Dior Hydra Life BB Creme

3.6

Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.75%, Titanium Dioxide 3.55%, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone -3) 1.00% Other: Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Methyltrimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon 6/12, Alcohol, Iron Oxides, Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides, BHT, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citronellol, Limonene

on 6/10/2015 9:34:00 AM

I wasn't too sure about this BB cream because I had read that it was too orange and only came in one shade. Luckily! It now comes i three other shades, so don't be afraid to head down to Dior and try it ladies!
It's got a great SPF of 30 (can't have anything over 30 in Australia), it doesn't leave my skin dry, itchy or cause me to break out like most other BB creams have done to me (I have sensitive skin).
The finish on my skin is nice an dewy without it looking like an oily mess. The product smells amazing too! And my skin often reacts badly to creams or makeup that have fragrances (skin is fine using this). OH and did I mention that it's hydrating?!!

I use the NARS sheer glow foundation everyday, and I have a feeling it's now going to be replaced by the Dior BB because it gives me that same flawless skin-like look with the added SPF that NARS just doesn't have.

Yes, it is very pricey! it retails for $85 AU. I feel like it's worth it though, because you don't need much of the product each time (a little goes a long way).

on 5/13/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Two minds about this product as of late. I have been using the regular Hydra Life Dior tinted moisturizer, but my shop didn't have it at the time, so the SA suggested this. I was fine with it for the first few months, but then started noticing later (don't know why) that it's actually orange! Coverage is good, as I don't like putting heavy make-up. It's just too greasy for me after a few hours. I would try a different brand, but we're not really spoilt for choice here in Doha. I don't think I will buy this again.

on 4/15/2015 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to like this BB cream as it's pretty moost for dry skin but the color is just so off to me. The lightest shade has a salmon tone and it runs medium not light. I mean who can wear that color? Especially I'm Asian. I wish they make more neutral and light shade.

Otherwise it is creamy and easy to blend. Staying power is ok with a powder on my T zone. My oily nose still becomes shiny after about 3 hours of wear though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very nice product if you want some moisture. be aware of the teint please, ask for a sample before since it can be highly pigmented.

on 12/18/2014 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am a complete fan since I started using this BB creme. I tried a few others, but abandoned the tubes halfway and went back to this one - worth every cent. Maybe I am just lucky, but both the original (which adapted to skin colour and I actually still prefer) and the new version suits my skin tone. You should apply 10 minutes after your moisturiser and then need about 15 minutes for the product to settle. I have had very little need to apply extra SPF, as this covers me even in the harsh South African sun. I had breakouts before but feel my skin is much clearer since I have replaced my foundation ( also Dior) with this BB creme. With my combination skin, I do need to blot with powder a couple times a day, but I am very happy with how dewy and radiant my skin looks and my pores are visible reduced. Even my mom commented on how refined my skin looks. Also, my beautician have been converted since she tried it and is now recommending it to all her clients, with great feedback.

on 8/20/2014 3:50:00 PM

My skin is comboination leaning towards oily. I love so many products in the Dior line, that I had to have the BB Cream when I saw it. When I first applied it, the coverage was fantastic. It was matte, but not drying, and a great color match for my NC25 skin. Within less than a half an hour, my face was an oily mess. Not to mention, if you are in the sun, this product drips off with your sweat. It stung my eyes, as well and no longer provided the SPF coverage I purchased it for. At an eyebrow raising $60 for a small tube, this was simply not worth the investment. Perhaps if your skin is dry, you will enjoy it. Oily gals/guys beware.

on 1/28/2014 1:01:00 PM

The product applies easily and smoothly but is thicker than I would like. I seek that mid-weight BB that is not too sheer or too much like makeup. This is, unfortunately, just like makeup, though with a very even finish. It covers pores well. But even the lightest color skews too dark once applied. Although there is an appealing luminosity to the finish, it makes me look too old and heavily made up.

on 11/5/2013 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

(This review is based on me using a 3 day sample of this, I cannot comment on any long term effects of the product.)

I tested this bb creme in a cosmetic store, I immediately loved how it was so rich and pigmented, though as much as I loved what I had seen and how the product felt on me in the store, I just didn't purchase it straight away because of the price, it is far more expensive than any other bb cream or foundation that I have ever come across and I didn't want to make any expensive mistakes.. Instead I asked the sales associate at the store if I may have a sample and she was kind enough to squirt some into a small container that I could try out at home and see how I may like it. I had enough product for 3 applications and this is my review.
The product spreads with ease and very nicely over the face, it feels very light and comfortable. I used a small brush which is specifically designed for applying bb creams (brand is kicks). I doted the product with my finger over small areas of the face and continued to spread and blend using the brush. Since the product is very pigmented only a small bit was required to get a nice, even coverage.
I find it necessary to set this bb cream with some loose powder otherwise it does look very shiny and somewhat wet. With the setting powder it does appear less shiny and still gives my face this healthy looking glow which looks like my own skin and not like I am wearing any foundation or make-up.. even my Husband commented at how 'fresh' I was looking and thought it was all natural. You may wear this on it's own for those days where you might not feel like doing a full face of make-up but just want to even out your complexion to hide minor imperfections or you may also just replace your foundation with this as it does give a very nice seamless coverage comparable to medium foundation. If you have dark or pronounced pigmentation marks on your face then you may continue to use a concealer to cover them up but it does hide most discolorations very well.
One downside to this product is that there are only 3 shades available at the moment which I don't think everyone will be lucky enough to find a shade that will suite them. I am a NC42 in Mac make up and tried on the colour 003 which is their darkest colour. This shade was just slighty darker and a tad too warm for my skin tone, I do think it would suite me perfectly in the summer with a little tan on though. The next shade lighter (002) was far, far too light for me. I think the 003 shade will suite anyone who is a NC 44 or 45 perfectly.
I found this BB cream to have a very glowy and dewy effect which I loved, If you're looking for a matte finish then this won't work for you. It is quite moisturizing and is probably better suited for people with drier skin tones. If you have oilier skin then I recommend you ask for a sample first and test it out as it doesn't have oil absorbing or oil control properties. I have oily/combination skin and as much as I loved it on right after being applied I found that I had to touch up with powder quite often throughout the day otherwise I would look really, really greasy which Is a shame as It seems like a good product but just not for my skin type. I have not had any break outs or a bad reaction in these days of using it. The sun protection in it is definitely a plus.
I will not be purchasing a full size at the moment as my skin is just oilier than normal at the moment and this bb cream is not suited for me right now, I would still buy it if my skin gets less oily which is something that I'm working on..

on 10/13/2013 11:30:00 AM

This is an awesome product, but not without faults. As other reviewers have said, the shade selection is crappy and i wish Dior would reconsider and make shade between 01 and 02, since the lightest one had pink undertones and makes people with yellow light undertones look ashy, while the next shade up definitely warms up the face quite a bit, therefore making it look orange-ish. I was very interested in trying the product and asked for a sample. To make it appear lighter, i mixed it with my Jouer matte moisture tint in Linen. That combination is perfect for me. It's mattifying, yet it makes my skin look very natural and flawless. I think i will purchase the full size since i wasn't able to find another mattifying BB cream (my beloved Lumene is a tad too moisturizing this time a year for me). If only there was just one additional shade, it would be perfect.

on 9/7/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really loved how this product looked on my skin. It blend very well and looks just beautiful.
I bought the color Golden Peach. I would definitely buy this product again and recommend this foundation to other people. I still don't know if this foundation cause me to break out because I only used it once, I really hope not!