November 24, 2014 | 1775 users online

BB Cream - Christian Dior - Hydra Life BB Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by dana

My skin is comboination leaning towards oily. I love so many products in the Dior line, that I had to have the BB Cream when I saw it. When I first applied it, the coverage was fantastic. It was matte, but not drying, and a great color match for my NC25 skin. Within less than a half an hour, my face was an oily mess. Not to mention, if you are in the sun, this product drips off with your sweat. It stung my eyes, as well and no longer provided the SPF coverage I purchased it for. At an eyebrow raising $60 for a small tube, this was simply not worth the investment. Perhaps if your skin is dry, you will enjoy it. Oily gals/guys beware.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product applies easily and smoothly but is thicker than I would like. I seek that mid-weight BB that is not too sheer or too much like makeup. This is, unfortunately, just like makeup, though with a very even finish. It covers pores well. But even the lightest color skews too dark once applied. Although there is an appealing luminosity to the finish, it makes me look too old and heavily made up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(This review is based on me using a 3 day sample of this, I cannot comment on any long term effects of the product.)

I tested this bb creme in a cosmetic store, I immediately loved how it was so rich and pigmented, though as much as I loved what I had seen and how the product felt on me in the store, I just didn't purchase it straight away because of the price, it is far more expensive than any other bb cream or foundation that I have ever come across and I didn't want to make any expensive mistakes.. Instead I asked the sales associate at the store if I may have a sample and she was kind enough to squirt some into a small container that I could try out at home and see how I may like it. I had enough product for 3 applications and this is my review.
The product spreads with ease and very nicely over the face, it feels very light and comfortable. I used a small brush which is specifically designed for applying bb creams (brand is kicks). I doted the product with my finger over small areas of the face and continued to spread and blend using the brush. Since the product is very pigmented only a small bit was required to get a nice, even coverage.
I find it necessary to set this bb cream with some loose powder otherwise it does look very shiny and somewhat wet. With the setting powder it does appear less shiny and still gives my face this healthy looking glow which looks like my own skin and not like I am wearing any foundation or make-up.. even my Husband commented at how 'fresh' I was looking and thought it was all natural. You may wear this on it's own for those days where you might not feel like doing a full face of make-up but just want to even out your complexion to hide minor imperfections or you may also just replace your foundation with this as it does give a very nice seamless coverage comparable to medium foundation. If you have dark or pronounced pigmentation marks on your face then you may continue to use a concealer to cover them up but it does hide most discolorations very well.
One downside to this product is that there are only 3 shades available at the moment which I don't think everyone will be lucky enough to find a shade that will suite them. I am a NC42 in Mac make up and tried on the colour 003 which is their darkest colour. This shade was just slighty darker and a tad too warm for my skin tone, I do think it would suite me perfectly in the summer with a little tan on though. The next shade lighter (002) was far, far too light for me. I think the 003 shade will suite anyone who is a NC 44 or 45 perfectly.
I found this BB cream to have a very glowy and dewy effect which I loved, If you're looking for a matte finish then this won't work for you. It is quite moisturizing and is probably better suited for people with drier skin tones. If you have oilier skin then I recommend you ask for a sample first and test it out as it doesn't have oil absorbing or oil control properties. I have oily/combination skin and as much as I loved it on right after being applied I found that I had to touch up with powder quite often throughout the day otherwise I would look really, really greasy which Is a shame as It seems like a good product but just not for my skin type. I have not had any break outs or a bad reaction in these days of using it. The sun protection in it is definitely a plus.
I will not be purchasing a full size at the moment as my skin is just oilier than normal at the moment and this bb cream is not suited for me right now, I would still buy it if my skin gets less oily which is something that I'm working on..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This is an awesome product, but not without faults. As other reviewers have said, the shade selection is crappy and i wish Dior would reconsider and make shade between 01 and 02, since the lightest one had pink undertones and makes people with yellow light undertones look ashy, while the next shade up definitely warms up the face quite a bit, therefore making it look orange-ish. I was very interested in trying the product and asked for a sample. To make it appear lighter, i mixed it with my Jouer matte moisture tint in Linen. That combination is perfect for me. It's mattifying, yet it makes my skin look very natural and flawless. I think i will purchase the full size since i wasn't able to find another mattifying BB cream (my beloved Lumene is a tad too moisturizing this time a year for me). If only there was just one additional shade, it would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by IsisMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved how this product looked on my skin. It blend very well and looks just beautiful.
I bought the color Golden Peach. I would definitely buy this product again and recommend this foundation to other people. I still don't know if this foundation cause me to break out because I only used it once, I really hope not!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by nlls11

This would be such a good bb cream if i bought the right shade for me. I bought the shade which is really orangey by a mistake thanks to weird lightning in the store.When i got home, i was like "How could i be so silly!" Cuz you know, its a dior product!! Coverage is awesome! Product itself is very thin that you might think "Omg how this formula can cover up my face!" But it can, girlfriend. It has a strange scent which is not bad but not good either. I loove the packaging!! If i got its right shade i would give it 5!! Anyways i might buy it again with selecting the right shade this time

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of Dior's Hydralife BB Cream at Sephora and was super excited to try it out. This was when the BB hype had really begun and I had been itching to try some so that I could know whether I wanted to invest in a full sized product.

Pros:
-Great, velvety texture
-Moisturizing
-Great coverage that isn't too heavy or opaque; flaws were still camouflaged though

Cons:
-Very few shades to choose from. When I received my sample Dior was currently only carrying one shade that was supposed to blend into any skin shade. Nope! I don't even consider myself pale and it still made my skin muddy and orange. *Dior has since added 2 more shades, but that still means that there are only 3 shades for all skin tones.
-The price is just crazy. I don't mind paying more for a truly great product, but there are so many other BB creams that are better that cost less.

It's not that it's a terrible product, but when you compare it to other BB creams on the market (Bobbi Brown, MAC, Stila, Smashbox) it just doesn't bode so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by minimartha

I went to Sephora to buy Urban Decay eyeshadow and was given a sample of this delectable little treat for the skin. I have never tried a BB Creme before now. I have medium/fair skin tone so the Golden Peach works best for me. I loved it so much I will be going back this week to purchase a tube of this BB Creme. Yes, it cost $56 but it is so worth it. It works well in the hot humid summers of good ole North Carolina. It has no smell that I can detect, the texture is divine, lightweight and it really covers without looking like you have on makeup. I have oily skin and even this does not make my oil skin worse. Though, I admit it might be because I do use a primer before using the BB Creme. Regardless, I highly, highly recommend this stuff. Splurge ladies...you only have one face might as well treat it well. THANK YOU CHRISTIAN DIOR!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by haliavalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best BB cream on the market as far as I'm concerned. Improves skin, and covers leaving a natural complexion... This is my second summer with it and I've yet to burn, thanks to the high SPF!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by blushgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love , love, love it!!! I love the pump tube and the high value sunscreen. It gives me a faint cover I love for every day or evening. I am at an age where less is more. This BB gives my skin a nice finish that doesn't pill and doesn't sink into lines on my face . It is a grownup girls BB cream. I am on my second tube. 1 and 1/2 pumps gives me plenty of coverage so it does last longer that you would think. Bravo Dior!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No