Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy for Damaged and Color Treated Hair

3.5

TOTAL CARE NOURISHING SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200) NOURISHING ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO Active Ingredient: Pyrithione Zinc (1.0%) Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Glycerin, Zinc Sulfate, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) DAMAGE & COLOR REPAIR NOURISHING SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200) CLEANSE & NOURISH SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethiconol, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-9M, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 2/14/2015 5:28:00 AM

I have super dry , damage hair and my scalp has been itchy/irritated so I decided to give this line a try . And I love it!! My hair feels so much healthier, soft and shiny plus it smells amazing!! I did notice my black hair dye when I rinsed the shampoo. But I really don't mind because I do like the product. I haven't notice andy hair fall at all.

on 2/6/2015 2:56:00 AM

This review is for the Clear Scalp and Hair with Shea. I'd read some previous reviews of this product and saw a few posts here where posters said it made their hair fall out. Then I forgot all about it until I saw it for 50% off and decided to try it out.

My hair is mostly wiry and straight. There is quite a bit of it. The ends and my scalp tend to get dry and flaky unless I treat them with oils and moisture. I like to baby it because I wear it in a bob cut and mostly fiat iron it.

The packaging of this product is a bit different. The shampoo bottle top looks like a fiat tear shape so that the bottle can stand. The conditioner bottle top is the opposite. Clever because now I can tell which is which in the shower.

The ingredients contain sulphites, AND nourishing oils, which is odd, but if you think about how the shampoo is supposed to work it makes sense.

The texture of the product is like a heavy lotion but not a cream. The smell is very different. It's not bad, but it's not anything I could put my hand on. I do know that after styling it just smelled very fresh and clean. Maybe a bit like a clean vanilla. Maybe.

The wash out took longer than expected. I think that is because of all the oils. It seemed to swell the hair strand and make it feel super elastic and very easy to comb through, which is always nice.

The shine and body are very good. I should also mention that there are 2-3 silicone ingredients in both products which would account for the shine. The body is lasting and my hair swings. For $3.20 a bottle, I could not ask for more, really.

For those looking for growth and protection, keep in mind that no product is a miracle. The body makes these claims by saying that the health of the scalp is improved by all of the oils no doubt. And that the breakage is based on other shampoo and conditioners that do not pull the hair out while washing and styling based on one's ability to comb through the hair carefully.

There were no outrageous claims being made on these products when you consider that we should all be carefully unknotting out hair in the shower and during styling and combing.
Would I buy it again? No. Will I used what I have? Yes.

on 11/4/2014 6:19:00 PM

I've only been using this product for a few days now, and so far I can't complain! I have very thick, long, wavy, Caucasian hair. My hair is really shiny and soft and it smells INCREDIBLE since I've been using Clear shampoo and conditioner. This is probably the best smelling shampoo I've ever used. I've read reviews about this product causing oiliness and loss of hair, but neither has happened to me. I highly recommend it to those with dry/normal hair.

on 10/31/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this shampoo originally for myself since I colour my hair offer. However, the promise to protect coloured hair was not met. I dyed my hair black, and used this shampoo and my hair colour was stripped to my original dark brown colour. So now I have splotchy black/brown hair. The smell is nice, and it does a nice job of moisturizing hair which my boyfriend loves. It just is not a good shampoo for my needs. Especially because I have to re-dye my hair to fix the stripped areas. I would buy it again only because it leaves my boyfriends hair silky smooth.

on 10/31/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this shampoo. It is as good as my expensive Brands. Actually I am tempted to throw out my expensive shampoos. made my hair moist, feel good

on 10/22/2014 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Leaves my hair really soft and not tangling ! I have thick curly hair and it works great for me and I get dandruff really quick with product & this one hasn't gave me any at all ! And the smelling is amazing !

on 7/2/2014 2:23:00 AM

I don't have dyed hair, so I can't really comment on the color extension. I have thick wavy Asian hair that has been chemically straightened. So far this has been the best shampoo/conditioner for me. My hair dries completely straight and it doesn't feel dry at all. I tried going the natural route and my hair felt like straw, so I went back to this shampoo/conditioner.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

No visible progress at all... feeling dumb after using 2 whole bottles waiting for something heh. The Suave dandruff shampoo did a better job than this one. Will not purchase again.

on 3/10/2014 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great deep conditioner!
I use this everyday after I use the daily cleansing shampoo by suave and the combo is perfection! My hair looks so healthy when using this, I cannot go without! I've been using clear conditioners for about a year now and I have not had any bad side affects like other users who say it made their hair fall out/ bumps on scalp /grease. I have really oily hair no matter how little I wash it or what length it is; my hair has always been only since I was about 12 or so (21 now).

Pros:
-Smells good
-Leaves hair silky soft
-Tames frizz
-Makes hair super manageable for styling
-Processed hair looks healthy

Cons:
-Takes a long time to wash out

on 2/10/2014 9:39:00 PM

I haven't tried the Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy for Damaged and Color Treated Hair..but I have used the Strong Lengths shampoo and conditioner and the Intense Hydration conditioner. This is absolutely my favorite drugstore shampoo and conditioner brand. It does smell sort of generic..I can't tell a lot of difference in smell between each different product in this brand. Its just a really nice clean florally smell. Some people strictly use sulfate free shampoos..but I find that my hair enjoys sulfates. The shampoo lathers really nicely and the conditioner goes on like a dream! Since using this shampoo and conditioner I have next to no tangles! Unless my hair gets purposefully tangled, such as when my boyfriend plays with it, I have no problem brushing through it at all. Wet or dry, it doesn't matter, it doesn't tangle. The main complaint I have with this product is that it comes in only a small bottle. Its pretty cheap given the high quality of it and you don't need very much. I just wish they sold this in "economy" bottles like the large Tresemme bottles. Other than that I definitely recommend this product. Also, a lot of people reported hair loss, if anything..I'm losing less hair than what I was before! =D

Popular Hair Products