April 21, 2014 | 924 users online

Hair - Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy for Damaged and Color Treated Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Great deep conditioner!
I use this everyday after I use the daily cleansing shampoo by suave and the combo is perfection! My hair looks so healthy when using this, I cannot go without! I've been using clear conditioners for about a year now and I have not had any bad side affects like other users who say it made their hair fall out/ bumps on scalp /grease. I have really oily hair no matter how little I wash it or what length it is; my hair has always been only since I was about 12 or so (21 now).

Pros:
-Smells good
-Leaves hair silky soft
-Tames frizz
-Makes hair super manageable for styling
-Processed hair looks healthy

Cons:
-Takes a long time to wash out

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Glorylocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried the Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy for Damaged and Color Treated Hair..but I have used the Strong Lengths shampoo and conditioner and the Intense Hydration conditioner. This is absolutely my favorite drugstore shampoo and conditioner brand. It does smell sort of generic..I can't tell a lot of difference in smell between each different product in this brand. Its just a really nice clean florally smell. Some people strictly use sulfate free shampoos..but I find that my hair enjoys sulfates. The shampoo lathers really nicely and the conditioner goes on like a dream! Since using this shampoo and conditioner I have next to no tangles! Unless my hair gets purposefully tangled, such as when my boyfriend plays with it, I have no problem brushing through it at all. Wet or dry, it doesn't matter, it doesn't tangle. The main complaint I have with this product is that it comes in only a small bottle. Its pretty cheap given the high quality of it and you don't need very much. I just wish they sold this in "economy" bottles like the large Tresemme bottles. Other than that I definitely recommend this product. Also, a lot of people reported hair loss, if anything..I'm losing less hair than what I was before! =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do think this actually works well for color preservation and it does seem to keep my easily irritated scalp (due to years of dyeing) relatively calm. In fact, I think it does a better job than any anti-dandruff shampoo I've ever used in the past. However, I agree that you can get build up from it. I don't use the matching conditioner so maybe that's why it's not too bad. I usually use it with Suave Professionals White Tea & Black Raspberry conditioner (a great find!). When I get build up I just use a clarifying shampoo (Suave, basic and works fine). In the end, occasionally having to bust out the clarifying shampoo still beats a dry and super-itchy scalp any day of the week. It really is nourishing in that respect. Oh, and I haven't experienced any hair fall out from it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I took the "challenge" for 7 days (and have been using this for >1 month now). My overall impression is NO, no improvement as far as stronger hair and no change as far as my scalp feels. It does nothing as far as extending color or moisturizing the hair. It doesn't dry out my hair, so I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. I would not recommend this since it doesn't live up to its claim.

Update: Finally finished the bottle (after 4 months) -- I have notice an improvement in my scalp in that it isn't as DRY as it used to be and my hair is softer. So I am giving it one more lippie. It still didn't extend my color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I can't talk about the shampoo, because I only purchased the conditioner. But I heard a lot of great things about this brand for clarifying shampoo once in a while. As for the conditioner, it smells great and is very creamy. It is a really cheap conditioner. I bought it in Ulta for around $3-4 dollars. It leaves my hair soft, though I can see how it most likely leaves build up.

It does concern me that others commented on hair fallout. I have noticed this as well. I hadn't attributed it to the conditioner until now. And I have thick hair, so not as big of an issue for me.

Overall, this is not an HG or must try product for me. I will finish the bottle, but I don't plan on repurchasing. I have tried better conditioners. And the hair fallout bothers me. I hate the packaging of the bottle. It stands on end. It is hard to squeeze conditioner out with soapy hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lilylips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently had my hair styled curly using a straight iron for a ceremony so I went out to buy a damage repair shampoo and conditioner. This one was on sale for $3.99 so I thought I would give it a go. I just tried it for the first time, and the smell is great and stays in my hair long after my shower. It makes my hair feel soft and shiny but I'm worrying about the "my hair is falling out" comments from other reviews here on Makeup Alley. I may just use it in moderation because it makes my hair feel clean but my life would be ruined if my hair started to fall out. I may just go to the new Head & Shoulders damage repair shampoo and conditioner, I trust that brand a lot more plus the every day price when not on sale is $3.99 for the shampoo and $6 for the conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lovexoxo

I picked this up at the store because it was on sale. Plus I had just bleached parts of my hair and needed a good shampoo. I actually really like the shampoo. It made my hair so much healthier looking and the shampoo smells amazing. Not gonna lie though, all of the reviews about people's hair falling out scared me pretty bad but I've been using the shampoo for a month now and my hair is fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by pjillhere

i have dry hair that is falling out. but i am 56 so thats probably normal. i have been trying shampoos for a few months and never found a quick result. i have used the Clear Scalp and Hair now about half a dozen times.i always alternate my shampoos it was amazing the first time, my hair felt so young and thick..i thought i would use it forever. but it is so rich and heavy i will most likely just use it two or three times a week. especially since i saw the hair loss comments. ill keep and eye on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

At first, I absolutely loved this duo. My hair is extremely over processed thanks to a bad idea involving bleach. I have always had oily hair and dandruff. When I first gave this a shot, it completely cleaned up my scalp and I didn't need to use anti-dandruff products anymore. It also took my frizzy ends and gave me some beautiful waves.

Fast forward two months to right now. My hair gets extremely oily in no time. I'm talking washed on Wednesday and by Friday it already looks like I went a week without washing. It is THAT bad. My dandruff is still managed but at this point the greasy hair is not worth it. I have noticed that when I'm actually using the products in the shower, that they do leave a sort of film on my hair. When I'm rinsing the conditioner out, it mixes with the water and sometimes it gets on my face and lips and I can literally feel some residue left on my face from the conditioner. That HAS to be what's up with the greasy roots after 2 days.

My ends are alright, but they're straw compared to my oily roots. I guess it's done a little too much "nourishing" to my scalp. I loved it at first, but over time it really builds up in your hair and makes you a little grease bucket.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by tiffanynnnunes

This shampoo and conditioner is amazing! Recently I purchased the new tresemme keratin smooth shamp and cond. It was freakin horrible my hair was dry, dull, and frizzy. I returned it and bought these Clear Scalp and Therapy products and fell in love. It's the same cheap price as tresemme and it made my hair shiny, soft, and it smells really good. My boyfriend has long hair and even he can't stay out of my hair products. I think I found my new shampoo and conditioner. I would recommend using a clarifying shampoo every once in a while, because I can see this product most likely
leaving some build up. That's really not a big deal to me. But seriously try this stuff!