Victoria's Secret Love is Heavenly

3.0

veeeeeery sugary fragrance. low staying power, pretty color in the bottle but it also looks super tacky. i like it but i'm 28 and i feel like it's too young for me. only got it cause it was $10.

on 9/23/2012 11:25:00 PM

Is it just me, or does this smell just like Aspen?

on 7/10/2012 8:18:00 PM

I love this perfume!!! I am VERY picky with perfumes, so I tend not to buy them. I just happened to spray this on while shopping at VS, and could not stop smelling my wrists!!! It is a very light, fresh scent... Had to go back and buy!! It is currently the only one I wear, and I love it!! Doesn't last very long, but I prefer that... I don't like strong scents. Love this!!!!

on 6/26/2012 8:27:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

What a gorgeous looking perfume bottle. I love the happy peachy pink fading to translucent color of this perfume bottle. The scent, however, doesn't match with the outside at all. It's a grotesque smell. I didn't expect this from VS. Luckily, the fragrant doesn't last more than an hour or so and it completely disappear! This fragrant reminds of another VS fragrant Basic Instinct. It's a very strong, nauseous, vomit induced, jolting, sharp, acrid, like cheap men's cologne. I generally love VS perfumes but this one is a fail. Maybe VS does this on purpose to appeal to the more mature demographic. AFter all, it's the older working women that can afford to spend a lot. It may be a smart move for VS.

top note:mandarin blossom black cherry kiwi
mid: water lily, freesia, orchid, peony
base: sandalwood, mahogany, ebony tree, musk

This is what i actually picked up from this fragrant: chemical, more synthetic chemical of some sort, denatured alcohol.

seriously, there is nothing soft feminine, dreamy about this cologne. It's even stronger man men's cologne I've smelled in the past . I think drakar, or cool water, or tommy for men smell more feminine and easy on the nose than dream angel love is heavenly. so disappointed.

on 5/25/2012 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Very basic scent...I smell the mandarin and the musk...I would recommend this scent for the workplace or something casual.

Needless to say, I wouldn't buy this for myself but maybe for my mom?

on 5/18/2012 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I received a sample of this scent the last time I took a qquick shopping excursion to my local VS. Love is Heavenly is a limited edition spring fragrance in the Dream Angels line. According to Fragrantica, its scent profile breaks down as follows:

Top = mandarin blossom, blackberry, kiwi
Middle = water lily, freesia, orchid, peony
Bottom = sandalwood, mahogany, ebony tree, musk

Sure enough, initial spritz is very fruity. The mandarin blossom and blackberry especially are juicy and bright. The subsequent floral layer opens with an aquatic accord thanks to the water lily and orchid. The peony and freesia round out the watery aspect with a light, dewy rose smell. The final layer is rather light on me. I detect the mahogany and musk the most, very faintly reminiscent to Burberry Brit, which also features mahogany in the dry-down. Love is Heavenly ends more with a watery woody conclusion, something soapy as well as a little smoky. I can understand VS’ tag line of love being pure and fresh … This perfume epitomizes a luminous cleanliness that, with two sprays on either side of my neck, lasts for about six to eight hours.

It is interesting. I do like the fragrance but probably not enough to drop $52 for a 2.5 bottle. I still have a quarter of Dream Angels Divine left in my perfume stash; plus, Dream Angels Forever and VS Fantasies Ravishing Love are better blackberry scents in my opinion. I may wait for a semi annual sale or buy Love is Heavenly online very cheaply once it is discontinued. Do not know. As it is, I have way too much perfume right now and would like to avoid going broke.

As an aside, Love is Heavenly has a rather interesting bottle shape. It is a rectangle, but with a little more personality due to some curvelinear elements to it. If money were no object, I would buy this just for its unusual packaging. Try it. The scent is a pretty, basic floral that can be dressed up or down, quite versatile in its own way.

Popular Fragrances