November 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Beautifying Oil in Mango

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these beautifying oils in general and have 4 bottles of this stuff. (Strawberry, mango, moringa and shea)

My favorite use is for the hair. My hair's coarse, meaning that it tolerates oils well. The problem with other vegetable oils is that they leave this awful rancid smell after a day or two. These oils, however, don't. They also feel so light and don't weigh my hair down. I rub 4-5 drops between my hands and then smooth it over my dry hair. I don't finger-comb my hair with it or else my hair would look limp. I wouldn't recommend this on damp/wet hair though, it just disappears when hair's dry. Think of this as a shine serum after you're done styling your hair.

I learned that this "dry" feeling is due to the first ingredient on the list called "Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride". It's not a harmful chemical, it's derived from the good old coconut oil.

I'm not a fan of applying stuff on body after shower, so i cannot comment on how it works as a body lotion. But i have used it on face, it's ok as long as you use a very small amount. Too much of it just sits on top of your skin. It cannot replace a moisturizer though, it might be used to give your face that dewy look on top of a light moisturizer.

I also wish the scent lasted longer...

The worst part of this product is its bottle. I think Body Shop should redesign the bottle without messing with the formula, something with a pump or a better quality cap perhaps?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra0330

Love it! Although i would not say that this is a dry oil. It is a mix of oils with a bunch of chemicals. It smells very nice and adds a good dose of hydration - I use it after the shower on damp skin. If you want to get dressed right away, especially with tight clothes, it might be a challenge!

All in all, a nice oil, smells gorgeous and I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by candyintheeyes

I am a hair products mania and always madly in love and get obsessed with oils and serum. My sister bought me this from Singapore on January and until now, it still contains about 3/4 bottle. At first, I like the scent of mango - sweet, fruity and a warm tropical summer feeling. But I later begin to feel that it's a bit overpowering and sickly-sweet. The main reason I get this, is to use it for my hair after towel-dried and it does work effectively by keeping my hair rather smooth although not completely frizz-free. I am a heavy handed person when it comes to hair oil, serum, cream, elixir etc. I have to make sure I use the correct amount of oil on my hair otherwise my hair will end up greasy and oily. The tip of the bottle cap has broken after a few weeks when I start using it. The cap cannot be properly closed at all and I have to use a cellophane tape to tape the cap to keep it covered. :(

On the other hand, I have also been using the moringa beautifying oil since October 2013 (bought for my birthday present and it is my first bottle of beautifying oil and my first get-in-touch with dry oil). I prefer the flowery smell than the mango scent although I ever read a review of a user described this moringa oil as old granny smell. Both of these oil equally work very well on hair and these small bottles do last for months even if I use pretty much of it as I have very dry, frizzy and chemically damaged hair. I will definitely buy other scents in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i had this in coconut, and i got my second bottle in mango. i love this scent and what this oil does for my skin! when i went back to the store to get it, the lady was so nice and helpful and i really love that the people at the store are educated in the products and brands vision.
this oil is just great though, really. i used to use this awful Garnier dry oil, made with avocado and some other oil (I threw it out, packaging was hell, and felt horrible in my hair).
the body shop oil feels great in my hair, on my skin and i put it on my face 4-5 times a week, usually to help with removing makeup. i love using it lately for my exposed limbs. its summer, even in canada, and i love having the victoria secret-esque sheen on my skin. definitely gonna keep repurchasing this stuff, and at $15 cdn-for a bottle that lasts 4-5 months-its definitely worth the buy. this stuff has never had any bad reactions with my skin. the only thing i would change would be to get a pump dispenser on it would make it a bit easier to manage. the top is kinda leaky and my cute mango sticker on the front is peeling off :-(.
but really, fantastic product. thank you, body shop!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by syber32

I love it, I wasn't sure at first, especially when my party host said she puts it on wet legs before she shaves them, but she was right, it's so soft and lovely, also great for elbows and knees to make them really soft

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I love the scent but I don't I will be repurchasing this product because it isn't that moisturizing. It's a little oily but not so much that it's uncomfortable. It lasts all day, and the scent fades away after about 1 hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Bellaaaaa

I have the Beautifying oil in coconut and I absolutely love it!!! Beautiful scent which isn't overpowering or fake and it lasts a while. Can be used on the body, face and hair!! I especially love putting a few drops on the ends of my hair because they are nearly always dry, but this oil makes them soft and shiny!! I love how there is also a slight shimmer/glow to this so it looks great on the skin :) Love love love this and will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is for the Beautifying Oil in Olive scent, as they come in many lovely scents.

I got it 2 weeks ago and is loving it, especially I got mine when the have their BOGO half price.

The oil is light and fast absorbing into the skin. The olive scent smells refreshing and natural, very nice! I especially like their ingredients: organic olive oil as a base, almond oil, kukui oil and other natural oils included in the list. I use it nightly on my cleaned face as a night treatment, serum and moisturzier all in one. I also use the oil on my hands and feet, and yes, at the ends of my long hair too - truly a multi-purpose product!

It takes a long time to use up one bottle, so will surely buy another bottle when this is done. Hope The Body Shop will continue to carry this oil!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this new product Beautifying Oil a few days ago at The Body Shop. It's a product that can be used on face, body and in the hair. I've tried it as a substitute for body lotion. It feels soft and smooth and is very moisturizing. I like the subtle scent which fades away quite quickly. The packaging is nice and it doesn't feel greasy as other oils can feel. I would definitely repurchase when I have finished this bottle. Thumbs up for the Beautifying Oil from The Body Shop. continued >>