October 30, 2014 | 1662 users online

Treatments (Face) - Dr. Organic - Organic Rose Otto Facial Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am a bit scared of Argan oil. It has been the only thing that has ever given my cystic acne. (Thank you Moroccan Oil!) Meanwhile, my skin is both oily and dehydrated. I am also a wee bit broke this week. I bought this from the chuck out table at my local health food store, and I love it. I have used it two days in a row, under my fave Dr Hauschka's Normalising Oil. (Will write a review on that one shortly..... The scent is really strong. I like roses, but was a little concerned about how my husband would feel about it. Fortunately he loved my "new perfume"... MEN! It's light, doesn't feel greasy at all, and since my skin is plumped up and blowy, I'm hoping that my old argan oil nightmares don't come out and play.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by kimesama

At first I was hesitant on using this because I'm prone to very oil skin on occasions (especially in the Australian summer). I bought this in Dublin where I notice my skin became dry from the cold wind so I thought I needed extra moisturising because my gel moisturiser wasn't doing it's job.

I worried that the oil would make my skin oilier but it didn't. It will leave your skin slightly oily after 20 mins but this will soak in and you kinda look forward when you next apply it.
This serum doesn't clog any pores and I didn't break out. The strong rose smell hit me like a ton of bricks (Hello Nana perfume!) but then you get used to it after awhile. It also adapts well to the hot Aussie climate but I use it for my night routine instead of during the day. I found that it doesn't do so well under sunscreen...(more oil slick face!)

The packaging is a nice oil dropper in a glass bottle. It was easy to get through customs once it's securely placed in a snap lock bag. I'll be certainly will be buying more when I go back to Dublin because they don't seem to sell it here in Australia.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Winner of several awards:

Beauty Insiders' Choice Winner!
The 2011 Glosscars: Face and Body
Best New Everyday Facial Skincare Product

(hollandandbarrett.com)

This is a nice natural product. A fragrant light-weight oil that is quite easily absorbed into the skin - I just really like it.

For me it's best used as an overnight treatment, as then it has time to really work its magic. I wake up with my skin looking radiant and that gives me a massive kick.

Definitely a keeper.

^.^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sugarplum71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If your skin loves oils as much as mine does, then this serum is definitely a must-try. It's very interesting, because you're supposed to put it on before your usual moisturizer in the morning, and in the evening, on top of whatever you use, which is Retin-A in my case.

I find this method of application really effective! Here's how the product is described on the Dr Organic site: "This anti-aging super serum absorbs quickly into the epidermal cell matrix to instantly lock in moisture whilst using its powerful transdermal properties to permeate deeply, helping to renew elasticity, restore skin integrity and leave a soft, toned feeling of balanced hydration." I agree.... give it a go.