Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Blonde Leave-in Conditioner

2.3

on 6/30/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what Alterna put in theese caviar products but it dries out my hair in the long run.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product on a whim looking for moisturizing leave-ins that didn't use silicones as their primary moisturizer. My hair is fine, though thick, wavy and bleached blonde; very porous and dry more than it is damaged. Pros: My split ends are few and far between and I have yet to experience build up from this product regardless of the fact that I use a substantial amount after every wash. Cons: Not very moisturizing or brightening. I still feel like I have to add something else to my hair to supplement moisture not being provided by this product. It's very watery and would probably do better being in a spray bottle. My hair's elasticity has been slightly restored and as I said, I don't experience many split ends anymore - due to no more silicone build up. It is a good detangler and styling prep. I would however recommend using this in conjunction with a richer or creamier leave in - I layer on top Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Cream, or Coconut Oil on my ends. It isn't heavy so you can add styling products - I use a curl enhancer on top when I'm not using an additional moisturizer. I'm still curious to try other brands as I'm still not convinced this is doing all that much for my hair. I would recommend this for people with very fine thin hair with little chemical or mechanical damage that do not need a substantial amount of moisture. It's just not the right leave in for my hair type.

on 5/23/2012 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this product thinking it would be an amazing leave in, what a disappointment. The "brightening" treatment claims to neutralize and refresh blonde hair, which I haven't noticed after 2 washes, however I suspect I would have best results if used with the shampoo which i did not purchase. The smell is AMAZING, but the conditioning leaves a bit to be desired. I have medium thick hair and I still felt I needed (other) moisture after blow drying.

It does offer substantial UVA/UVB protection to keep hair colour from fading, and will probably end up in my beach bag this summer. I won't be keeping it in the essentials drawer though, that's for sure.