April 21, 2014 | 1521 users online

Blush - Ulta - Extreme Wear Cheek Stain in Gleam

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mizpeach

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only problem with finding an HG product is that you no longer have the thrill of the hunt. And this is most assuredly an HG blush. I bought it in a different color -- Tickled -- but I'll keep my comments here to build the rating.

I have searched everywhere for a truly sheer cheek stain. Benefit's products are good, but hard to control and the colors weren't ideal.

I didn't experience any problems like others have described. From day 1, the Ulta Extreme Wear Cheek Stain delivered what I wanted.

On days when I wear no foundation or a BB cream, I lightly dab it on my cheeks, blending with my fingers to create a sheer, natural flush. On days when I wear liquid foundation, I apply the stain heavily first, then layer the foundation over it again achieving a natural glow. I may add a little bit on top, or lightly dust with bronzer.

And did I mention the price? $3.99! Shut up! No, don't! Tell your friends, so Ulta keeps producing this excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had seen this several times, but always figured it would be too dark. I was so-oo wrong! This is now my HG blush. Nice color that goes on sheer and looks really natural. I had the same experience as the previous reviewer, as far as the first usages being mostly frost without much color, but after a few days it got down to the color and it is lovely. I don't know if that is a defect with the manufacture so that it seperates, but it is a minor thing and won't stop me from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - The label is done in a peachy coral orange shade. In the tube and on my AAB/NC25 skin, it's more of a sheer rosy coral. The first 3-4 swipes of the new stick had a lot of silvery iridescence to it and not much base color, so much so that I almost tossed it out - but the rosy coral color finally came through. Pigmentation is sheer; it takes me about 3-4 swipes on each cheek to achieve a natural-looking flush. Texture is smooth and moist, without being sticky or tacky. Soaks into the skin quickly and without greasy or sticky residue.

Comparisons - There's a nifty cooling sensation when swiping this on my cheek, which reminds me of Vincent Longo's Hydro Sticks. Not as sticky, stiff, or pigmented as Tarte Cheek Stains.

Packaging - Short fat twist-up tube packaging, similar to Tarte cheek stain minis and Eyeko Fat Balms, but Ulta's is all white plastic with a label on the bottom half representative of the color of the product inside.

Overall - Handy and portable, and easy to work with. continued >>