August 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Victoria's Secret - VS Makeup Bronze Glow Body Tint

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since I'm the first to review this and had to actually create the item in the list, I will say this:
I categorized this under "lotions/creams for body skin care" because it is, after all, in the form of a lotion, even though its main purpose is to bronze your body, though it's not a self-tanner. So if this has caused any confusion, I am sorry. Now onto the review!

Bronze Glow Body Tint comes in a 4.8 fl oz. transparent plastic tube, so you can see the color of the product itself; it is truly a bronze-colored lotion. The texture is very lightweight and smooth and is easily blended into the skin. The name "bronze GLOW" is very accurate in that it is not so much a "shimmer" lotion as its "shimmer" components are so fine (fine meaning the opposite of course) that it makes your skin glow and not sparkle. As with many bronzing products, if applied too heavily, it may make your skin look orange-y depending on your natural skin tone. On my skin, it creates a beautiful bronze, healthy glow and looks wonderful! I love it! I use the VS self-tanner lotion first, then once that has dried, I put this on top before I go about my day for an extra boost of bronze and hydration. Which brings me to my next topic: hydration. This lotion has mineral oil, glycerin, and aloe vera juice in it, which last time I checked, all do nice jobs of keeping skin hydrated. I've learned that when you use self-tanners, it's best to keep your skin moisturized to make your tan last longer, and this stuff not only enhances my fake tan, but also helps it last longer! Woo hoo! However, mineral oil is very comedogenic (clogs pores big-time), so I wouldn't suggest using it on your face. It also smells very nice--kinda fruity, but it's not strong.
Now, about the price... it's $16 USD for about 5 oz., and for frequent all-over body applications, that's kind of expensive. If you're looking for something a little more budget-friendly, might I suggest VS's tan enhancing shimmer lotion with tint, which is basically a step down from this stuff (only $12 USD for 7.6 oz.), but I find it doesn't give your skin as much of a glow as it does a bold bronze.
Overall, this stuff is GREAT! So far, it's only available in stores and not on victoriassecret.com. I would recommend it to anyone or any skin shade!