December 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Powder - It Cosmetics - Celebration Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I've tried a lot of powder foundations from MAC, Lancome, Shiseido, Kat Von D, Laura Mercier, MUFE, Palladio, Bare Minerals, Laura Gellar, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Philosophy, Chanel and a ton of drugstore ones. I will say that Celebration Foundation is my HG top rated powder foundation. I had my heart set to try Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Compact next but I was in Ulta and had a coupon so I got this instead. I'm so happy since this is half the price of the Guerlain one!

Skin Type: Currently, my skin is oily and dehyrated. I'm flakey but also have my usual veil of oil all over. Every winter, my skin gets this way. Powder foundations either have zero oil control or too much causing my skin to look cakey and flakey. Celebration Foundation is different. Of course with using proper skincare and moisturizer, this powder will not cling on to my flakes. I was shocked that my skin appeared smooth and normal.

Color: You won't get a variety of shades with this foundation. It has a very limited selection. I believe it only comes in four shades. However, I am matched perfectly to Tan. I'm about NC40. In comparision, Tan isn't as yellow as NC40. Tan leans a bit more on the olive side (a very subtle hint of greenish brown) which is better for me.

Coverage: I love that you can play with the coverage. For a pressed powder to set liquid foundation, you can use a kabuki brush and it will give you light coverage. If you want to use this powder as your primary foundation, you can use the included round puff and it will give full coverage.

Finish: The finish is matte however, it isn't dull or cakey. It controls oil beautifully yet allows skin to look natural.

Lasting Power: Celebration Foundation isn't the best option out there for longevity. With a primer, I got about 5 hours of wear before it started to become blotchy and fade in some areas.

Reactions: None. No rashes, itchiness or breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about trying this and look up my reviews , ive been trying everything !!!This is my HG . I finally found it .Love.The only bad review i agree with is about the color.Yes its a little orange.But do you know what we have here????Dare I say it???????????We have got mac studio fix before estee lauder bought it out!!!!!The good old days.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by msmandy2485

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is really good to use as a powder. doesnt make my face look cakey or dried. works great with the cc cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am very surprized how "creamy" this powder foundation feels once applied to the skin. I'd say medium coverage is obtained. It did not settle into any fine line. Covers redness well. However for a pimple concealor is still necessary. I have found when applied over IT cosmetics serum primer I really does last all day.

I have oily skin, and this works great. I'm not sure if I'll use it in the winter as I tend to get occasional dry patches.

I was lucky enough to swap for this item, but when I'm out, will be purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Silverfox7

I purchased this from the Q when it first came out. I was so excited to try it. The brush that came with it is very nice which surprised me. The product itself developed a film on the top after a few uses. I could not get any product on various brushes, sponges or puffs until I scraped the film off with a spoolie. So I contacted IT Cosmetics and they sent me a new one, after I sent proof of purchase (which to me was more than fair). I got the new one and was gun shy about using it. I tried and tried with the old one and finally the compact latch broke and I threw it away. The latch thing was disappointing because this compact never left my vanity and I am funny about packaging. So after months of having the new compact, I finally used it. I have to say I was shocked and pleased at how well this covered my redness and evened out my skin tone. It wears well, is not drying and does not settle into my fine lines. I like this very much, now that I got a good batch.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

This is my first experience with IT cosmetics and I'm really pretty satisfied! I definitely like this much better than Bare Minerals - it's much less messy, lasts longer and offers better coverage. I got the light-medium shade, which is a great match for my skin tone. I like this powder foundation for the hot summer months, but I don't think I'll use it in the dead of winter when my skin is more dry. I agree that exfoliating well is important for good results. I do have to use concealer under this for acne, but the coverage can be built up to easily cover general redness. By using the Murad oil control moisturizer as a primer underneath, this product lasted over 8 hours for me. I didn't get oily or break out, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I hated this product. It went on & made me look older whether I used a primer, a bb cream, used it lightly or more fully. It gave me an unattractive face color too which was aging as well. I wore this to a doctors appt. & actually got asked if I still have my period, then a few days later I was getting a CAT test done & had on no foundation & was asked the first day of my last period, then she said, "well it's been a week since then are you sure you're not pregnant". So I went from looking completely infertile to someone who's fertile myrtle looking. I also didn't get any where near the coverage that Jaime Kern shows. The packaging has the NARS effect where every bit of powder wants to adhere to it. Just an overall fail for me. If you get it to try just make sure you buy it somewhere that has easy returns.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am loving IT cosmetics and especially this powder foundation! I've watched QVC presentations for years and been curious- finally got the TSV a couple of weeks back- every product in it is nice. This goes on silky smooth, is buidable, doesn't have a heavy fragrance and my skin seems to like it. I use it on its own over a good sunscreen and a touch of concealer where I need it, but it also works beautifully as a finishing powder. Just what I wanted for a quick easy face for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by zimmeju

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Goes on like silk but be sure to really moisturize first if you have mature dry skin like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

Very impressed with the coverage and finish. My new summer foundation is quite lovely!