September 20, 2014 | 1147 users online

Pressed Powders - Koh Gen Do - Maifanshi Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this finely milled powder, it's like magic in a compact. I apply this over my KGD Aqua Foundation and I have seemingly perfect and poreless skin. Truly amazing light diffusing stuff. I don't need smoke and mirrors when I use this.

I had a dermatologist appointment once and she asked what I was using! Haha, it's that good that you can fool a dermatologist into thinking your skin miraculously improved. Actually, she might not have been fooled but her interest was definitely piqued when she saw how naturally flawless my skin looked.

I have fair Asian skin and I've noticed because KGD products originate from Japan, they match me well. Not sure how this stuff would fare on darker skintones because it looks white on first contact. I would highly recommend this to folks with dry skin like me, it never flakes or looks patchy and weird, it just sort of melts away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this powder for keeping my oily, acne-prone skin matte and for blurring my pores and acne scars ever so slightly. It is very finely milled and velvety. I can say this is more effective than all of the pressed powders I've tried before (MAC Blot Powder, Becca, Benefit, Hourglass, Canmake, etc). I'm surprised this product has a very small following!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lulululululu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent quality and makes your face look natural and finished. The selection of colors is wonderful and it makes your face look beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The yellow looked so vibrant, I thought it would be worth every penny. The price is quite steep, and the quality is not so good. I will use it as a lid base. it does not show up on my face and does not cover anything. I have had better luck with Bobbi Brown yellow based powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Koh Gen Doh's Maifanshi pressed powder is a truly translucent pressed finishing powder with enough moisturizing ingredients to glide on and melt into my normal/dry skin. Gloriously soft and pretty feel as well as look. Don't expect coverage from this, just a smoother, finished look. I love Koh Gen Do; the products aren't ostentatious and they are very, very good quality.