December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Victoria's Secret - Face Prime [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I'm one of the few people who have realized that they came out with a new version of this. I don't know if it's the same solution but the packaging is definitely different. I haven't been using this product very long and that's why I only gave it a three, but so far I love it. It says it's a prime and setting spray, but I find it makes my face very greasy if I spray it after I finish putting on my face makeup. So I only use it as a primer. It definitely keeps my makeup in place and I haven't had the need to touch it up yet. My skin is acne prone but again I haven't been using it long enough to notice any changes, but as of now it's still pretty clear. As a primer it keeps my makeup crease free, but it doesn't do a very good job of controlling oil. It doesn't claim to do so, I'm just letting you know that if you're looking for a primer that fights oil, this isn't the primer for you. I would definitely recommend this product if you just need a simple primer to do the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

I don't know why, but I have the greatest difficulty finding primers and oil-absorbing powders that actually work. Primers with silicone-based ingredients just don't work with my skin and I break out like crazy. My skin isn't particularly acne-prone, but for some reason (especially in the summer) my face just bursts into a greaseball so easily, within even 2 hours or so from the time that I put on and set my makeup with a heavy duty shine absorbing powder like Kryolan. I had tried Skindinavia's makeup setting spray and had zero luck. So imagine my surprise when I gave this a shot and after an extended nap in the summer heat, my makeup was still pristine, with only a slight dewy finish! I actually use both this and Kryolan's anti shine powder and together they are formidable partners in the battle against shine on my face. I purchased VS's Face Prime from eBay because I knew that it wasn't available anymore in stores. However, they are selling this EXACT item under a new product name of "Make It Last Prime and Set Spray". So hurray! I spray on some spritzes when I'm all done with my makeup and wait for it to dry. Yes, it does almost feel like you're spraying a light hairspray on your face, because of the consistency it leaves. However, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a primer out there that does such a good job. I still have yet to experience breakouts with this product and also to see its performance in more challenging conditions. I will update as soon as I get those results!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Loved everything about this til it broke me out =(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

After seeing the rave reviews, I decided to go out and buy one! My makeup tend to last a couple hours and then requires a touch up constantly! I spray this on and then apply my makeup, and then my skin stays flawless all day long. It doesnt become oily like it usually does, and my makeup actually last. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by tmal

Make up last for hours. I love the finished look!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Primes Sets makeup well! My tinted moisturizer stays as well as my powder. I'm trying to use natural makeup just to hide my acne scars so this definitely helps keep the moisturizer and powder on longer and has lessened touch ups. It's great for only $14

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ToriaM

This setting spray is seriously the bomb! I have tried the elf and urban decay setting spray and they do nothing for me. I have extremely oily skin and this spray helps to keep my oil at bay for most of my 8 hr work day. I spray it before/after my makeup routine and it's safe to say it's become a crucial part of my makeup routine. And compared to the $29 urban decay deslick spray, the vs spray is only $14! Love this stuff!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

This is a pretty good primer and setting spray, two in one kind of deal. I have acne prone skin that tends to be super oily. I have tried other famous setting sprays from skindinavia and urban decay. I loved the skindinavia but it had a hefty price tag ($29 for 4.0 fl oz). I wasn't that fond of Urban Decay's version which was about the same price as skindinavia. Victoria's Secret's is about $14 for 4.05 fl oz!! I really like the setting spray and had it for over a month or two and it looks like I barely used it at all, I just spritz my face a few times before and after I do my makeup! Works like a charm, highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I might like this primer spray, it did not irritate my skin and did create a matte finish.. the only thing is, it might even be too dry for my combination oily skin. but i bet it works well for what it's supposed to do. i might need a heavier moisturizer with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by lapicella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best setting spray I've used. Makes my makeup last hours longer on my oily skin.