October 23, 2014 | 2154 users online

Bronzers - Lise Watier - Gold Liquid Silk Body and Legs

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product, based on the name and the description at the LW site. I have very pale skin and do not tan (I saw what tanning did to the skin of my mom and my aunties - that was more than enough of a lesson for me) but I'm not wild about my "raw chicken skin pale" legs when summer comes around and I had hopes that this lotion could be a quick fix for evenings out with my husband, when I want to wear a pretty, floaty summer skirt and sandals and bare legs. Well, the product didn't seem to give anything in the way of colour to my legs...they didn't look any darker or even more glittery, though my hands sure did. On the plus side, at least this doesn't have a hideous orange tone to it. I think I will use this on my shoulders and decolletage - it might be prettier there - and I might even try it on my face/cheekbones (while the name doesn't suggest that you can use this on your face, the instructions on the package include use on the face and this is so subtle that I might actually like the results).

All in all, a somewhat pricey product that doesn't really deliver the results I was hoping for. I wouldn't repurchase...I think I'm better off with a cheaper fake tanner or even with Pur Minerals bronzing powder dusted lightly on my legs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a new product from Lise Watier, and it's usually sold out everywhere I look.
It's an amazing bronzer for the body, packed with good stuff such as Olive Oil and vitamins A and E.
It's supposed to give skin a healthy golden glow, and it can be used on its own for that, or to enhance your tan.
I didn't expect it to look so natural, it really makes my pale self look golden and smooth. It comes out like a yellowy lotion, then right away darkens on contact with skin for the most perfect sunny look.
It has shimmer, but I only notice it when I wash off the bronzer, so no, you won't be glittery or anything.
It applies very even and flawless, so no streaks or orangeness or none of the minuses other bronzers have.It sinks in the skin completely, there is no greasiness, no transfer on the clothes.
The scent is very faint and is non-obtrusive, very clean.
If I have one caveat about this product, is the size of the bottle: 75 ml is really not enough to do your whole body for more than a week! And $30 for this small amount of product seems kinda steep.
EDIT to add that it does have shimmer. I wore it going out at night, and yes, you can see tiny shimmers all over. It's not stripper-like, it's very fine, but if you don't like shimmer at all in your products, stay away from it. It really isn't enough of it to bother me, though.