August 30, 2014 | 901 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Soft Sand

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this from the 2012 Hey Sailor collection. The packaging is adorable and the bronzer isn't half bad either. Color wise, it's perfect. A true golden tone without being muddy or pulling red on my skin. There is a little bit of shimmer which remains undetectable once applied. My only gripe is the formula itself. I don't know if I got a bad batch but this is not very pigmented and I really must press my brush to get any sort of color. There was somewhat of a film on the top of this and I'm not sure if it's ever really gone away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

I bought this from the hey sailor collection to replace my former bronzer. I use it for contouring my ppp skin and I really like it. I am really picky with bronzers and probably own about 10 bronzers but so far this one and golden from mac are the only ones i liked on me. The color is neutral enough that it doesnt look fake on my white skin. I don't have any trouble picking up product with my brush but I do notice that it is fairly subtle although it is buildable. I am very pale so it shows up on me fine. I think the packaging from the hey sailor collection is really cute too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the LE Hey Sailor version of this. Very pretty bronzer. Works well with my NC 30 skintone. Not to dark and doesnt' make your face look "dirty" The shimmer is so very subtle, I can hardly see it at all once its on which I love. Blends beautifully and gives the perfect amount of color.

Only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it is a bit lighter than I would have expected. I'm finding I have to layer it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I got this from the "Hey Sailor" collection. Beautiful color if you can get it onto your brush. I don't know why mine is so hard, but I tried 3 different brushes to get the color onto my face. Apparently MAC re-promotes this shade a lot. Not sure if I got a dud or not, but ended up returning it and getting Nude on Board (another review) one of the pro longwear colors. Buyers beware...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by neeksters

This is my first makeup alley review!

I absolutely love this soft sand color. I've never owned anything from a collection so I decided to get this bronzer and a blush. It's a really pretty color and shows up just the way I would want a bronzer to-- satin-y matte-ish. I am NC 42 and I do not have an issue with color payoff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my favorite out of the hey sailor le bronzes. It works perfectly on my fair skin. It has shimmer but it's very finely killed and not really noticeable once on the skin.
Very pretty bronzer, easy to apply.