October 25, 2014 | 1499 users online

Hair - Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy for Damaged and Color Treated Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Ehmuhlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Leaves my hair really soft and not tangling ! I have thick curly hair and it works great for me and I get dandruff really quick with product & this one hasn't gave me any at all ! And the smelling is amazing !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by coneytravis

I don't have dyed hair, so I can't really comment on the color extension. I have thick wavy Asian hair that has been chemically straightened. So far this has been the best shampoo/conditioner for me. My hair dries completely straight and it doesn't feel dry at all. I tried going the natural route and my hair felt like straw, so I went back to this shampoo/conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No visible progress at all... feeling dumb after using 2 whole bottles waiting for something heh. The Suave dandruff shampoo did a better job than this one. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Great deep conditioner!
I use this everyday after I use the daily cleansing shampoo by suave and the combo is perfection! My hair looks so healthy when using this, I cannot go without! I've been using clear conditioners for about a year now and I have not had any bad side affects like other users who say it made their hair fall out/ bumps on scalp /grease. I have really oily hair no matter how little I wash it or what length it is; my hair has always been only since I was about 12 or so (21 now).

Pros:
-Smells good
-Leaves hair silky soft
-Tames frizz
-Makes hair super manageable for styling
-Processed hair looks healthy

Cons:
-Takes a long time to wash out

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Glorylocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried the Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy for Damaged and Color Treated Hair..but I have used the Strong Lengths shampoo and conditioner and the Intense Hydration conditioner. This is absolutely my favorite drugstore shampoo and conditioner brand. It does smell sort of generic..I can't tell a lot of difference in smell between each different product in this brand. Its just a really nice clean florally smell. Some people strictly use sulfate free shampoos..but I find that my hair enjoys sulfates. The shampoo lathers really nicely and the conditioner goes on like a dream! Since using this shampoo and conditioner I have next to no tangles! Unless my hair gets purposefully tangled, such as when my boyfriend plays with it, I have no problem brushing through it at all. Wet or dry, it doesn't matter, it doesn't tangle. The main complaint I have with this product is that it comes in only a small bottle. Its pretty cheap given the high quality of it and you don't need very much. I just wish they sold this in "economy" bottles like the large Tresemme bottles. Other than that I definitely recommend this product. Also, a lot of people reported hair loss, if anything..I'm losing less hair than what I was before! =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do think this actually works well for color preservation and it does seem to keep my easily irritated scalp (due to years of dyeing) relatively calm. In fact, I think it does a better job than any anti-dandruff shampoo I've ever used in the past. However, I agree that you can get build up from it. I don't use the matching conditioner so maybe that's why it's not too bad. I usually use it with Suave Professionals White Tea & Black Raspberry conditioner (a great find!). When I get build up I just use a clarifying shampoo (Suave, basic and works fine). In the end, occasionally having to bust out the clarifying shampoo still beats a dry and super-itchy scalp any day of the week. It really is nourishing in that respect. Oh, and I haven't experienced any hair fall out from it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I took the "challenge" for 7 days (and have been using this for >1 month now). My overall impression is NO, no improvement as far as stronger hair and no change as far as my scalp feels. It does nothing as far as extending color or moisturizing the hair. It doesn't dry out my hair, so I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. I would not recommend this since it doesn't live up to its claim.

Update: Finally finished the bottle (after 4 months) -- I have notice an improvement in my scalp in that it isn't as DRY as it used to be and my hair is softer. So I am giving it one more lippie. It still didn't extend my color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I can't talk about the shampoo, because I only purchased the conditioner. But I heard a lot of great things about this brand for clarifying shampoo once in a while. As for the conditioner, it smells great and is very creamy. It is a really cheap conditioner. I bought it in Ulta for around $3-4 dollars. It leaves my hair soft, though I can see how it most likely leaves build up.

It does concern me that others commented on hair fallout. I have noticed this as well. I hadn't attributed it to the conditioner until now. And I have thick hair, so not as big of an issue for me.

Overall, this is not an HG or must try product for me. I will finish the bottle, but I don't plan on repurchasing. I have tried better conditioners. And the hair fallout bothers me. I hate the packaging of the bottle. It stands on end. It is hard to squeeze conditioner out with soapy hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lilylips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently had my hair styled curly using a straight iron for a ceremony so I went out to buy a damage repair shampoo and conditioner. This one was on sale for $3.99 so I thought I would give it a go. I just tried it for the first time, and the smell is great and stays in my hair long after my shower. It makes my hair feel soft and shiny but I'm worrying about the "my hair is falling out" comments from other reviews here on Makeup Alley. I may just use it in moderation because it makes my hair feel clean but my life would be ruined if my hair started to fall out. I may just go to the new Head & Shoulders damage repair shampoo and conditioner, I trust that brand a lot more plus the every day price when not on sale is $3.99 for the shampoo and $6 for the conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lovexoxo

I picked this up at the store because it was on sale. Plus I had just bleached parts of my hair and needed a good shampoo. I actually really like the shampoo. It made my hair so much healthier looking and the shampoo smells amazing. Not gonna lie though, all of the reviews about people's hair falling out scared me pretty bad but I've been using the shampoo for a month now and my hair is fine.