Ulta Extreme Wear Cheek Stain in Gleam

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product honestly makes me sad because I wanted it to work!

1) Too sheer. It's nearly impossible to apply this quickly because of how many layers you have to build it up to in order for a reasonable amount of color.

2) Fair skin only. I have medium to fair skin and even have a hard time getting it to show up on myself. If you have dark skin or even medium skip out on this because it will not show up.

3) Awkward packaging. It's in a thick and short twisty tube so it's very awkward to apply. You can use a brush to dab at the top of the tube and then apply to your face with the brush but the application is SO light when you do that meaning you will be there forever building up the color. Which leaves us with our next option, applying it directly to our face. It seems practical but every time I have tried to use it directly from the tube it removes my makeup in that spot?! WTF?

I didn't enjoy this product at all but you can get it at a fairly cheap price and it is non scented so maybe if you don't wear a lot of face makeup for it to remove and you have very fair skin it might work for you, as it has been seen in other reviews, but it definitely didn't for me.

on 4/3/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The only problem with finding an HG product is that you no longer have the thrill of the hunt. And this is most assuredly an HG blush. I bought it in a different color -- Tickled -- but I'll keep my comments here to build the rating.

I have searched everywhere for a truly sheer cheek stain. Benefit's products are good, but hard to control and the colors weren't ideal.

I didn't experience any problems like others have described. From day 1, the Ulta Extreme Wear Cheek Stain delivered what I wanted.

On days when I wear no foundation or a BB cream, I lightly dab it on my cheeks, blending with my fingers to create a sheer, natural flush. On days when I wear liquid foundation, I apply the stain heavily first, then layer the foundation over it again achieving a natural glow. I may add a little bit on top, or lightly dust with bronzer.

And did I mention the price? $3.99! Shut up! No, don't! Tell your friends, so Ulta keeps producing this excellent product.

on 10/19/2013 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I had seen this several times, but always figured it would be too dark. I was so-oo wrong! This is now my HG blush. Nice color that goes on sheer and looks really natural. I had the same experience as the previous reviewer, as far as the first usages being mostly frost without much color, but after a few days it got down to the color and it is lovely. I don't know if that is a defect with the manufacture so that it seperates, but it is a minor thing and won't stop me from repurchasing.

on 5/22/2012 5:56:00 PM

Product - The label is done in a peachy coral orange shade. In the tube and on my AAB/NC25 skin, it's more of a sheer rosy coral. The first 3-4 swipes of the new stick had a lot of silvery iridescence to it and not much base color, so much so that I almost tossed it out - but the rosy coral color finally came through. Pigmentation is sheer; it takes me about 3-4 swipes on each cheek to achieve a natural-looking flush. Texture is smooth and moist, without being sticky or tacky. Soaks into the skin quickly and without greasy or sticky residue.

Comparisons - There's a nifty cooling sensation when swiping this on my cheek, which reminds me of Vincent Longo's Hydro Sticks. Not as sticky, stiff, or pigmented as Tarte Cheek Stains.

Packaging - Short fat twist-up tube packaging, similar to Tarte cheek stain minis and Eyeko Fat Balms, but Ulta's is all white plastic with a label on the bottom half representative of the color of the product inside.

Overall - Handy and portable, and easy to work with. continued >>

Popular Blush Products