October 30, 2014 | 1120 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Sensi White Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by uniquo

I have been using this for about 2 months.. day and night..the key besides applying twice a day, is to exfoliate once a week or once every 2 weeks using a fine exfoliator such as the sebum reducer by Jane meenzten. I have found after the first week of using the product, and first exfoliating, I could actually move my some of freckles, or they came off my in the exfoliating cream. During this week after 2months(I have been slack with exfoliating) I exfoliated as usual, then I noticed MORE freckles had come off my face, with some becoming a very light brown. Now, it is only if you look at my face closely do you see the freckles. I love this product and will definitely repurchase even if the pigmentation is completely gone. I have used all different chemical creams to fade - at times I have ended with a red face, literally looking like a tomato. I have tried the ruby laser and another type of laser to burn them off. Not only is it painful, it is expensive as multiple sessions are required. I have also tried IPL. This only breaks up the freckle, and the freckle remains in smaller pieces. I love this product as 1. it really speeds up the skin renewal process 2. Not painful 3. inexpensive 4. No bookings are required as you can do this in your own home, and it's your own "secret". 5. Can still use a towel to wash your face. Can't do this when waiting for the scabs formed by the laser when burning off the freckle. Scars can develop. I love this product and it is my path to obtaining a freckle free face without any pain and easier on the wallet. after all the freckles have disappeared, I will start using the whitening cream. I don't want part of my face to be uneven in tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by annelisemarie

I'm an Asian with rather tan / olive skin, and I tan easily whenever out in the sun (I don't turn red, I just turn a shade of dark brown). I've tried numerous drugstore brand whitening creams like Garnier, Olay, Neutragena, Nivea etc but never found them to work. So last year I decided to try out this series of whitening products. I bought and used almost the complete regiment , including the face wash, moisturiser, and essence (all except the toner). And I must say that even though it took quite a while, I actually began to see an effect perhaps 3 weeks down the road. I mean, it doesn't literally make me turn white, but I did notice that my skin began to turn one or two shades fairer, and started becoming brighter as well. I have combination skin and used to suffer acne in my teens and college years, but this product does not cause any breakout (La Roche Posay is pretty gentle on the skin). The product isn't overly oily even though I have to apply first the moisturiser, and then the essence on top of it, so I'm quite satisfied with it.

The product I like best is actually the FaceWash, after using it I can immediately notice that my skin brightens and turns slightly fairer. To top it off, in the mornings before heading out, I also use the La Roche Posay non-tinted sun block (SPF 50) and I think it works well on my skin.

I guess as an Asian with a skintone like mine, it would be difficult to achieve what you see on TV (with the actresses having creamy white skin), but but being able to make your skin look brighter is enough to give you a healthy glow.

The only thing is that I find this series of product rather expensive (esp the essence!); however, I've finished one bottle and am still intending to get another when there's a discount.

Let me know what you think!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've bought this essence to help even out my skintone as I've been spotting quite a number of new sun spots recently. For some reason, I couldn't take the smell; it just smelled like really strong medicine to me and I just couldn't get used to it. After about 2 weeks, I gave up and decided to use it on my back instead. My back was left with pretty bad patches after many episodes of painful sunburns years back (suntanning was a very in thing then). The esssence did lighten up the discolouration and my back looked more even toned. I'm going to finish it up but its unlikely I'll buy it again (I can still smell it even when its back there :/ ). For heavy discolouration, the essence did do a good job.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by louisa235

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually liked this product. It did work, but gradually. Give it some time and it will even out your skin tone. I used harsher lighteners that did make my skin too sensitive. This one works very gently, gives good results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a review for the whitening serum available in most Asian countries. Everything about the physical qualities of this is great: easily absorbed, no pilling, layers well, lightly moisturising, mild non-offensive fragrance and opaque packaging. The downside is that it does nothing. After an entire bottle, i am sad to say that if you are after lightening, the concentration of the ingredients is too low to make a difference. I also suggest that you don't use the dropper since the rubber inside loosens each time, just use the cap it comes with as its completely air tight that way. I really wanted to like this, but 10% vit c does more than this or 5-8% niacinamide also does more.