October 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence - Blush Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

Too floppy, does not pick up enough product. Thought to use it on pigmented blush or bronzer (thinking it would provide a nice, light wash of colour), but application was patchy/uneven. Had to use my fingers or another blush brush to blend out. Sorry, this is a fail for me. Good thing it was inexpensive. I actually use this now to flick the dust off my laptop keyboard.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I'm a huge fan of the powder brush from Essence, this angled blush brush just didn't work for me. The bristles are not packed tightly enough to pick up enough product. Because the bristles bend too easily, it makes smooth and consistent application difficult. It doesn't blend particularly well, and blush is left sort of patchy and streaky. I wouldn't recommend this, even if the price is low and I am the kind of person who loves a good deal. I much prefer the ELF angled blush brush to this, and the price is similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

im reviewing a dual ended brush for a collection called "wild", amazzing brush for its price, the powder side takes the perfect amount of blush, and the eyeshadow is the perfect laying brush, without a hint of dropouts for the eyeshadow powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Iamzettesui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

- cute design (pink & black)
- smooth bristles
- it doesn't shed
- just the right size
- price

However, it doesn't pick up the right amount of blush pigment (Nyx - Peaches) maybe it just on the product fault.

On the other side it is perfect on applying bronzer, it gives a sun-kissed/ natural look on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great blush brush for the price point. While the hot pink and black handle color is a matter of taste, the design of the brush itself is solid: the handle is just the right length, neither too long nor too short, and the bristles are the perfect mix of softness and density to pick up pigment and apply blush wonderfully. It's a synthetic brush, which means after washing with water and baby shampoo, it dries within 24 hours - efficient and practical. It has never shed, bled color or lost its shape despite my multiple weekly washings over the course of 6 months, and it's still going strong. I'm impressed enough to pick up another for bronzing, in fact. It certainly beats the mess that is ELF Studio's version of an angled bronzing brush on all fronts. Highly recommended if you like using angled blush brushes!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by stls

I like the size/ shape of this brush and it does not shed. The handle is shorter than usual blush brushes and I consider the fuchsia/ black coloring a bit childish. I also dilike the plastic feel of the bristles but it's ridiculously cheap the performance is pretty good. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by s2chanchans2

This brush is great! Although it's use is supposed to be for a blush, I tend to use it for bronzers and loose powders as it does a great job

- it's soft to your skin
- acts as a great contouring brush
- brilliant, unique colour (not like your ordinary MAC or other high end make-up brushes)
- dirt cheap compared to high end brands!

I'm satisfied with all my essence range products, I haven't met one item that has let me down yet! :)
I would definitely recommend this brush, as well as their excellent nail polishes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Essence's Powder&Blush brushes are two cruelty free, coordinating brushes from this popular German brand. Each brush sells for a super affordable $2.49. These brushes were made in China. Essence products are available in Ulta in the US, Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada, and most European drugstores.
Both brushes come packaged in a clear plastic envelope that can be used as a brush case, but I tossed them. The back label offers a short description of the brushes in English, German, and French. Both brushes have black plastic handles with the Essence logo on them. The black, plastic ferrels are attached firmly to the handle. They're very lightweight brushes, but they're well made. They don't provide much weight in the hand though, so if you prefer your brushes to have a heavier feel, I'd skip these. Feel isn't something I'm picky with when it comes to brushes, though.
The blush brush is angled, made of hot pink bristles with black tips. The bristles are equally as soft and dense as the powder brush, but a bit more flexible. The bristles tend to splay ever so slightly, on the wider end, but it's nothing major and doesn't effect the shape of brush, or it's application. This is a multi-functional brush. Essence calls it perfect for highlighting cheekbones, which is how I prefer to use it. I like it as a blush brush, but only when I use a light blush. Deeper, more heavily pigmented blushes can turn out too strong and concentrated on my pale skin when applied with this brush. It's also not suitable for contouring, because of it's flexibility. Despite not being the best brush for blush, I love it as a highlighting and bronzing brush.
These brushes are durable. They keep their form after washing and dry quickly. They don't seem to shed at all, and there is only the slightest, insignificant splaying. Even though the synthetic bristles on both brushes are dyed bright colors, the color doesn't fade or run after washing.
I really love both the Essence Powder&Blush brushes, though I prefer the powder brush a bit more. I bought both of these brushes on whims, and I'm so glad that I did. I even plan to buy a second of each brush. If Essence is available to you, pick these brushes up asap! In fact, try as many Essence products as possible. They're extremely affordable, and almost never disappoint (except that one mascara that made my lashes fall out), like a European Wet n' Wild.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by brennabellchell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

best blush brush ever. holds blush pigment and blends well. cheap and way better than a $50 blush brush from mac!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I love this as a contour brush. Cheap and good quality too :)
Price: $4.47 CAD
Shape: slanted, thin-ish
Texture: soft and dense
I don't use this for my blushes at all but slanted tip makes it a perfect contour brush in my opinion. And it does pick up quite a lot of pigmentation as well.
For les $5, you can't go wrong