July 30, 2014 | 1940 users online

Polishes - NARS - Trouville

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by CupcakeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Gorgeous color, worst formula. Such a production to put this on. Not quite sheer, not quite opaque. Turns into a streaky gloopy mess that takes forever to dry. Grrrrrr. Such a pretty color though. Moving on....!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I've been in severe "Retail Therapy Mode" and while letting my soul soar in Sephora I spotted this pretty polish. I picked up the last bottle in the store and then put it down. It was $19.00. That is four more dollars than I have paid for then most expensive polish. I walked around the store debating if I really wanted to spend that much on a pink polish. Wasn't there a foundation or eyeshadow I wanted more that was in the same price range? Sure I always have an ongoing makeup wish/acquire list, but nothing seemed to be on my acquire list was there. I really wanted that Sephora Ariel compact, but its nowhere to be seen. Oh well.......

....so I picked up the nail polish and took that pink bottle to the register. I'm pretty glad I did too. Yes, it has a difficult, streaky formula and it takes like 5 coats to get it opaque, but serious I love it! You do have to give it a long time for it to completely dry/harden. I chipped of a chunk when I decided it would be really smart to trellis my tomatoes after painting my nails and then mushed off some of the polish on my thumbs when I thought it would be an awesome idea to hand-squeeze key limes for a pie....dumb! Don't do those things. Just know this stuff will take awhile to dry all the way through. I think sometimes you just have to deal with polishes. They are all different. The thing with me is that I don't mind a polish that takes awhile to paint and dry....as long as it lasts for more than one day. I am only 3 day of wearing this stuff and it hasn't come off my nails in chunks or pulled away from the side of any of my nails. That is nice. I almost always have a few nails that chip or pull up. I can tell this is still nicely adhered to my nails. It also looks nice and even though it is pink it is unique. I am hoping I can pull this off while I am in clinicals for nursing. It is more subdued than some of my other pink polishes, but it isn't entirely nude. It does have some pop, but it is still sweet.

Bottle style is not the best design I have worked with, but I think if you paint your nails enough you kind of become a pro and dealing with weird bottles and brushes/brush handles. This could be improved, but I do give Nars credit for making this a square bottle. Makes it SO much easier to open and you know you have a secure closure with this because you have to turn the handle til it lines up correctly. I have a problem with not closing my polishes securely sometimes and get leaks. I'm glad I won't have to worry about that with this polish.

I can't say if any other Nars polishes are worth the price, but I know for me that if I find a unique color for them I will highly consider purchasing it. I'm not going to say this polish is worth $19 either, but I'm still glad, guilty, but glad I purchased this polish. I know I will get a TON of use out of it in the future. Not only that but I'm sure my pink obsessed baby cousin will want me to paint her lil' tootsies and fingers with this :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I absolutely love the color of this polish. I loved it in the bottle and I loved it on my nails even though it ends up a darker color (which other reviewers have named "pepto" and is fairly accurate. I love it though.) I've never been a fan of light pink or mellow, soft pinks and neutrals for nails so for me this is as close to that as I've gotten. I think its a really flattering color on my slightly tan skin with yellow undertones and has a mature, sophisticated look. Honestly I have been so bored with nail colors for the last 6 months and this color has somehow really changed that. I even want to do my toes to match!

the NEGATIVES: I took 2 lippies off. One for the price ($19 for a NARS np now. thats almost a 20% price increase from a few years ago. and obviously we have all noticed that their blushes magically jumped from $25-$29, bronzer from $30-$37.... those are pretty steep price hikes Francois. seriously. And they did it during the recession! I don't want to get off topic so I'll just finish by stating the obvious- the dramatic price increases a couple years back really irritated me

The other lippie I took off because of the formula of this polish. I hoped and prayed it would not be streaky and difficult to work with. But sadly it is. Its the most difficult nail polish I've worked with in a very long time. Actually a couple of months ago I bought a Revlon polish in mint green and had similar issues with it but this was worse. (and for more than double the price!). If I didn't like the shade of the polish so much I would just remove it and return it. But because I like the color so much I am going to get an actual mani-pedi and let the professionals fight with this formula. I just hope they don't fight me on the fact that it needs 3 coats to be even. (this is probably why the color looks so much darker on the nail that in the bottle). Dang you, you streaky pastel polishes. You'd think by 2013 they'd have figured out a formula for pastels and light colors that aren't streaky and weird.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty pink but it dries a few shades darker. I'm iffy on the final look -- I really wanted the bottle color but you do get something that's a bit more like Pepto than something soft and gorgeous.

The packaging isn't too great. While it looks nice, the square top is a bit annoying. The rubber-like material on the top is terrible because it seems to scratch very easily. The brush is thin and hard to work with.

But the thing that really ruins this polish is the formula. It's downright terrible. Streaky and takes forever to dry. Needs multiple layers to look right.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the nicest polish formulas I've come across, especially for a light cream color, which tend to lack opacity and streak. I didn't have either of those problems here, and the thickness of the formula was just a tiny bit thicker than perfection. I really love the color but initially thought it was off considering the beauty bloggers' pictures I'd seen. However, I soon realized the shade is somewhat of a chameleon. It looked like bright pink under sunlight but then like a muted seashell under indoor light bulbs, and everythin in between depending on your surroundings. Trouville was my first NARS polish because I'd been put off by the price, but due to this positive experience, I'm definitely looking into purchasing more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I bought this based on several beauty blogger's raves, as well as photos online that made it seem like more of a muted seashell pink. On my nails however it's still too pepto pink, which unfortunately isn't the color I was going for. The formula is streaky and sheer, as I applied three coats but you can still see streak marks so I can't say that I'd recommend this polish.