under this for acne, but the coverage can be built up to easily cover general redness. By using the Murad oil control moisturizer as a primer underneath, this product lasted over 8 hours for me. I didn't get oily or break out, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I hated this product. It went on & made me look older whether I used a primer, a bb cream, used it lightly or more fully. It gave me an unattractive face color too which was aging as well. I wore this to a doctors appt. & actually got asked if I still have my period, then a few days later I was getting a CAT test done & had on no foundation & was asked the first day of my last period, then she said, "well it's been a week since then are you sure you're not pregnant". So I went from looking completely infertile to someone who's fertile myrtle looking. I also didn't get any where near the coverage that Jaime Kern shows. The packaging has the NARS effect where every bit of powder wants to adhere to it. Just an overall fail for me. If you get it to try just make sure you buy it somewhere that has easy returns.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am loving IT cosmetics and especially this powder foundation! I've watched QVC presentations for years and been curious- finally got the TSV a couple of weeks back- every product in it is nice. This goes on silky smooth, is buidable, doesn't have a heavy fragrance and my skin seems to like it. I use it on its own over a good sunscreen and a touch of concealer where I need it, but it also works beautifully as a finishing powder. Just what I wanted for a quick easy face for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by zimmeju

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Goes on like silk but be sure to really moisturize first if you have mature dry skin like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

Very impressed with the coverage and finish. My new summer foundation is quite lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by clk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I feel this is a holy grail powder foundation for me, I have extremely oily skin and I sweat heavily when it's humid out or even if I slightly exert myself. The coverage of this foundation is beyond amazing. It is by far the best coverage I have ever seen in a powder/mineral foundation and I am a foundation junky/makeup artist. It goes on velvety smooth and lasts all day and looks amazing in photos and up close. Love! just a side note I would use a full soft taklon fiber brush to apply this for the sake of even coverage and also so that you don't pick up to much product at once.... sweep over the powder light handedly. Also do a light application off this all over than use a smaller brush to use it as a concealer on hyperpigmentation, redness, rosacea, around the nose... where ever you need more coverage to get the most natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by vintagenests

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such an incredible foundation - excellent coverage and a lush matte finish, not too flat and not glowy. I am in my fifties with oily skin and dark hyperpigmentation and broken capillaries on my cheeks (or as a Sephora SA called it "a really tough case.") This paired with the Bye Bye Redness cream by IT does an incredible job of making me look like I have great skin. I usually spritz some MAC Fix + on top and it just softens the foundation and blush for a lovely, airbrushed finish. I will keep repurchasing...as close to HG as I have ever gotten.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cozworth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation for oil/combination skin for many years. I used to love it. But with the last formulation change the love affair ended. It was ok over the last winter (when we had more than 60 days below zero). But as soon as the weather started to warm up it was clear I would need to find something else due to the heavy, mask like feeling - as well as the fact that it felt gooey all the time. Revlon really jumped the shark with that last change! yuk!

I have oily skin, but I am in my forties - so I use anti-aging products on my face. It is really a delicate balance. Keep in mind that if I did not use alpha hydroxy and/or retinol products I would not have as much trouble with oil. But, not wanting to show my age I deal with it the best I can.

Since the spring I have used Cover Girl 3 in 1 foundation, L'Oreal Infallible liquid foundation, Neutrogena Skin Clearing liquid foundation, L'Oreal Age Reversing liquid foundation. And finally arrived at IT Cosmetics Celebration foundation.

The Cover Girl 3 in 1 didn't control oil as well as I had hoped but it wore like iron and I was extremely happy with it until I had worn it a few times and started getting pimples in places that I have never had pimples in my entire life - smack dab in the middle of my cheeks as well as on my eyelids - eyelids people! How crazy is that? So, I moved on.

The Neutrogena skin clearing formula was WONDERFUL but in the least bit of humidity it turned my face into a grease slick. To its credit, my skin was exceptionally clear while I used it and I love the texture and finish it gave me. It didn't settle into pores/lines and was a great match for my skin tone. It is frustrating because I really, really want to use this product. However, the oil problem was so serious that I started thinking about skipping foundation when I went to work so I wouldn't have to deal with the oil. I do love this product though and am still considering dropping all moisturizers (even sunscreen - which you need with this product because it doesn't have any) on humid days. But for now I will move on.

The L'Oreal In Fallible was great when I first put it on. Incredibly good coverage, nice light weight feel, good color for me....However, when exposed to humidity it developed a strange (kind of sticky) texture. I tried applying a light coat of powder to combat the stickiness but nothing could fix it. I ended up a greasy, caked up, sticky mess. By 11:00 in the morning I found myself sitting at my desk counting the hours until I could go home and wash my face. So, again, I moved on.

The L'Oreal Age Reversing product felt greasy right out of the bottle. There was no initial appeal. i just didn't like it. Maybe when I am a lot older it will appeal to me more.

So, I found myself in an ULTA store approaching a sales person (which I normally avoid for some reason) ASKING for help and offering to pay almost anything to find a decent foundation for the summer.

I should say that I tried Bare minerals foundation about 10 years ago and hated it. It turned a funny orange on me and didn't give me enough (any) coverage. So, I was not enthusiastic when the sales person steered me toward a pressed powder foundation. I sort of argued that it wouldn't work for me and she insisted that I needed to try something other than a liquid. A little bell started going off in my head - I have tried a lot of liquid foundations. And I haven't been entirely pleased with any of them. So, I did something I have NEVER done before.

Right there in the store I removed all the makeup from my eye down on one side of my face and tried the IT Celebration powder foundation. Contrary to EVERYTHING I expected it was pretty darn good. It was shockingly easy to apply. In fact I would caution you to be careful not to put too much on. I have been using Revlon color stay for so many years, which is quite a lot of work to get on your face correctly, that I have over done the Celebration foundation here and there the first few times I used it.

The coverage from the Celebration foundation is extremely good. I would not have believed it if I had not have tried it myself. If you have redness, scars, or just want full coverage because it is what you like - well this is definitely for you! And I can't say this strongly enough - IT IS SUPER FAST TO APPLY!!!

I strongly suggest using a brush applicator. It really helped me get a nice even application. My experience seems to suggest that it never really "sets" and needs to be rubbed in again after 4 or 5 hours. However, it feels good when I am wearing it. It does not feel like a mask.

Also, much to my surprise it seems to do a decent job of lasting without turning into a grease slick.

The only reason i did not give this product 5 lippies is the fact that it needs to be rubbed in again after a few hours.

The jury is still out on this product but I feel pretty good about it so far. I will know in a few days if it makes me break out. Overall I would recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING!! I tend not to like powder foundation these days. The older I get the more it brings out the flaws in my skin. This is different. Seriously. Neutralized all the red in my skin and felt like nothing on my face. I use this product with a primer and the bye bye under eye concealer. Both perform beautifully. I will repurchase and recommend to all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder foundation! It gives a natural, slightly luminous finish. I love powder foundations, but some look too flat, not this one! I can easily get light coverage or build up to a fuller coverage without it looking cakey. I also love the it cosmetics flat top brush for applying this. I got them both together in a set from Qvc. I will repurchase for sure.