August 30, 2014 | 1169 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Wild Apple Daffodil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Bath and Body Works lotions. They all smooth in and moisturize well. The bottles seem to be great in that the product will all drain to the bottom when turned upside down. You can also cut the bottle open and get every bit of product. The scent of this is fruity and floral although I smell more of a fruity scent. This is a great scent although it is not very memorable like some other BBW scents which is why I lowered the rating. It is a great lotion and a fun, fresh scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by songy67

This is a review for the Triple Moisture Body Cream. Firstly, the formula of these B&BW body creams is silky smooth and hydrating and they absorb into the skin nicely without being greasy or sticky. They are also highly fragrant and the scents linger for quite a while. To me, Wild Apple Daffodil is the perfect juicy fruity-floral for summertime. It's not heavy or sickly, but girly and fresh. I find some of the other B&BW scents to be cloying and nauseating after a while, but not this one. I definitely notice the apples first and a hint of pomegranate at the opening. The 'daffodil' softens it up so that it's not too tart and as it dries down it becomes less sweet and more floral. The combination of fruit and flowers reminded me of Marc Jacobs' Daisy, so I pair it with the EDP for a unique and long-lasting effect. This is not a scent that takes itself too seriously, but one that is friendly and lighthearted. It's one of my favorites at the moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got htis one in the shimmer fizz body mousse and its one of my favorite products right now. It acts as a lotion but its fizzy when you put on..:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks' Wild Apple Daffodil is one of the three limited edition scents from spring/summer's Wild Garden collection. Wild Apple Daffodil is described as a "playful blend of juicy red apples, flirty daffodils, and fresh pomegranates". Bath&BodyWorks calls their body lotions the perfect daily moisturizer. The formula is infused with shea butter, jojoba oil and vitamin e, and is fast absorbing and non-greasy. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand that makes all their products in the USA. I purchased my travel sized, 3fl oz bottle for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. You can buy the mini size individually for $5, or purchase the full 8fl oz size for $11.
Packaging is a recyclable, clear plastic bottle in the usual curvy shape most Signature Collection items have. Sitting atop the bottle is a white pop up cap. I was immediately drawn to Wild Apple Daffodil's imagery. A crisp looking bright red apple sits at the stems of three colorful pink and yellow daffodils. The name of the scent is written in bright, metallic blue lettering. The label suits the scent very well. It looks soft, fresh and springy, exactly how the scent smells.
Upon surveying Bath&BodyWorks employees before this collection was officially released, this was the unanimous least favorite. I'm unsure why. Possibly because it's hard to choose a least favorite from such a solid collection. Or maybe it's the slightly generic nature of the scent. It's pretty plain; one could assume that from the name, neither apples nor daffodils really have much of a smell to them.
Bath&BodyWorks elaborates on this scent's notes; let me list them out for you.
Top Notes: Red Delicious Apples, Pomelo, Sparkling Quince, Juicy Pomegranate
Mid Notes: Magnolia Blossoms, Juicy Peach, Peony Petals
Dry Notes: Vanilla Mist, Teakwood, Sheer Musk
What are most of those? Pomelo? Sparkling Quince? Teakwood? I'm no where near quite enough to even say those words out loud, let alone know what they are. Also, notice that daffodils are missing from the scent notes, probably because they don't actually have a smell. Either way, on to my description and opinion on the scent.
Wild Apple Daffodil is a fairly generic, soft, mostly floral scent with fruity top notes. At first sniff I instantly notice fresh, juicy, crisp apples with a delicate, kinda boring floral background. Once I take a deeper whiff I begin to pick up a blend of pomegranate and apples, which smells delicious, but still sits on top of that plain, boring, soft floral background. I can't even distinguish any of the floral notes. It just smells so basic to me. I wish Bath&BodyWorks tried a little harder to add some depth to Wild Apple Daffodil, though it's simplicity may be it's best feature.
Despite it's lack of depth and interest, I really like the smell of Wild Apple Daffodil. It's crisp and light, a completely different kind of fruity floral than what Bath&BodyWorks usually makes. It's easy to wear for just about anyone. It'd smell cute on a young teen, but still clean and mature enough for an older woman. My mum quite likes it actually. The simplicity of Wild Apple Daffodil makes it accessible to any age group, that's not something a lot of Bath&BodyWorks scents can say.
Because of the light, plain nature of this scent, it's easy to match and layer with other scents. I like to mix Wild Apple Daffodil with Loova's The Beach soap or Calgon's In the Rain body spray. Even though this scent is quite light it lingers on the skin for several hours after application. It stays close to the skin and makes you smell freshly showered.
The lotion it's self is Bath&BodyWorks standard. It's white, kinda thin, quick to absorb, and non-greasy. It kinda gives a cool feel on the skin, which is pleasant. It leaves the skin feeling lightly but thoroughly moisturized. I wouldn't call it the "perfect daily moisturizer", but it certainly gets the job done.
I like Bath&BodyWorks Wild Apple Daffodil. It's plain, but different from most of the brand's scents. It's much lighter and simpler than usual, and actually seems to last longer than usual as well. Wild Apple Daffodil seems like a universal scent that any one can pull off. However, it lacks interest to the point that I wouldn't repurchase it. I suggest you give Wild Apple Daffodil a sniff if you like crisp, apple-y scents, or if most Bath&BodyWorks scents are too heavy for you. This one may just be light enough.