Almay Wake-up liquid foundation

2.3

on 5/9/2015 10:11:00 AM

Having successfully used Almay products for years,very disappointed in this product.
It burn't my skin,dried out my cheeks to block my pores and create white heads.
I have contacted almay and they have requested I send the product to them and they will refund the cost.

on 3/7/2015 9:12:00 AM

Very sad this didn't work out for me. Very light coverage. Made my skin tingle/burn on my cheeks. Turned orange although just slightly. Just a waste of money for me.

on 1/3/2015 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up this foundation because I have dry skin and this claims to give your skin an energized look. Personally I don't wear foundation or makeup everyday but when I do wear one I would like for it to look good. My first time I decided to apply it I noticed how heavy it felt on my skin like I could feel I had something on. There is not very good shade selection and I definitely do not recommend this mostly because it is shimmery. I didn't notice this at first but when I changed my lighting it was hard to miss and in the sun you will look like Edward Cullen from Twilight. The one good thing this does have over a majority of drugstore foundations is that is has a pump. I think its best to apply it in store if testers are available to see for yourself.

on 10/29/2014 1:04:00 PM

Okay. Hate it. Packaging gets a 5 because of the pump, quaintly a 2 cause it sucks, and price a 4 for expensive cause it's $14 but SUCKS. It really emphasis any sort of dryness. If you have dehydrated skin, the kind where if the light hits your skin just right you can see the scratchy lines is your skin, this will make them stand out like no other. It is very greasy feeling, too. Looks bad, feels bad, even feels a bit grainy because of the GLITTER in it. Hate hate hate.

on 10/22/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Really the only thing I liked about this foundation is that the shade I bought (Naked - 030) matched my skin perfectly. Even with other foundations like L'oreal True Match, they have always been too light, too dark, too orange, etc. This is the only foundation I've found in a long time that I can wear without worrying that I look orange or unnaturally white. However, this foundation is a bit too sheer for me and it actually appears to have some kind of glitter in it...what purpose that serves is beyond me.

on 9/26/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's hard where I live to review makeup in the winter, when I originally bought and was wearing this foundation. Through the dreary and cloudy months I was very happy with this foundation at a good price that actually fit my very fair skin tone. It gave a natural-to-dewy finish and stayed in place for work.

But one lovely day, when the sun was shining, I was sitting in my car, waiting for my boyfriend. I looked in the mirror, in direct sunlight and saw actual glitter all over my face.

It was this stuff.

I'm not abhorred by looking bright and shiny and extra glowy, but I look for a little more formulaic sophistication from products to produce a lovely sheen rather than...glitter. If there wasn't any, I'm sure I would have stayed with this product because it was otherwise undetectable under the lights in the office and in the bathroom. But hey, the sun sets that time of year at 4:30 so maybe it could work for others! In the winter...

This did not work on me at all. It looked great for the first few days, and then I had an awful breakout. My skin does not normally break out beyond a few small blemishes, but this was a full-on breakout.

I had to chuck it, and I went back to Clinique.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my friend gave me this foundation because it was too dark for her. it was in the shade Neutral and fit me perfectly for summer. it has really light coverage. it didnt cover up my acne at all. When i would go in the sun it would slide right off, even with primer under it. definatley wouldnt reccomend this.

Honestly this was a huge waste of around $15 CAD. I should have researched the brand or read the reviews, because this made every flake or imperfection on my face stand out horribly. I have dry-combo skin. But I even used it on my friend who has combo-oily skin, complete opposite side of the spectrum, and this looked bad on her too. It turned into an oil slick within minutes and was sliding all over her face. Horrible and I really wish I could get a refund.

on 5/26/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have the most oily T zone ever, so I have to be careful with the products I buy, when I bought this I realized it gives me the same I finish look as my physicians formula foundation, it makes my skin look so bright and beautiful I love the end result of it, but after it makes my t zone super oily and makes look sweaty its a disaster. And after a few days of having it I noticed the foundation like turning all weird I noticed there was water on tope of it and the foundation was sitting at the bottom I tried shaking it but I realized I wouldn't wanna apply that in my face.